Careers University Of Miami Hospital
Miami, FL 33136
The following positions are currently listed at the University of Miami Hospital, located in Miami, FL. The listings include all open positions at UM Hospital as well as job openings from affiliated institutions.
Currently listed job openings
- Nurse Manager/Nurse Supervisor (RN) – Critical Care – UM Hospital
- Medical Technologist (MT) – Microbiology, Full Time, Nights
- Ultrasound Technologist – Maternal Fetal Medicine Heart Program
– Nurse Manager/Nurse Supervisor (RN) – Critical Care – UM Hospital
Nurse Manager/Nurse Supervisor (RN) – Critical Care
As a Nurse Manager/Nurse Supervisor, you will be responsible for managing and leading the activities of our clinical staff to ensure that patient care needs are met. You must be able to establish goals, develop policies and procedures in collaboration with the hospital administration and provide direction, support, evaluation and supervision of all direct care personnel (both RNs & LPNs). You will also provide leadership in developing systems that support quality improvement initiatives including but not limited to: patient satisfaction metrics; evidence based practice; performance improvement plans related to workflow efficiencies; infection control standards; discharge planning processes as well as other related projects as assigned by management.
In addition to being an expert clinician who demonstrates exceptional skills in critical thinking while maintaining high levels of clinical acumen at all times while providing excellent customer service at every interaction with patients or their families / caregivers regardless how challenging it may be at times. This position requires strong knowledge of nursing practice guidelines contained within standard reference texts such as The Merck Manuals Online Library which must be used daily for decision making regarding diagnostic laboratory tests ordered by physicians or other clinicians on behalf of their patients’ medical problems.”
– Medical Technologist (MT) – Microbiology, Full Time, Nights
Medical Technologist (MT) – Microbiology, Full Time, Nights
As a Medical Technologist you will:
Perform a wide range of microbiology tests and procedures to diagnose disease and monitor the health of patients. Work under the supervision of a physician and often work in hospitals, clinics or private laboratories.
– Ultrasound Technologist – Maternal Fetal Medicine Heart Program
The Maternal Fetal Medicine Heart Program at the University of Miami Health System is seeking a full-time ultrasound technologist who will be responsible for performing and processing obstetric ultrasounds. This position is required to work closely with physicians and nursing staff in order to provide quality care and patient education. The individual in this role must have a minimum of one year’s experience in obstetric ultrasound, excellent communication skills, strong attention to detail and computer literacy. The candidate must also possess NRP certification by American Heart Association (AHA).
In addition to working closely with other staff members, applicants should expect to spend time educating patients about fetal development using two-dimensional (2D) as well as three-dimensional (3D) ultrasound images. Applicants should hold a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; however, IVS certification may substitute for some educational requirements if the applicant has relevant 1-2 years’ experience working as an Ultrasound Technologist in Obstetrics/Gynecology field.
– Registered Nurse (RN) – Resource Pool, Part Time, Days & Nights
As a Registered Nurse (RN), you will provide direct and indirect nursing care to patients with acute, chronic, or complex medical conditions such as diabetes, heart disease and cancer. You will also educate patients and family members in home health care techniques.
The University of Miami Hospital is seeking Part Time Registered Nurses to join their Resource Pool. Days/Nights available.
– Clinical Research Coordinator I
A Clinical Research Coordinator I coordinates and conducts clinical trials. The position requires the individual to coordinate study staff and assist in the development of research protocols. The Clinical Research Coordinator I also prepares and submits study reports, assists in the development of new research protocols, assists in the development of study protocols and participates in inter-departmental meetings as needed.
– Patient Care Technician – Surgical Services, Full Time, Days & Evenings
Patient Care Technician – Surgical Services, Full Time, Days & Evenings
- Under the general supervision of a Registered Nurse and/or Medical Assistant, performs a variety of tasks related to patient care and ancillary services in the Operating Room. Performs duties as described under Nursing Assistant: Patient Care Technician I – Surgery. Works under close observation by a Health Care Professional. The employee may be required to perform duties outside normal working hours or on weekends as needed by the department or facility.
- Maintains supplies for delivery to patients during surgical procedures; prepares surgical instruments for use; assists with room setup, equipment maintenance and sterilization; assists surgeons with their pre-op preparations; prepares drugs according to specified directions; maintains anesthesia equipment while anesthesia is being administered by nurses or physicians in charge of anesthesia during surgery; monitors vital signs (blood pressure readings) before administering medication or during surgery when it has been ordered that vital signs be monitored continuously by someone other than nurse/physician technician responsible for administering anesthesia (for example: cardiac arrest); collects specimens from patients undergoing diagnostic or therapeutic procedures which require specimens collected for analysis at off-site laboratories (for example: urine cultures); records pertinent data regarding each procedure performed throughout shift within designated record book(s).
– Patient Transporter/Escort (Non EMT), Part Time, Nights
Patient Transporter/Escort (Non EMT), Part Time, Nights
- Provide safe transportation for patients in and around the hospital.
- Transport patients to and from treatment, their rooms, the hospital and other locations as required by their doctor’s orders or as directed by a supervisor.
- Transport patients from one location to another.
- Assist patients in getting into wheelchairs and gurneys if necessary.
– Clinical Research Coordinator I – Retina Service at Bascom Palmer Eye Institute
The Clinical Research Coordinator I will perform multi-faceted, complex and diverse research coordination duties in support of clinical trials. The individual will be responsible for assisting in all aspects of the study management process including: pre-study planning, site selection/recruitment and oversight, study initiation and follow-up procedures. This position requires outstanding ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with other departments throughout the organization; excellent organizational skills; problem solving abilities; ability to process large amounts of information accurately and efficiently; detail oriented with superior attention to quality standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in science or related field (Master’s degree preferred)
- Minimum 2 years experience working on clinical research projects in a medical setting or related field
- Strong interpersonal communication skills required since this individual will interface directly with subjects and various levels of personnel involved in research activities
As you can see, there are many opportunities to work at UM Hospital. The hospital is a leader in healthcare, and we are proud to provide our services to the people of Miami-Dade County. If you’re interested in joining our team, check out the jobs listed above and apply today!