depaul university acceptance rate
The average high school GPA of the admitted freshman class at DePaul University was 3.4 on the 4.0 scale indicating that primarily B students are accepted and ultimately attend. The school ranks #9 in Illinois for highest average GPA.
We can see that most of DePaul University admitted students had admission scores in the range of 17 (25th percentile) – 23 (75th percentile). For comparison, admission scores for other popular schools in Illinois are as follows:
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign: 30-34
- Loyola University Chicago: 22-28
- Northwestern University: 32-35
- Illinois Institute of Technology: 24-30
Oops! Click Regenerate Content below to try generating this section again.
This is the point at which you have to submit a secondary application, which includes an additional essay response. Be sure to check on the status of your application once you receive an email that your secondary has been received. If you do not hear back after three weeks, it is permissible (and recommended) to reach out and ask about your status.
- Admissions Rate: 56%
- Applications Received: 2,843
- Applications Accepted: 1,601
- Applications Rejected: 1,218
- Applications Deferred: 0 (N/A)
- Applications Waitlisted: 0 (N/A)
- Applications Withdrawn: 24
Total Applications Received
The number of applications received by DePaul University went up over the last decade.
| Total Applications Received |
| —————————- |
| 31,287 |
- Class of 2023: 59.7%
- Class of 2022: 62%
- Class of 2021: 68.9%
- Class of 2020: 75.2%
- Class of 2019: 77.7%
- Class of 2018: 78.1%
Class of 2023
Class of 2023
- Total applications: 24,700
- Admitted: 4,700 (19%)
73% of applicants submitted their SAT scores to the school. 67% of those admitted submitted ACT scores with a composite score in the range of 22 to 28. The admissions data in the graph is self-reported by applicants to DePaul University. GPAs are unweighted. Find out how you compare to accepted students, see the real-time graph, and calculate your chances of getting in with a free Cappex account.
- Average ACT: 24
- Average SAT: 1130
- Acceptance Rate: 67.7%
- Requirements for admission to DePaul University include an official transcript from your high school, a letter of recommendation, and an interview. Additional requirements for some programs may apply.
- Average Age: 18 years old
- Class Size: 14 students per class (undergrad) | 12 students per class (grad)
Students who submit their SAT scores tend to have higher chances of being admitted
- Submitting SAT scores has become much more popular for the majority of students applying to DePaul University:
- In the 2014-2015 admissions cycle, only 15.9% of applicants decided to send their SAT scores. That number jumped to 31.8% in 2016-2017 and then reached 62.1% in 2018-2019, a nearly 4x increase!
- Compare that with ACT submissions: only 3.2% of applicants sent their ACT scores in 2014-2015, but that number rose up to 19.6% by 2018-2019, nearly 6x higher than it was at first!
- So if you’re wondering whether you should submit your SAT or ACT scores, there’s a case to be made for both strategies:
- If you don’t think your scores are strong enough, it could hurt your chances if they’re submitted (this is especially true if they’re bad or inconsistent). But if you performed well on these exams, sending them could give an extra boost to your application!