clayton state university scholarships
A $1,000 scholarship is available to a senior at Morrow High School.
The Clayton State University Foundation offers a $1,000 scholarship for senior students at Morrow High School. Students who wish to apply must have a minimum grade point average of 3.5 and must be active in their community and show financial need. Students who wish to apply must also submit a 500-word essay on why they want to attend Clayton State University by March 15 each year.
A $1,500 scholarship is awarded to a graduating student at Liberty Middle/High School in Clayton County.
You will be eligible for this scholarship if you are a graduating senior at Liberty Middle/High School in Clayton County. You must also have been accepted to Clayton State University and have a minimum 3.0 GPA. In addition, you must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident with proof of eligibility.
A $2,000 scholarship is available to a graduating student at Mundy’s Mill High School.
To qualify for this award, you must be:
- a graduating student at Mundy’s Mill High School in Jonesboro, Georgia.
- attending Clayton State University.
Five scholarships are offered each year to students at Morrow High School.
Morrow High School Scholarship
- awarded to Morrow High School students
- June 1st, 2016 deadline for applications (June 2nd for the following year)
- Applications are available from the Morrow High School guidance office and must be submitted to the Clayton State University Admissions Office. A recommendation form by a high school counselor or administrator is also required.
- Recipients will have demonstrated financial need and academic achievement.
A $2,500 scholarship is awarded to an African American male currently attending or accepted into Clayton State University who has a minimum 3.0 GPA.
This $2,500 award is available to African American males who are attending or have been accepted into Clayton State University. Recipients must be enrolled full time and must have at least 24 hours of credit at Clayton State University. Students must have a minimum GPA of 2.5.
The following are the basic requirements for eligibility:
- You should be an African American male
- You should have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- You should be currently attending or accepted into Clayton State University
A $3,500 scholarship is awarded annually for students attending Clayton State University who have had experience as a member of the Georgia National Guard.
This scholarship is open to students attending Clayton State University who have had experience as a member of the Georgia National Guard. The amount of this award is $3,500 annually. This scholarship is not restricted to specific degree programs and is awarded contingent upon availability of funding.
In order to be eligible, you must:
- Be a full-time student at Clayton State University
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA from their high school or college
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA at Clayton State University
- Be a resident of the state of Georgia for tuition purposes for at least one year prior to application
Four (4) Bergen scholarships of $5,000 each are available for UGA students from Fulton County entering their junior or senior year during the next academic year and meeting all required qualifications.
- You must be a University of Georgia student.
- You must be from Fulton County or have graduated from a high school in Fulton County, Georgia.
- You must be entering your junior or senior year during the next academic year at the University of Georgia and meet all required qualifications for this scholarship.
- You must have a 3.0 GPA or higher.
Anyone can apply for these scholarships!
When filling out the application for this award, you’ll need to provide a few pieces of information about yourself. Clayton State University asks for your name, address, phone number, email address and social security number. You’ll also need to furnish your high school information: graduation year, GPA and SAT or ACT scores. If you’re currently in college, you’ll have to provide transcripts from all colleges attended.
Other basic requirements are fairly standard across most scholarship programs: you must be a United States citizen and you must be enrolled as a full-time student at Clayton State University when the award is disbursed. In addition to these standard requirements, there are some other criteria specific to this scholarship worth mentioning. For example, applicants must maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA while attending Clayton State University in order to continue receiving their award each semester during their sophomore year (and beyond). Applicants should also note that they may be considered for other scholarships offered by Clayton State University if they don’t receive the exemption scholarship they applied for initially (these additional scholarships would not affect their eligibility for the exemption scholarship).