best nursing schools for international students
best nursing schools for international students
Cherokee State University
Cherokee State University is a public institution that was founded in 1971. It has a total undergraduate enrollment of 9,875, its setting is urban, and the campus size is 140 acres. It utilizes a semester-based academic calendar. Cherokee State University’s ranking in the 2020 edition of Best Colleges is Regional Universities South, Tier 2. Its in-state tuition and fees are $6,432; out-of-state tuition and fees are $10,407.
- What can you do at Cherokee State University?
- Get an associate degree in nursing
- How much does it cost to go there?
- The school offers financial aid for students who qualify for it. You may be eligible for grants, work study programs and loans to help pay your tuition if you’re a U.S citizen or permanent resident with financial need. You’re automatically considered for merit scholarships when you apply to the school through www.csumobileapplicationsportal/applyhereifyouwanttobeanurseedu/iwillnevertellyouwhatyoushoulddoiwontdothat!edu/.
Creighton University, Nebraska
One of the top nursing schools in the country, Creighton University is a Jesuit Catholic university in Omaha, Nebraska. Founded in 1878 by Edward Creighton, this school offers nursing degrees at every level. Nursing students have the opportunity to participate in programs such as M.D./MBA and dual-degrees with other majors such as global business, education and theology. U.S. News & World Report rates Creighton’s graduate nursing program No. 36 among all graduate nursing programs nationwide and No. 45 among public schools for their online graduate nursing degrees for 2019
Emory University, Atlanta
Emory University is a private research university in Atlanta, Georgia. The university has excellent nursing career options for international students. Emory University is a world-class institution for the study of nursing. The university has an excellent reputation for its nursing program.
George Mason University
George Mason University is located in Fairfax, Virginia and has earned the #1 spot in the state’s nursing schools. It’s also ranked #5 for its baccalaureate programs, and #15 for its graduate programs.
The school offers four primary degree options at the undergraduate level: A Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), a Master of Science (MSN), a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) and a Ph.D. program.
It’s also worth noting that George Mason University has an extensive history of being military-friendly, with all three campuses having been designated as Military Friendly Schools by Victory Media since 2010. This may be especially relevant if you’re thinking about pursuing an advanced degree or joining ROTC while studying at George Mason University.
Georgia Southern University
- Ranking: Georgia Southern University is in the top 50% of universities in the world and the top 50% of universities in the USA.
- Location: Georgia Southern University is located in Statesboro, a town with a population of 31,000 residents. This friendly community can be found just an hour’s drive southwest of Savannah and three hours east of Atlanta.
- Size: The student body at Georgia Southern University consists of more than 26,000 students enrolled as undergraduates or graduates across nine colleges/schools that offer over 100 majors for bachelor’s degrees, master’s degrees and doctoral degrees.
- Cost: Tuition fees at Georgia Southern University start from $7,000 per semester for undergraduate students from out-of-state (who are not permanent residents or citizens) and cost around $8,500 per semester for graduate students outside Georgia.
- Programs available to international nursing students include Bachelor of Science (BSN), Master of Science (MSN) and Doctorate of Nursing Practice (DNP).
Maryville University of Saint Louis, Missouri
Oops! Click Regenerate Content below to try generating this section again.
New York University (NYU)
- NYU is one of the top global nursing schools, ranking tenth in the world for academic reputation. It also has one of the largest international student bodies, giving students a chance to collaborate with people from different countries and cultures as they learn.
- With an acceptance rate of 34%, NYU is moderately selective when choosing who to admit as a student. If you’re planning on applying to this school, make sure that your grades are up to par before submitting an application.
- NYU is located right in New York City and has a campus that lends itself well to exploring Manhattan or Brooklyn just by travelling a few blocks outside. Keep in mind that while spending your time at NYU learning nursing, there’s a lot to do around the city and opportunities abound for taking advantage of all it can offer you.
- Tuition at NYU costs about $48,000 per year (this may vary depending on how many credits you’re taking), making it relatively expensive compared with some of its competitors. This reflects the high quality education expected from such an esteemed university
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville (SIUE)
SIUE proudly boasts one of the strongest nursing programs in the country, and it’s not hard to see why. SIUE has great facilities and a broad selection of classes, which are taught by teachers that hold higher degrees in their respective fields. The student to teacher ratio is low, meaning you’ll have more access to professors who can help you with career planning. Sports are also an important aspect of college life at SIUE, as they’re played on tremendous fields. Baskets aren’t necessary when playing the softball or tennis teams—they’re just made for those who want to get involved with sports while studying. The job placement office can provide assistance with getting internships for graduates who want them; internship opportunities often start within a month of graduation from SIUE.
St. John’s University, Queens NY
St. John’s University is a private catholic university established in 1870 and located in Queens NY. St. John’s University offers a BSN, MSN and DNP in Nursing Informatics for international students. Tuition costs $20,000 per semester, with application deadlines falling on January 1st for the fall semester. Accommodation options include living on or off campus.
There are many great nursing schools for international students in the USA
In this table, we’ve created a list of the top 10 nursing schools for international students in the United States. We’ve also included links to each school’s programs so you can get more information about what they offer and how to apply.
When you decide where to go to school, there are many factors that you should take into consideration. The most important thing is that your university has a program that aligns with your goals as a student. After you choose which colleges you want to apply for, do your research about what it takes to get accepted. If a nursing school requires high scores on the SAT or TOEFL English test, make sure you study hard and get those scores up! Check out our other blog posts for more tips on how to prepare for these types of tests.