Colleges That Offer Human Resources Degrees
A degree in human resources prepares students to work in organizations and help them operate efficiently. Human resource management is a field that focuses on finding, training, and retaining the right employees for an organization. The job duties of human resource managers vary greatly depending on their role within an organization. However, they often include developing policies and procedures that promote effectiveness as well as helping to hire new staff members who fit into company culture. If you’re interested in becoming a human resource manager or looking for other types of career opportunities within this industry, here are some colleges with excellent programs:
University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) is a public university in New York State that was founded in 1846. UB is also a member of the State University of New York (SUNY) system and ranked #64 on Forbes’ list of top colleges in America. In addition, UB’s School of Management received accreditation from AACSB International—The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. The School offers both undergraduate and graduate degrees in the fields of business administration, accounting, finance, marketing and management information systems among several others.
Florida International University
- Location: Miami
- Year founded: 1972
- Number of students: over 36,000
- Number of faculty: 1,520 (as of 2017)
- Number of programs offered: 40+ undergraduate and graduate degrees, including an MBA in International Business with specializations in China and Latin America.
- Degrees offered: Bachelor’s degrees in business administration, accounting or finance; certificates in human resource management or organizational development; master’s degrees in international human resources management or global leadership; Ph.D.’s in business administration
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign is a public university located in Champaign, IL. It is an urban campus that offers the following programs:
- Bachelor’s degrees, Master’s degrees, and Doctoral degrees.
- Business Administration & Management
- Criminal Justice & Legal Studies
- Human Resources Management
University of Southern California
The University of Southern California is one of the most reputable universities in the world. It was founded in 1880 by a group of educators and businessmen in Los Angeles who wanted to create a private university that offered all levels of education from kindergarten through graduate study, as well as professional training programs. Over time, they have established several different colleges within their campus such as the USC School of Pharmacy, USC Viterbi School of Engineering and USC Rossier School for Education Studies.
USC has long been known for providing top-notch human resources education programs with advanced technology facilities, excellent faculty members and a strong alumni network. This makes it an ideal place to begin your career in HR or continue furthering your education if you want to pursue other ways of using your skillset outside academia (such as working at an international corporation).
Pepperdine University is located in Malibu, California and is a private university. It has a diverse student body with over 3,000 international students from over 100 countries attending the school. The school was founded by the Churches of Christ and affiliated with that religion until 2001 when it became independent. Pepperdine currently has 15 schools and colleges on campus including two medical schools: Graziadio Business School and School of Law. It also has graduate programs such as Master’s Degrees in Business Administration (MBA), Education Leadership & Higher Education Management; Master’s Degrees in Clinical Psychology; Criminal Justice – Forensic Psychology (MS); Criminal Justice – Non-Profit Management; Human Resources Management (MS) along with many others offered at their Graduate School of Education & Psychology (GSEP).
George Washington University
George Washington University is a private, nonsectarian, research university located in Washington, D.C. The school has a student body of 20,000 students, who represent 130 countries and all 50 states.
The university has received high rankings from several sources including U.S News & World Report (ranked as one of the top universities in the world), Forbes magazine (ranked 7th best college for veterans) and Academic Ranking of World Universities (ranked as one of highest research-focused colleges).
Carnegie Mellon University
- Carnegie Mellon University is a private research university in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- The university has a strong emphasis on science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) education and research.
- Carnegie Mellon University has a strong focus on interdisciplinary education.
University of Pennsylvania
The University of Pennsylvania offers a Master of Science in Human Resources Management, as well as a Ph.D. in Organizational Leadership. The MSHRM program is designed to provide students with the technical knowledge and skills needed to successfully lead human resource management within their organizations. The curriculum focuses on contemporary issues facing today’s organizations such as compensation and benefits, employee relations, talent management, organizational development and performance management. Students complete coursework covering topics like leadership and change management; diversity; employment law; organizational culture; strategic planning for HRM programs; integrated learning systems (ILS); global best practices in HRM; measuring HR effectiveness & innovation through metrics & analytics methods research projects like capstone project that allows you work on real world problems from some of Philadelphia’s top employers like Comcast or PECO Energy Company
Virginia Tech offers a bachelor’s degree in human resources management, as well as both a master’s degree and doctorate in the same field. The university was ranked by Forbes as having one of the top 10 best online graduate programs in business administration.
- Syracuse University is a private university located in Syracuse, New York.
- Syracuse University offers a Bachelor of Science in Human Resources to undergraduate students and a Master of Science in Human Resources to graduate students.
Schools can prepare you for a career in human resources.
If you’re interested in pursuing a career in human resources, there are a number of schools that offer degrees and certificates in the subject matter. Here’s a look at some of the best colleges for this field:
- University at Albany: The Department of Human Resource Management provides its students with one Bachelor of Science degree option and two Bachelor of Arts degree options. These programs include an internship component that allows students to gain hands-on experience within their field.
- University of Central Florida: The College of Education offers several options for those seeking a bachelor’s degree in human resource management. Students can choose from traditional on-campus classes or an online version that provides flexible scheduling options while allowing students to complete their coursework without having to travel very far from home.
If you’re looking for a career with opportunities to grow, the field of human resources offers many options. There is no one path to becoming an HR professional; there are many routes into this field and many ways to specialize in it. Whether you’re interested in working for a big company or want to start your own business, there’s plenty of room for advancement within this field. And as technology continues evolving at an exponential rate, it’s becoming increasingly important that companies have people who understand how their products affect society at large—thus giving rise to careers like yours!