There are a number of colleges in Georgia that offer degrees in psychology. If you’re looking to study the mind and behavior, these schools may be the perfect place for you.
Colleges That Offer Psychology In Georgia
1 Piedmont College
Piedmont College is a liberal arts college located in Demorest, Georgia. The college offers a bachelor of arts in psychology, which can be completed as a four-year program or as part of an accelerated five-year program for students with 60 transfer credits. Students have the option to study on campus or online through Piedmont Online.
The school’s psychology department has been recognized by the American Psychological Association (APA) and other accrediting bodies for having excellent faculty members who are committed to preparing their students for success after graduation. In addition to its undergraduate degree programs, Piedmont College also offers graduate programs leading to master’s degrees in counseling and educational leadership, as well as post-baccalaureate degrees through its School of Graduate Studies.
2 Shorter University
Shorter University is a private, coeducational, Christian liberal arts university located in Rome, Georgia, United States. The university was founded in 1873 by the Alabama Baptist Convention as an all-women’s school known as Shorter Female College (now Alice Lloyd College). It became Shorter College in 1920 and opened its doors to men in 1929. In 1959 it merged with Boys’ High School of Rome (founded 1892) and became coeducational. Today it has more than 3,100 students representing 35 states and foreign countries on a campus of 100 acres (40 ha).
Shorter University offers a Bachelor of Science in Psychology.
3 Armstrong State University
Armstrong State University is a public university in Savannah, Georgia. Armstrong State offers a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Master of Arts in Psychology. The university also offers a Ph.D (Doctorate) and Psy.D (Doctorate) in psychology, as well as graduate certificates.
4 Georgia Southwestern State University
- Georgia Southwestern State University
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Public university, located in Americus, Georgia (about an hour away from Atlanta)
- Member of the Georgia University System and a four-year institution
5 Georgia College and State University
Georgia College and State University is a public liberal arts institution with a focus on undergraduate education. Georgia College offers a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, as well as Master and Doctorate degrees in Psychology.
6 Georgia Southern University
Georgia Southern University offers a major in psychology and a minor in psychology.
The university has a Psychology Club and provides opportunities for students to get involved with Psychology research projects.
7 Augusta State University
- Augusta State University is a public university located in Augusta, Georgia. The campus is situated on 1,600 acres of land, and it has over 10,000 undergraduate students enrolled.
- The school was founded in 1906 as the Atlanta Baptist Female Seminary. It was renamed to its current name in 1914.
- August State University provides undergraduate programs for students who want to study psychology at this institution.
8 Troy University
Troy University is a public university in Troy, Alabama, United States. Troy University is a comprehensive university and offers bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees. The campus of its main campus houses the Troy Museum of Arts and Sciences (TMAS) as well as other student activities facilities such as the Student Union Building (SUB) or the Flinn Commons (FC).
9 Mercer University
Mercer University is a private university in Atlanta, Georgia, United States. It offers a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology, a Master of Arts degree in Psychology, a Master of Science degree in Psychology and a Doctor of Philosophy degree in Psychology.
10 Here are colleges where you can earn a degree in psychology.
If you want to become a psychologist, there are plenty of schools in the state of Georgia and across the country that offer psychology degrees.
- The University of Georgia offers a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology at its Athens campus and its Savannah campus. The B.A. can be combined with other majors like sociology, biology or business administration if desired.
- Columbus State University offers an undergraduate degree program that includes coursework in human behavior, research methods and ethics as well as electives in areas such as counseling skills and mental health disorders.
- Emory University offers two psychology programs: an undergraduate major with an emphasis on biological bases of behavior or a master’s degree with specialization options such as cognitive neuroscience or clinical training (PhD).
We hope you found this article helpful in your search for colleges that offer psychology. If you’re looking at Georgia schools, be sure to check out all of these options!