Athletics University Of Michigan
Michigan Athletics has a rich history of athletic excellence and academic achievement. The university’s sports teams have won seven NCAA championships and produced many Olympic athletes. Michigan boasts more than 500 athletic facilities, including 32 fields and arenas, an indoor track facility, two pools and an aquatic center.
The campus of the University of Michigan is a great place to live and study. Students enjoy all kinds of student activities, events and traditions. There are many student organizations at UM that provide students with a variety of opportunities to get involved in their community. The Office of Student Life provides many services for students, such as the Health Service Center, Campus Recreation Programs and Intramural Sports.
Officers and Head Coach
The University of Michigan is a member of the Big Ten Conference (Big 10) and participates in Division I (DI) for both men’s and women’s sports. The athletic department also offers many different club sport options for students who want to compete at a more recreational level.
You may want to know more about the faculty and staff at Michigan. Here is a list of all the faculty in athletics, along with some basic information about them:
- Name: Carol Abaya-Zapata
- Role: Associate Director for Student-Athlete Development/Student-Athlete Success Services
- Credentials: Ph.D., Ed.D., M.A., B.S., MEd
- Years at U of M: 5 years;
You can also find out more about their interests, hobbies and favorite things by visiting their departmental website or reaching out to them directly on Facebook or Twitter.
Competitions and Records
- UM Athletics has won 14 NCAA championships.
- UM Athletics has won 8 Big Ten championships.
- UM Athletics has won 10 MAC championships.
- UM Athletics has won 3 Big Ten Conference Championships
Teams and Achievements
The University of Michigan has a number of teams that compete in various sports. These include men’s basketball, women’s basketball, men’s cross country, women’s cross country and swimming and diving teams. The university also has teams for tennis as well as indoor track and field competitions.
- Mission Statement: The mission of UM Athletics is to provide a quality intercollegiate athletics program in an environment that promotes academic achievement, personal development and student-athlete welfare.
- Vision Statement: The vision of UM Athletics is to be a leading institution in the collegiate athletic community by providing experiences which inspire excellence through academic achievement, personal integrity and high standards of sportsmanship.
- Core Values: Teamwork, Integrity & Respect, Excellence & Achievement
The University of Michigan is one of the top athletic programs in the country, with more than 150 NCAA championships and over 700 team titles. The Wolverines have won more men’s basketball championships than any other school in history, with seven titles under their belt.