Meet Dr. James
Your chiropractor will be Dr. James, a Bangor native who is a graduate of Bangor High School, the University of New England, and Life Chiropractic College. She is a fully licensed chiropractor, having received her license in 2008.
Dr. James is enthusiastic about chiropractic and its ability to help patients also love their bodies more each day.
Bangor Chiropractic and Wellness Center has been serving the Bangor area since 1976.
Bangor Chiropractic and Wellness Center has been serving the Bangor area since 1976. Although our practice has grown over the years, we have retained our personal touch with each patient. We have four chiropractors on staff, along with a massage therapist and a physical therapist who are available to treat patients from Monday through Friday. Our office is open from 7 AM to 8 PM on weekdays and 9 AM to 12 PM on Saturday. For more information about our services or to schedule an appointment, call (207) 942-8161.
What to Expect on Your First Visit
At your first appointment, the doctor will perform a thorough history taking and examination of your case. The exact approach can vary, but it will usually look something like this:
You will meet with one of our specialists and discuss all aspects of your case including the reason for seeking chiropractic care. You’ll talk about when and how any symptoms started, what makes them better or worse, and other questions about your general health to help determine if you’re an appropriate candidate for chiropractic care. We’ll also evaluate whether there are any other factors that could be contributing to your condition.
After taking a detailed history, we’ll conduct a comprehensive orthopedic examination to assess various parts of the musculoskeletal system in order to find out more about the nature of your injury. This includes a careful evaluation of posture and gait (how you walk or stand), joint range of motion testing (such as bending down), muscle strength testing, tenderness/sensation assessment, special tests (to learn more about specific injuries), palpation (feeling over joints and muscles) and neurological evaluation (assessing nerve function). After completing the examination portion we may decide to do advanced diagnostic testing in order to get an even better understanding of your problem so that we can provide you with safe and effective treatment recommendations.
- Diagnosis & Treatment Plan Recommendations
Based on information obtained from history-taking, physical examination findings, imaging results or blood test results (if applicable), we will determine our diagnosis as well as make recommendations regarding treatment plan options in accordance with best practices guidelines regarding safe & effective management approaches for specific conditions. In addition to discussing initial treatment plan recommendations, we may also recommend ideas on how to prevent further injury through lifestyle adjustments in nutrition, ergonomics and exercise habits
We offer a range of services, including:
- Spinal adjustments
- spinal adjustments are important for restoring the proper motion to spinal joints.
- spinal adjustment is fundamental to chiropractic care.
- the adjustment itself may be described as a high velocity low amplitude (HVLA) thrust.
- this is how we restore proper joint function and mobility.
- Spinal decompression (we use the Triton DTS system in our office) – the triton dts system is a sophisticated table that allows us to perform gentle decompression of spinal discs by carefully distracting or stretching the spine using computer controlled traction forces.
- this can take pressure off spinal nerves and alleviate disc bulges and herniation which may be responsible for pain, numbness, tingling or other symptoms such as weakness or difficulty standing on your heels. – this treatment is particularly effective for conditions such as sciatica or leg pain, arm pain, neck pain, degenerative disc disease, disc herniations and facet syndrome (including arthritis).
- Massage – massage therapy can help ease general aches and pains while assisting the body in healing following injury or surgery. by relieving tension in the muscles through manipulation and stretching it can also help prevent future injuries from occurring! * Rehabilitation – rehabilitation exercises are designed specifically for each individual patient’s needs with an emphasis on strengthening muscles that support proper posture alignment; thereby improving overall health status! * Exercise instruction – exercise instruction includes personalized recommendations based upon your current activity level; goals; physical condition including any limitations you may have due to age/health etc., with consideration given at all times so that any advice given will always accommodate those types of things too!! * Nutrition & lifestyle counseling – nutrition counseling includes everything from dietary recommendations through specific nutritional supplements based upon deficiencies found during testing like bloodwork analysis etc… which would need to be ordered after an initial consultation appointment if necessary!
When you choose Bangor Chiropractic, you will enjoy a variety of benefits to your health and well-being. Our experienced and knowledgeable staff is always ready to help you meet your wellness goals. We offer the following perks:
- Convenient Location: Bangor Chiropractic is centrally located for easy access.
- Free Parking: To make it more convenient for patients to schedule appointments, we offer free parking.
- Accepts Most Insurance Plans: Most of our patients will find their insurance plans accepted at Bangor Chiropractic.
- Variety of Payment Methods Accepted: Paying for services should not be a hassle, which is why we accept numerous methods of payment in addition to insurance.
- Many Services Offered: You can find many different types of pain relief treatments at Bangor Chiropractic, including massage therapy, corrective exercises, lifestyle advice, nutritional counseling, and spinal and postural screenings.
Bangor Chiropractic is committed to giving you the most comprehensive chiropractic care available, while also treating you with respect, dignity and compassion.
At Bangor Chiropractic, we are committed to giving you the most comprehensive chiropractic care available while also treating you with respect, dignity and compassion.
Our team of qualified professionals seeks to provide the highest quality of service possible. We understand that coming to see a chiropractor is an important decision in your life, and we want you to know that we will do everything possible to make sure your visit meets or exceeds your expectations.