Colleges That Offer Online Accounting Degrees
When you’re looking for an accounting degree program, it’s important to consider the type of school that offers it. If you want a traditional college experience, then a brick-and-mortar school might be best for you. However, if you’re looking for an online accounting degree that allows you to balance your life with your studies and other commitments, then you’ll probably want to choose one of these schools instead!
Strayer University is a private, nonprofit institution that offers undergraduate and graduate degrees. The university has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report as one of the top online colleges in the country, and offers both an online Bachelor of Science in Accounting program and an online Master of Science in Accounting program.
The university boasts that its programs are “designed to meet the needs of those who need flexibility while they work full time or raise families.”
Capella University offers an online Bachelor of Science in Accounting degree, which can be completed entirely on Capella’s website. The program is designed to provide students with the skills they need to work in a variety of accounting fields, including public accounting and corporate finance. Students will learn how to handle financial statements and other important documents related to business practices, as well as how to use software programs such as Excel and SPSS for statistical analysis. Other topics covered include fraud detection techniques as well as ethics and law in the field of accounting.
According to Best Colleges Online (BCO), Capella University was founded in 1993 by Richard Wold Johnson II who wanted “to create an educational experience that would maximize student learning.” Since then it has grown into one of the largest online universities in North America with over 70 campuses across eight countries offering degrees from associate’s through doctorate level programs which are accredited by both The Higher Learning Commission & Middle States Commission on Higher Education
Colorado Technical University
The online Bachelor of Science in Accounting degree program at Colorado Technical University is designed for working adults who want to advance their career through an accredited, affordable, and convenient online accounting degree. The program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) and certified by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE).
- Kaplan University is a for-profit, online university.
- Kaplan University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC), one of six regional accrediting bodies recognized by the US Department of Education. HLC accreditation means that Kaplan University meets or exceeds the standards that ensure quality higher education institutions. In addition to being regionally accredited, Kaplan University also holds national accreditation from two other agencies: Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) and National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC).
- The Bachelor of Science in Accounting at Kaplan University can be completed entirely online or through a combination of on-campus and distance learning courses; it consists of 120 credits over 60 months. Students who complete all requirements will receive their degrees upon completion of all coursework, rather than having to wait until graduation ceremonies like many brick-and-mortar universities require.
Baker College Online
Baker College Online offers a Bachelor of Science degree in accounting. Students graduating from the program will be prepared for careers in public accounting, government and not-for-profit organizations. Baker College Online has a tuition of $7,500 per year and can be completed in two years.
Baker College Online offers a 100% tuition guarantee that allows students to attend the school without paying any upfront costs or deposits if they are unsuccessful at finding employment within six months after graduation.
Students who enroll with the school have access to career services including resume writing assistance, interview coaching and job placement assistance. The student population is over 20,000 students from all over the United States as well as other countries around the world such as India and China..
- Keiser University is a private, nonprofit university with campuses in Florida, Georgia and online.
- Keiser offers online programs including an accounting degree program. The school requires students to take a minimum of 12 credits per semester to graduate within four years.
- The university is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- The school has an online student-to-faculty ratio of 20:1.
Liberty University Online
- Liberty University is a private, non-profit university located in Lynchburg, Virginia. Established in 1971, the school offers over 100 bachelor’s degrees and over 50 master’s degrees as well as doctoral programs.
- The accounting program at Liberty University Online (LOU) is offered through its School of Business. In addition to the bachelor’s degree in accounting, LOU also offers a master’s degree and doctorate in accounting. There’s also an online certificate program available with specialization tracks such as corporate financial reporting or auditing & assurance services.
Consider these colleges for an online accounting degree
If you’re looking for an online accounting degree, consider these colleges:
As you can see, there are many excellent online accounting degrees to consider. Before choosing a college, it’s important to do your research and find one that best fits your needs. It is also important to verify that the program has been accredited by an agency approved by the U.S. Department of Education (ED). If you’re interested in becoming an accountant, consider one of these schools for their online programs!