emt refresher course online free
Free NREMT Study Guides & Practice Exams
The NREMT website is another great resource for those looking for free study guides and practice exams. Members of the public can create a free account where they are granted access to a variety of tools. You can download the full EMT or Paramedic psychomotor exam manual and review that to get familiar with what you will encounter on your practical exam. There are also numerous practice questions, as well as explanations when you get them wrong. The NREMT website also has their own free mobile app which contains many great resources such as quizzes, games, and flashcards.
Free EMT and Paramedic Online Practice Tests
There are quite a number of free EMT and paramedic practice tests available online. You can use these to help you prepare for the actual exam. Some sites that offer free EMT and paramedic practice tests are listed below:
At EMSTesting.com, you will find three different free EMT practice tests each containing 20 questions covering basic concepts found on the NREMT examination such as airway management, ventilation and oxygenation, trauma, cardiology and resuscitation, medical emergencies and much more!
At ParamedicPracticeTests.com, you will find a lot of great information about becoming a paramedic including:
- The Paramedic Exam
- Paramedic Practice Questions
- Paramedic Practice Exams
- Paramedic Exam Practice Questions
- Paramedic Exam Practice Tests
National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) Practice Exams
NREMT is a not-for-profit association that is the national standard for EMS certification. NREMT Certifications are trusted by agencies, states and federal employers as a reliable verification of candidate credentials. NREMT offers certification exams for EMR (emergency medical responder), EMT (emergency medical technician), Advanced EMT, and Paramedic. To become certified with the NREMT at any level, candidates must pass both a cognitive and psychomotor exam.
EMTprep has been providing study tools to our customers since 2008. We specialize in exam preparation products that are focused specifically on the needs of candidates who are preparing to take their National Registry (NR) exams or state specific practical or written exams in order to become certified or recertified as an Emergency Medical Responder (EMR), Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), Advanced EMT, Paramedic or Critical Care Paramedic – EMS personnel who provide pre-hospital care for patients within rural areas and urban areas. Our practice tests follow the latest National Standard Curriculum used by most states and their respective testing agencies for administering these examinations.
Free EMT/Paramedic Training Flashcards, Audio Files, and More
- EMTPrep.com: This website offers free tests for EMT training and other levels of certifications, as well as flashcards and audio files you can use to learn more about the topics covered in the exams. The site also provides question-of-the-day emails, which are available through a subscription.
- Firefighter Central: This site provides a set of flashcards that cover many areas of EMT certification exam preparation, including pharmacology and medical terminology. The site also includes test questions to see how well your preparedness is coming along.
- EMT Practice Test: This free resource provides practice test questions for EMT preparation, with several different question sets available so you can focus on specific topic areas.
- MedPreps: MedPreps gives users access to online practice test content for Basic EMT certification training with timed tests and explanations of correct answers as well as incorrect responses.
- EMT National Training: This online resource offers an entire course designed to help you prepare for your official written Basic EMT exam from the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT).
These resources will help you prepare for taking an Advanced EMT course.
The National Registry’s online practice exams will help you determine whether you’re ready to take the real thing.
MO-Media provides a study guide for prospective EMTs that includes an ability assessment, sample test questions and other helpful information.
Quizlet offers flashcards and other study materials to aid your research.
This article describes free audio files available to EMT students and professionals, and explains how to use them effectively.