Colleges That Accept Citizens’ High School Diplomas
If you have a Citizens High School Diploma, you may be able to attend college with in-state tuition (in most cases). This list represents some of the most selective colleges that will consider your high school diploma.
Harvard University is a private Ivy League university located in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Established in 1636, Harvard is the oldest institution of higher learning in the United States and it is also the country’s oldest corporation. The school has the largest academic library in the world and was named after Protestant clergyman John Harvard who left his estate to establish a school for Native Americans to learn English and Christianity.
Yale University is a private Ivy League research university located in New Haven, Connecticut. Yale was founded in 1701 as the Collegiate School, making it the third-oldest institution of higher education in the United States.
Though Yale does not currently have a dual enrollment program for high school students, it does offer special programs for students who have already completed their secondary education and are looking to continue their studies at an undergraduate level.
Duke University is a private research university located in Durham, North Carolina, United States. The school’s undergraduate program is the most selective in the United States with an acceptance rate of 5%. Duke also has a medical school and law school but most students attend Duke for its highly ranked business and engineering schools.
Duke is also very well known for its basketball program, which has won multiple NCAA Championships over the years.
Georgetown University is a private research university in the Georgetown neighborhood of Washington, D.C. It was founded by Jesuits in 1789 and named after the Scottish school where many American Catholics studied in the 18th century. The undergraduate program is highly selective and competitive, with an acceptance rate of just under 20%.
Georgetown’s main campus is located on a hill overlooking neighborhood restaurants and shops in downtown Washington, DC’s Dupont Circle area.
- Stanford University is a private research university in Stanford, California in the United States.
- It was founded in 1891 by Leland and Jane Stanford, dedicated to promoting academic excellence and pioneering research of paramount importance.
- The university is located on an 8,180-acre (3,310 ha) campus near Palo Alto California; it operates on a quarter calendar system with Autumn quarter beginning after Labor Day and ending before Christmas; Winter quarter from mid-January to early March; Spring quarter from early March to late June; and Summer quarter from late June until early September.
- Dartmouth College is a private Ivy League research university in Hanover, New Hampshire, United States. Founded in 1769 by Eleazar Wheelock, it is the ninth-oldest institution of higher education in the United States.
- Dartmouth College is located on a campus occupying much of the town of Hanover and, less than one mile (1 km) east of downtown Hanover. The college’s property encompasses nearly 50 percent of the town’s area and includes over 1,500 acres (6 km²), 14 buildings housing 12 academic departments with a student body numbering about 6,300; each year about 1,000 new students are admitted.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
MIT is a private research university located in Cambridge, Massachusetts. It has a strong focus on research and offers bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees through its schools and departments. MIT’s reputation for being hard to get into may come as no surprise since it is one of the most selective universities in the world. The acceptance rate hovers around 9 percent, making it difficult for students who do not have an amazing academic record (which includes high scores on standardized tests) to gain admittance.
California Institute of Technology (Caltech)
Caltech (California Institute of Technology) is a private research university located in Pasadena, California. Caltech has four undergraduate and graduate divisions with strong emphasis on science and engineering. Caltech is one of the most prestigious universities in the world. It has been ranked among the top 10 universities in the United States by U.S. News & World Report every year since that ranking began.
Caltech’s acceptance rate is 6%, making it more selective than Harvard University, Princeton University, Yale University, Columbia University or Stanford University according to US News & World Report 2018 rankings for national universities by regionally accredited public/private colleges based upon postsecondary institution enrollment size.*
University of Pennsylvania
- University of Pennsylvania (commonly referred to as Penn or UPenn) is a private Ivy League research university located in the University City neighborhood of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States. Penn’s main campus is easily accessible by Amtrak and SEPTA rail services, with an average commute time of about 23 minutes from Center City Philadelphia. The university has been ranked as one of the most academically selective universities in America and yet also produces students who are among the world’s leaders in innovation and entrepreneurship .
- University of Pennsylvania is one of the nine Colonial Colleges founded before the American Revolution. It was established on February 6th 1740 by Benjamin Franklin who had attended Oxford University under a scholarship from Governor Sir William Keith . One must note that this college was not an ordinary school but rather a place where students learned advanced skills such as mathematics and philosophy; they also practiced speaking other languages such as Latin which were considered essential for future leaders .
These are some colleges that will accept your Citizens High School Diploma.
- These are some colleges that will accept your Citizens High School Diploma.
- These are some colleges that will accept your Citizens High School Diploma and what they require.
- This is a list of colleges that will accept your Citizens High School Diploma and what they don’t require.
We hope that this post helps you in your search for colleges that will accept your Citizens High School Diploma. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. We are here to help!