Nursing students need to have a computer that’s easy to use, portable, and capable of handling various tasks. Here are the best laptops for nursing students in different price ranges.
Best Laptops For Nursing Students
1 Laptops vs. Desktops for Nursing Students
Laptops are more portable than desktops, but they’re also more expensive and fragile. If you tend to be rough on your belongings, it’s probably better to get a desktop computer.
Desktops keyboards can be replaced with ergonomic ones so that typing is easier on the hands. This helps prevent carpal tunnel syndrome and other hand injuries that nurses may encounter from repetitive movements caused by typing for long periods of time each day.
Since laptops don’t offer much room for upgrades like larger hard drives or new RAM modules, there’s little point in getting one if you plan on doing any serious gaming or video editing (two hobbies of many nursing students).
2 Best laptops for nursing students
The best laptops for nursing students are the ones that have the most RAM and a fast processor. The more RAM, the better your computer will run. The faster processor means you can use your laptop for things like coding and web development without having to wait an eternity as it processes. You’ll also want a nice big screen so you can see what’s going on without squinting or straining your eyes (especially if you’re in an area with less than ideal lighting).
The best laptops for nursing students under $1,000 are:
- Dell XPS 13 9370 (2019) – This laptop is great because it has 32GB of RAM, which allows me to work without any lag time while I’m typing up my notes or writing code. It also has an 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8565U CPU, which means my apps load quickly and don’t freeze up when I’m trying to run multiple programs at once (which happens often). Finally, because this laptop is only 0.59 inches thick and weighs 2 pounds 11 ounces it’s easy for me to carry around campus when I need access to my computer but don’t feel like carrying around my backpack all day long!
- Apple MacBook Pro 15-inch 2018 – This MacBook is another favorite among nursing students because it has 32GB of RAM as well — perfect if you need something powerful enough that won’t slow down during class activities but light enough that it won’t weigh down your bag too much either! Plus its display measures over 16 inches diagonally so there isn’t any need sacrifice viewing quality even though we’re talking about one of Apple’s older models here.”
3 Best laptop for nursing students under $1,000
The best laptops for nursing students under $1,000
Apple MacBook Pro 13-inch with Touch Bar (Core i5, 8GB RAM)
If you’re looking for a laptop that’ll last you through college and beyond, look no further. This powerful MacBook Pro is great if you’re an Apple fan who wants a laptop that can handle all your needs. Its 8th-gen Intel Core processor provides plenty of power for running multiple apps at once and its eight hours of battery life means you don’t have to worry about having it plugged in all day long (unless you want to). It comes with 16GB of RAM so it can run multiple programs at once without slowing down or crashing—and even has space for another 16 gigs if needed! If the price tag was too high for our other recommendations but this one still seems like too much money then consider checking out our full list of laptops under $1000 instead: https://www.abletechsolutionsincblog/best-laptops-for-nursing-students/.
4 Best laptop for nursing students under $800
Here’s a list of the best laptops for nursing students under $800:
- Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series 2-in-1 Laptop (starting at $699)
- ASUS ZenBook UX430UA 14 Inch Full HD Notebook PC, Intel Core i5 8th Gen Processor, 8GB RAM Memory, 256GB SSD Drive (Silver) (starting at $689.99)
- HP Pavilion x360 Convertible Touchscreen Laptop – 13.3″ FHD IPS Touchscreen Display, AMD Quad-core Processor A6-9220 Processor with Radeon R4 Graphics and Windows 10 Home 64 (starting at $599.99)
5 Best laptop for nursing students under $600
With a starting price of $499, the HP Stream 13.3-inch is an affordable laptop for nursing students. It has a decent build quality and its display is bright enough to use in brightly lit classrooms or clinical areas.
It’s also one of the first laptops we’ve seen that can run Chrome OS without any performance issues, which makes it perfect for nursing students who are looking for something low-cost but still have access to Google Play apps like Quizlet and Duolingo (great study tools!).
If you’re looking for something more powerful than the HP Stream, then check out our other picks below!
6 If you’re a nursing student and need a new computer, the following guide will point you in the right direction.
If you’re a nursing student and need a new computer, the following guide will point you in the right direction.
- Know your options: If you’re going to be using your laptop primarily for schoolwork, it’s best to have one with a sturdy keyboard and plenty of ports for connecting peripherals like mice and webcams (if applicable). A good processor is also important if you’ll be editing large files—you don’t want any delays when working on complicated documents or presentations!
- Don’t shy away from Windows-based laptops. Many people think that all PCs run Windows, but there are plenty of great Apple computers as well. The key is finding one that fits your needs and budget, whether that’s an iMac or MacBook Pro 15″ – 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Space Silver Aluminum Metal Laptop with Touch Bar!
We hope that this guide has helped you find the best laptop for nursing students. As you can see, there are many options available to you depending on what kind of budget you have and what features matter most. We encourage our readership to be mindful of these things before purchasing anything so that they can make informed decisions about which tech purchases are right for them!