can i study nursing without physics and chemistry
Yes you can study nursing without Physics and Chemistry but for that, you need to pursue your B.Sc program in Nursing.
Yes, you can study nursing without Physics and Chemistry but for that, you need to pursue your B.Sc program in Nursing. The students who are not studying Science subjects (Physics and Chemistry) in their 12th standard class can also pursue nursing as a career option by completing their Bachelor of Science program in Nursing.
The minimum eligibility criteria for pursuing this course is the successful completion of 10+2/equivalent examination with an aggregate of 50% marks from a recognized board. The duration of this course is 3 years and since it is offered at graduation level, candidates must have completed 17 years at the time of admission.
After completing this degree program, the candidate will be able to practice as a registered nurse and work under medical practitioners or other healthcare professionals in hospitals, clinics, etc. At present, there is no dearth of job opportunities in nursing sector and interested candidates can also apply for jobs online on various job portals like Shine.com etc or visit hospital’s official website to check vacancies available therein directly.
There are certain nursing courses that you can do without these subjects.
While you cannot apply for B.Sc Nursing, BHMS, BAMS and DMNA without Physics and Chemistry, you can still apply for COAT. There are certain nursing courses that you can do without these subjects. And here is the list:
Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
Bachelor in Hospital Management System (BHMS)
Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (DMLT)
Diploma in X-Ray Technology (DXRT)
Certificate course in Health & Nutrition
You can opt for the following nursing courses:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS)
- Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
- Diploma in Nursing Management & Administration
- Certificate course in ophthalmic assistant training (COAT)
1.Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing is a three-year undergraduate programme that combines theoretical studies with practical elements to train students for the role of a registered nurse. Top Institutes for B.Sc. Nursing are
- Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi
- Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
- Christian Medical College, Vellore
- LTMMC & LTMGH, Mumbai
- KIMS – Karad Institute Of Medical Sciences (KIMS), Satara
2.Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS)
Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS) is a degree course in homeopathic medicine and surgery. Eligibility for the course is the 10+2 or an equivalent level examination in the science stream, preferably with Biology as one of the subjects. This course is approved by the Central Council of Homeopathy. BHMS graduates can practice independently anywhere in India once they register themselves with their state’s council of homeopathy and receive their license from them.
3.Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
A 5.5 year course, the basic eligibility for BAMS is 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as core subjects.
The fee structure for the course varies from one institute to another. The fees could range between Rs 15,000 to 1 lakh per month. An approximate estimate of the total cost is between 3 lakhs and 20 lakhs.
The career options in Ayurveda have been expanding rapidly over recent years and are not limited to a single profession only. There are ample job roles available in both public sector units and private organisations such as:
- Physician or Doctor
- Lecturer/Professor/Reader in Ayurvedic College or University
- Researcher in reputed institutes like CCRAS (Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences), NIPER (National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education & Research) etc.
- Private practice (as a Consultant)
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities: Manage your own clinic/pharmacy/hospital/wellness center etc.
A BAMS graduate can earn around Rs 25,000 – Rs 40,000 per month while working as an Assistant Professor with a government college and this amount can go up to Rs 2 lakhs per month if he/she is working with a private college under permanent service. In private practice (as consultants), they can easily earn up to Rs 50,000-Rs 80,000 per month while they can also make more than those amounts by becoming an entrepreneur running their own clinic/pharmacy etc..
4.Diploma in Nursing Management & Administration
- Diploma in Nursing Management & Administration: This program is for nurses who want to earn a promotion at the workplace. The course provides training in management, administration, and leadership with respect to nursing. For example, an LPN in a supervisory role might pursue this course to further his/her knowledge of the field.
What is taught?
- Nursing Theory and Practice-Nursing Administration & Management-Legal Aspects of Nursing-Nutrition and Dietetics-Business Communication -International Health Issues
5.Certificate course in ophthalmic assistant training (COAT)
COAT is a 1-year certificate course offered by the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS). It’s approved by the Indian Nursing Council and is ideal for those looking to pursue a career in nursing.
If you are not interested in doing Physics and Chemistry at 10+2 level, then you can pursue the above-mentioned courses post 12th
In this article, we will talk about the courses that you can pursue if you are not interested in doing Physics and Chemistry at 10+2 level. So, before jumping to the courses that can be pursued without Physics and Chemistry at 10+2 level, let us first check out what are the career prospects of each of these courses.
Bachelor of Business Management [BBM]
Bachelor of Computer Applications [BCA]
Admission to BCA course is based on the merit secured by an aspirant in their 12th or equivalent examination. The candidate should have passed 12th with mathematics as a mandatory subject. Some colleges also conduct entrance exam for admission to BCA program. You can check out some of the top BCA entrance exams here. Also, if you are looking for colleges which offer this course then click here.