Social work is a field that helps people who are struggling with mental illness, addiction, or other difficulties. If you’re passionate about helping people in need and want to make a difference in their lives, then consider pursuing a degree program in social work.
Colleges That Have Social Worker Programs
1 Andrews University
Andrews University is a Christian university located in Berrien Springs, Michigan. The school offers an MSW program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
2 Appalachian State University
Appalachian State University is located in Boone, North Carolina. The university has a student body of over 20,000 students.
The social work program at Appalachian State University offers both undergraduate and graduate degrees in the field of social work. The PhD program is offered to students who have previously earned their Master of Social Work (MSW) from Appalachian State or another accredited institution. The MSW program has been awarded accreditation by the Council on Social Work Education since 2007 and as such, graduates from this program are eligible to sit for the National Association of Social Workers (NASW) social worker licensing exam in order to become licensed professionals in their state.
The school’s faculty includes highly regarded experts with many years experience working inside government agencies such as child welfare services and community mental health organizations like those that provide care for veterans returning home after serving overseas during wartime operations overseas like Iraq or Afghanistan where they may have been exposed traumatic events such as combat situations where civilians were killed by bombs dropped onto residential areas by planes flown overhead by pilots who never saw them due
3 Boise State University
Boise State University offers a Master of Social Work program that is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education. The program is offered in an online format and can be completed in two years. Students who enroll in Boise State’s online MSW program will complete their coursework in cohorts (groups). Candidates for this degree are required to complete an internship during their final semester of study, which helps students gain practical experience prior to starting careers in social work.
The university also offers an MSW program with a concentration on Military and Veteran Health Practice as well as one with a concentration on Children, Youth & Families Practice.
4 Boston College
Boston College offers a MSW program, which is great for students who want to pursue higher education in social work. Boston College is a private research university located in Boston, Massachusetts. It was established in 1863 by the Society of Jesus and it’s one of the eight regional universities that make up the Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities.
Boston College has a beautiful campus with stately buildings and green lawns. Students can enjoy multiple recreational facilities such as tennis courts, swimming pools etc.
5 Boston University
Boston University is a private research university located in Boston, Massachusetts. It was founded in 1839 as the Boston University School of Theology and became a secular institution in 1849. The current school of law was formed by merging total five schools: BU’s law school and the New England School of Law (NESL), which merged into the university in 1954; three other NESL campuses—the Maine School of Law, Vermont Law School, and Western New England College School of Law—became part of Boston University later on. As a member institution of the State University System of Ohio under state law, but not under its control, it has been one of several dozen public universities that have been given authority to award degrees from their state’s higher education system since 1959 when Governor Michael DiSalle signed an executive order creating such institutions across Ohio.
The university has seven academic units: The Schools for Medicine; Nursing & Health Studies; Dental Medicine; Social Work; Arts & Sciences; Engineering & Applied Sciences; Management; Education (including multiple divisions); The Graduate School
6 California State University
- California State University, San Bernardino
- California State University, Fullerton
- California State University, Long Beach
- California State University, Los Angeles
- California State University, San Marcos
- San Francisco State University
7 Case Western Reserve Univeristy
The Master of Social Work program at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio is available online. The school offers five concentrations: Clinical Mental Health; Child Welfare; Social Work with Communities; and Social Work with Individuals and Families. It also offers a dual degree program for students who wish to earn an MA in Organizational Management and Leadership while completing the MSW curriculum.
Students enrolled within the school’s online program will receive services from the same staff as on-campus students do, which includes advising by professionals who are licensed social workers. The university also has its own virtual learning center where students can access their course materials 24/7, making it easy to access lectures or other resources at any time that works best for them
8 Central Michigan University
Social work programs at Central Michigan University are available at both the graduate and undergraduate level.
The Master of Social Work (MSW) program is available to students who have completed an undergraduate degree in another field, while students who already have an undergraduate degree in social work can choose from one of three tracks: Clinical Social Work, Community Practice, or Social Justice. The MSW is a 60-credit intensive program that focuses on clinical practice with individuals, families and groups; community practice; advocacy for vulnerable populations; teaching undergraduates about social work; research methods for applying knowledge to solve complex problems; public policy analysis using theories from psychology and sociology to predict outcomes; understanding how people can help themselves when they are unable to get help from others due to age discrimination laws preventing them from working full time jobs without losing vital benefits like Medicare Part D insurance coverage which helps pay for prescription drugs needed daily by some seniors living independently but unable to afford restorative procedures like hearing aids due primarily because they don’t have adequate savings accounts set aside specifically for medical expenses incurred throughout life’s journey thus making them ineligible under Medicaid criteria even though they’re low income earners living paycheck-to-paycheck trying hard every day just like everyone else so please sign this petition now!
9 Cheyney University of Pennsylvania (has a post-master’s certificate program)
Cheyney University of Pennsylvania (has a post-master’s certificate program)
School Website: https://www.cheyney.edu/social-work/
Program Website: http://www.cheyney.edu/academics/academic_degrees_and_programs/social_work___msw_.html?gclid=CMj4KxO5PcICFQPe4AodXoM9jA
10 Concordia University Wisconsin (has an online MSW program)
If you’re looking for an online MSW program, Concordia University Wisconsin (CUW) is a good option. CUW is a private co-educational university that opened in 1854. It offers 40 undergraduate majors and programs, several graduate degrees and two doctoral degrees.
The master of social work program at this school provides students with the chance to gain skills in direct practice, advocacy and research. Students can choose to study either full-time or part-time through the program’s flexible schedule options.
11 East Carolina University (has an online MSW program)
If you are interested in pursuing a MSW online, there are several accredited programs to choose from. Among these is the program at East Carolina University, which has been accredited by the Council on Social Work Education since 1989. The degree can be earned at either of its two campuses: Greenville, NC and Coastal Carolina (in Fayetteville). It was designed to give students an opportunity for hands-on experience and clinical training during their program. In addition to its clinical focus, it also offers coursework that focuses on families or gerontology specifically.
12 East Tennessee State University (has an online MSW program)
East Tennessee State University offers a Master of Social Work online program for students who want to work in a specific area of social work. The program is designed for working professionals, and it’s accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
13 Florida International University (has an online MSW program)
- Location: The Miami-Dade Campus of FIU is located in Miami, Florida.
- Program Offered: The School of Social Work offers the MSW program online.
- Tuition Costs: The cost of tuition for the online MSW program at FIU is $429 per credit hour and $3,066 per semester hour (two semesters) or $6,132 for an entire year’s worth of classes. This amount does not include fees or any other costs associated with attending a university.
- Admission Requirements: Admission into the Master’s Degree program requires an undergraduate degree from a four-year institution; GPA greater than 2.5; and competency in English language skills as demonstrated through TOEFL or IELTS test scores if you are not a native speaker of English (official copies must be provided before enrollment). In addition to these requirements, students must submit official transcripts from all colleges attended along with personal statements explaining why they want to pursue social work as well as personal biographies containing information about past experiences working as volunteers or professionals within their field(s).
- Application Deadline: Applications are accepted throughout each academic year beginning August 1st up until December 15th annually; however there may be additional application deadlines depending on when classes begin so it would be wise to apply early! You can apply online at https://miaonlineantswmswapplstrailsandtrailskymamiadeadatabaseapplication/loginpage?ReturnUrl=/miaonlineantswmswapplstrailswalktrailskymamidadeadatabaseapplication/userprofilepage?ReturnUrl=https://miaonlineantswmswalktrailsskymamidadeadatabaseapplication/. If you would rather print out an application then visit http://wwwdoeacademicaffairs/socialworkmasterprograms/applynowformastersprogram/.
14 Florida State University (has an online MSW program)
Florida State University offers an online MSW program in social work. The program is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE), and it’s designed for students who want to work in Florida. The curriculum covers the following topics:
- Social welfare policy and services
- Human behavior, growth and development, families and groups
- Social work practice with individuals, groups and communities
15 George Mason University (offers a clinical concentration for its advanced standing program)
George Mason University (offers a clinical concentration for its advanced standing program)
This school offers an online MSW program, post-master’s certificate program and a master’s of social work program. It also has a doctorate of social work program.
16 There are many schools that offer social work programs.
Some of the schools that offer social work programs include:
- New York University School of Social Work
- The University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine
- Boston College Graduate School of Arts and Sciences – Department of Social Work
- The University at Albany, State University of New York, Department of Social Welfare (SUNY) offers a Master’s degree in social work online through the Clinical Social Work program.
- The University at Albany’s online MSW program is designed for working professionals who want to advance their careers as licensed clinical mental health professionals.
We hope that this list has been helpful for you to find the right school for your social work degree. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org