Easiest Nursing Schools To Get Into Ny
Nursing is a rewarding career and one of the top jobs in demand right now. But it isn’t easy to get into nursing school. In fact, some people think it’s harder to get into a nursing program than medical school! You need good grades, strong communication skills and solid test scores to be considered by top nursing schools like NYU or Columbia.
Easiest Nursing Schools To Get Into Ny
1. Admissions FAQs – Nursing (ADN, BSN, MSN) | Excelsior College
>How do I apply?
To apply, you’ll need to fill out the online application and submit your official transcripts from high school, any previous colleges you attended and/or your current college if you’re currently enrolled. If there are any gaps in your academic history, please document them with an explanation letter. In addition to your application fee, students who can demonstrate financial need can apply for a fee waiver.
>What are the requirements?
We recommend that applicants have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher on transferable college coursework taken at accredited institutions of higher education located within the United States; however, specific programs may require higher GPAs which will be noted in their respective descriptions below. For more information about admission requirements for specific programs see our Admissions Web site or call us at 1-877-4EXCEL (437-3553) between 8am–8pm EDT Monday through Friday or e-mail us at admissions_info@excelsiorcollege .edu .
2. How to Get into a Top Nursing School | Kaplan Test Prep
In order to get into a top nursing school, you’ll need to have the right attitude.
Nursing schools want to see that you have the right background.
Nursing schools also want to see that you have the right aptitude.
And nursing schools also want to see that you have the right motivation, too.
3. What GPA is required for nursing school?
What is the GPA required for nursing school?
The average GPA for nursing school is 3.5, but it varies by school and program. Nursing schools look at your overall academic record to make sure that you have what it takes to succeed. They also consider things like racial demographics and community service work when making admissions decisions.
4. Nursing Programs, Requirements and Entry Requirements | UW …
The University of Washington is a public research university that was founded in 1861. UW offers a Baccalaureate Program in Nursing (BS) program to students who are interested in pursuing a career as a registered nurse.
The Admission Requirements for the Baccalaureate Program in Nursing include:
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 or higher on your last 60 quarter hours of course work with no grade below C
- Complete both the Chemistry requirement and Organic Chemistry requirement from one of the following options:
A) Completion of Chem 101 – 103 sequence with any lab (4 credits).
B) Transfer credit for Chem 101 – 103 sequence (4 credits).
You must also have at least 1 year or 24 credits from an accredited nursing program before you can apply to this program at UW Seattle campus, Brooklyn Center campus, Tacoma campus, Spokane campus or Vancouver campus
5. 7 Accelerated BSN Programs in New York + Admissions & NCLEX …
There are seven accelerated BSN programs in New York.
- New York University
- Columbia University in the City of New York
- Cornell University
- Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) (this program is offered through RIT’s School of Health Sciences and Human Performance.) * The application deadline for this program is March 1. The application fee is $40, and applicants must submit official transcripts from all college-level institutions attended. In addition, applicants must provide a personal statement and resume, as well as three letters of recommendation. However, they do not have to take the GRE or MCAT exams if they already have a bachelor’s degree in another field such as nursing or science related fields.* Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI) offers an online accelerated BSN completion program with flexible scheduling options for full-time students who work outside of regular daytime hours.* Applicants must apply online at www2b-applynow4bcom/admissions . . . .
6. Baccalaureate Program in Nursing (BS): Admission Information …
In order to be considered for the accelerated BSN program, you must:
- Have at least 60 credit hours completed and have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Have an associate’s degree in nursing or its equivalent from a regionally accredited institution (if applicable)
- Complete an online application through the SUNY Online Application System by March 15th of each year.
7. Learn more about what it takes to get into the top nursing schools … than a B.A. but easier than some master’s programs) in a related field like psychology …
Whether you’re interested in an RN or BSN program, there are many different ways to get into a top nursing school. The most common route is through an associate degree program that offers state licensure as well as internship experience. The other option is to go straight into a baccalaureate program at the undergraduate level and earn your degree within two years. In either case, there are certain requirements that need to be met for admission and graduation from any of these programs. These include:
- A high GPA (3.0 average), especially if you’re applying from an accelerated BSN program
- Good test scores on both the SAT/ACT and GRE exams
- Completion of prerequisites such as biology, chemistry, algebra and physics
It is important for you to know that nursing schools are competitive, but that does not mean it is impossible. If you have the passion and dedication to be a nurse, then there is no reason why you should not get into one of these programs! Many students who have taken Kaplan’s free online test prep course have been able to improve their scores enough so that they were accepted into their top choice school or universities.