Cost Of Attending The University Of Houston
The cost of attending The University of Houston can depend on many factors. Students should figure out what their needs are and what kind of lifestyle they want to create for themselves while attending college. Here is a brief guide to help you determine the total cost of attendance at The University of Houston, as well as some tips on how students can save money.
What is the average cost of attending The University of Houston?
The average cost of attending The University of Houston is $14,900 per year.
- Tuition and fees: $8,850
- Room and board: $5,750
- Books and supplies: $1,000
Other costs to consider include transportation to campus ($5,000), personal expenses ($2,250), and health care insurance ($2,200).
Tuition and fees
Tuition and fees at the University of Houston are among the lowest in Texas. The annual tuition and fees is $5,836—including a mandatory health fee of $360—for the 2018-2019 academic year.
Room and board
If you are planning on living in a dorm, keep in mind that the cost of room and board will be about $10,000 per year. This can vary depending on which type of housing you choose and whether you live on campus or off campus. If you choose to live off campus, then the cost of food is up to you! However, if you plan on living in a dorm during your time at UH then there are some things to consider before making your decision:
- First-year students need to live in an approved residence hall for their first year (or two years if they’re undecided).
- There is no guarantee that housing will be available for upperclassmen who want or need it during their second semester at UH.
- You must apply for housing each semester. You can only request one building per semester; but if there is more than one opening available within that building then multiple requests may be granted by Housing Services staff members as long as they meet certain criteria (e.g., being 21 years old).
Books, supplies and other expenses
Books and supplies: $2,400
Other expenses: $1,300
Transportation: $1,500 (includes student parking pass)
Food/laundry/entertainment: $4,000 (includes dining plan)
Travel: $1,200 (includes airfare)
Other costs to consider
- Other costs to consider:
- Cost of living in Houston (the city is more expensive than the surrounding suburbs)
- Gas prices can vary greatly depending on the season, but you should expect to pay around $3.50 per gallon if you have an SUV or truck. If you drive frequently, this can add up quickly!
- Transportation is also a consideration for students who aren’t from Texas. If your parents are driving out to visit, be sure to factor their trip into the total cost of attendance so that they know what they are getting into before setting out on their journey!
The University of Houston is one of the most affordable universities in Texas.
The University of Houston is one of the most affordable universities in Texas. It offers a wide range of financial aid options to help students pay for their education. The university has a low student-to-faculty ratio and its high graduation rate speaks for itself. The University of Houston is located in the country’s fourth largest city, so you can experience all that urban life has to offer while still pursuing your degree!
The University of Houston is a great option for students who want to attend college in Texas. The average cost of attending the University of Houston is much lower than many other universities in the area.