Admission Requirements For Xavier University Of Louisiana
The following requirements must be met before a student can be accepted into the University of Louisiana at Lafayette.
In order to be considered for admission, applicants must complete the following requirements:
- Application fee of $50 (non-refundable)
- Application form and personal statement (these are required by all students)
- Two recommendation letters from someone not related to you. Letters should include what makes you a good fit for XULA.
- Official high school transcripts –scanned or printed documents must be sent directly from your high school principal or counselor. If you are still in high school, please include your senior schedule, graduation date and proof that you have completed all requirements for graduation at that time. If applicable, include SAT/ACT scores with your application materials as well.
- Official college/university transcript(s). Please submit an unofficial copy so we can review it prior to submitting official copies during our application process. You may request an official copy after arriving on campus if needed.* Students who have graduated within 12 months of applying must submit either SAT Reasoning Test Scores or ACT Composite Score Report along with their application materials
Official High School Transcripts
- Official High School Transcripts
- Transcripts must be sent directly from the high school to Xavier University of Louisiana.
- Notarized transcripts are not required.
- You may submit an official transcript by mail or by fax to: Admissions Office, Box 180460, New Orleans, LA 70118 or (504) 762-1400 ext. 5202
- SAT: The test is required, with a minimum score of 1000.
- ACT: Either test is accepted. To be considered, scores must be sent directly from the testing center and include your name, ID number, class date and birth date as well as the testing center code (3624 for New Orleans).
Students who have been accepted to Xavier University will be asked to come to campus for an interview. The interview is conducted by the admissions office and may be done on-campus or via Skype. If you are not a U.S. citizen, however, it is possible that your application may not require an interview at all.
The purpose of this process is for Xavier University officials to get a better sense of who you are as a person and how well you fit into their community of students, faculty members and administrators. The admissions team also wants to confirm that any financial aid needs can be met with no problem.
Make sure you have all the requirements ready.
To apply to Xavier University of Louisiana, you must complete the following steps:
- Complete the application for admission online at www.xula.edu/admissions/apply-now/.
- Send official copies of all transcripts from high school, community college and any other institutions attended (including military). Official transcripts should be sent to: Xavier University of Louisiana, Office of Admissions; 3800 Freret Street; New Orleans, LA 70115-2299 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pay $80 nonrefundable application fee (we accept Visa or MasterCard) by credit card or through Money Gram when completing your online application at www.xula.edu/admissions/apply-now/.
Xavier University Of Louisiana is a great school that offers a lot of opportunities. We hope you are able to apply for admission as soon as possible!