cna classes wichita
A Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) is a member of the nursing staff who offers patient care and support to the patients. The CNA works under the direct supervision of a certified nurse and reports the patient’s condition to them.
The CNA is responsible for providing the highest level of patient care. The duties of a cna include, but not limited to:
- Assist patients and their families with eating, bathing, dressing, and getting in and out of bed
- Provide proper nutrition for patients by maintaining a regular schedule of meals throughout the day
- Assist with moving from place to place within the facility whether it be from an examination room to the bathroom or from one room to another
- Assist patients with personal hygiene by washing hands frequently, changing dressings when necessary, applying lotions where appropriate and doing general grooming such as shaving or hair cuts on request if needed
- Record patient’s condition in a daily log book whenever possible so that nurses will be aware of any changes in health status
It is essential for candidates to complete a certification program approved by the state in which they wish to work.
Careers as certified nursing assistants are growing rapidly. If you want to join this exciting career field, you will need to complete a post-secondary certification program approved by the state in which you would like to work. For example, here is a list of requirements in Kansas.
- Each CNA training program must be at least 75 hours long, including a minimum of 16 hours of clinical training.
- CNA training programs must include instruction in basic care skills, basic nursing skills and basic restorative services that includes:
- 8 hours of infection control
- 8 hours of resident rights
- 8 hours of abuse and neglect (including recognizing and reporting)
The Nurse Aide Certification Programs are offered by high schools, vocational centers, community colleges, private career institutes and health care systems.
You’ll find a lot of CNA classes in Wichita, Kansas. Check out our directory of CNA schools below to get more information on the courses and programs offered in Wichita, KS.
We have collected the list of agencies that were approved by the state for offering Certified Nursing Assistant training programs in Wichita, Kansas:
- Area Technical School; 944 S Olive St., Wichita, KS 67211; 316-973-4100
- Via Christi Center for Health Care Education; 317 South Market Street, Suite 200 Wichita, KS 67202; 316-858-3333 or 1-877-VIA-CHRISTI (842-2477)
- Maize High School Nurse Aide Program; 601 North Maize Road • Maize, KS 67101; 316 729 4200
It is important that you choose an institute that offers good quality training programs and has high standards of curriculum.
If you are looking for CNA classes, it is important that you choose an institute that offers good quality training programs and has high standards of curriculum. The schools have to be approved by the State Government for providing such courses. A good classroom program will typically offer 100 hours of classroom study and a minimum of 200 hours of clinical practice. In some states, the amount of clinical study can run up to 1,000 hours as well.
Online training programs are also becoming popular these days and in this case, you will have to spend anywhere between 12 weeks and 26 weeks on your studies. These programs are more flexible because they allow you to take CNA classes each time it suits your schedule – whether it is during the day or at night.