English universities in Spain
english universities in spain
University of Alcalá
- Founded in 1499, the University of Alcalá is one of the oldest universities in the world.
- Located in Alcala de Henares, just outside Madrid, the university’s campus is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and boasts beautiful Renaissance architecture.
- The university offers courses taught in English for all levels of Spanish speakers, as well as an Erasmus program that accepts students from all over Europe.
King Juan Carlos
King Juan Carlos University
Where: Madrid, Spain
Languages of Instruction: Spanish and English
Courses Offered: Courses in Business and Law
Cost of Attendance: Tuition is $2,900/year.
The Universidad Autónoma de Madrid was founded in 1968, with the goal of providing a different approach to university education. The university is located in Madrid and is home to some 39,000 students. With an emphasis on research and innovation, it’s no wonder that the University has been named among the top 100 universities in Europe.
Of particular interest to non-Spanish speakers are its courses offered in English. These courses are typically geared towards international students, with a focus on business and law studies.
University of Deusto Campus in Bilbao, Spain
University of Deusto is a private Spanish university owned by the Society of Jesus, with campuses in Bilbao and San Sebastián, and a university residence in Madrid. Founded in 1886 by Basque businessman and philanthropist Sabino Arana as the Higher School of Commerce (Escuela Superior de Comercio), it received pontifical recognition in 1893 and was granted full university status by the Spanish government in 1980. A member of the European University Association and Universitas 21, Deusto is internationally recognized for its research activities, ranking among Spain’s top universities according to national and international rankings. Its alumni include Nobel Prize winner Severo Ochoa, Guggenheim-winning documentary filmmaker José Luis López-Linares, former Prime Minister of Spain Felipe González, former mayor of New Orleans Mitch Landrieu, the founder of Coca-Cola Spain Antonio Muñoz Boquín and Venezuelan President Carlos Andrés Pérez.
In 2011 it formed an alliance with Berklee College of Music to develop a campus in Spain dedicated to music education. The campus offers undergraduate degrees in music business, performance (contemporary, jazz or production/engineering) and film scoring as well as graduate degrees such as master’s programs or Master’s degrees. In September 2015 it opened its new 160 million euro campus “DeustoTech” devoted to technology, innovation and research.
Comillas Pontifical University
Comillas Pontifical University is located in Madrid. It is the only university in Spain to have the title Pontifical and it is one of the 100 best universities in Spain. It has a ranking of #1 out of 14 universities in Madrid. Comillas was founded with the mission to provide high quality education to society, along with a strong emphasis on research, innovation, and an international perspective.
The American College in Madrid, Spain
The American College in Madrid, founded in 1878, is a private, non-profit institution of higher learning. It offers associate, bachelor and master’s degrees. Courses are taught in English and there are more than 1,000 students from over 60 countries. The American College is located in the center of Madrid.
There are several universities in spain which offer courses in english
- [CES University (Cambridge Education Spain)](https://www.ces-schools.com/en/ces-university) is a private university with campuses in the cities of Madrid, Marbella and Barcelona. The university offers bachelor’s degree programs in business administration, nursing science, international relations and psychology as well as Master’s Degree programs in business administration and nursing science. CES University has an agreement with Kaplan International to help students prepare for English exams prior to enrollment at the university.
- [Universidad Europea de Madrid](http://www.uemcordoba.es/) is located in Alcobendas outside of Madrid, Spain’s capital city. It offers undergraduate programs including business administration, law and architecture taught entirely in English or Spanish as well as graduate degree programs including MBA, MSN and MA programs for international students who have completed a bachelor’s program abroad or native Spanish speakers who have completed their studies in Spain yet are interested in obtaining their graduate degrees from an English speaking school at home.
- The [University of Almería](https://www2.ual.es/international/international_studies_programmes/undergraduate_degree) is a public university located along Spain’s southern coast on the Mediterranean Sea that offers several undergraduate degree program options for students interested in studying full or part time including business administration, economics and tourism management courses that are taught entirely or partially in English depending on the course requirements needed by each student to complete the program successfully