Located in Eugene, Oregon, the University of Oregon (or UO) is the state’s flagship university. The school was founded in 1876 and offers many degree programs at its seven colleges. With a student body of around 26,000 students, it’s one of the largest institutions in the state and has been named a top 20 public university by U.S. News & World Report every year since 2008. If you’re visiting during graduation or another event that requires lodging near campus, here are some hotels closest to UO:
Eugene Hotels Near University Of Oregon
1 University Street
University Street is a major thoroughfare in Eugene, Oregon. It is the main street of the University of Oregon campus and home to several notable buildings and landmarks, including Autzen Stadium and Matthew Knight Arena. The street also runs through the University of Oregon’s School of Architecture and Allied Arts (UO-SAX), which is known for its innovative architecture design program.
2 Villard Street and Alder Street in the Old Town District
Villard Street and Alder Street in the Old Town District is your best option if you want to be within walking distance of everything, including the University of Oregon.
This area is also known as “the 5th street district,” so named because it’s on Alder between 5th and 6th streets. It’s close to Autzen Stadium, where the Ducks play their home football games, as well as Hayward Field, where they compete at track meets.
Two blocks east of Villard Street there’s Willamette River Greenway – a greenbelt that runs along both sides of the river all over Eugene and Springfield – which is perfect for biking or running (or just being outside). Further downstream on Riverside Avenue, there’s a pedestrian bridge that connects Eugene with Springfield across Interstate 105; from here you can access many attractions along the banks of this scenic waterway.
3 Agate Street
Agate Street is a popular residential and commercial area that’s just blocks away from the University of Oregon. The street itself runs between 13th Avenue and 15th Avenue on the south side of campus, just off of Franklin Boulevard, which is a main thoroughfare in Eugene.
The hotels along this stretch include:
- Hotel Oregon (http://www.hoteloregon.com/) – This historic hotel has been restored to its original grandeur, with modern amenities like free WiFi throughout the property. It also has an outdoor pool and hot tub open during spring through fall weather months.
- Hampton Inn Eugene/Springfield (http://hamptoninn2u1lz1neb2a6o3a9r9m7p8r3q8k6f0g6c4e4y4j3z8f7uy0t) – This budget-friendly Hampton Inn offers comfortable accommodations with free WiFi throughout the property as well as an indoor pool and fitness center for guests who want to work out while visiting Eugene on business or pleasure (or both!).
4 Centennial Boulevard and University Street
The intersection of Centennial Boulevard and University Street is the closest to the University of Oregon campus. It’s within walking distance from downtown Eugene and the university itself. This is a great area because you can walk to everything: campus, restaurants, shops, nightlife spots… you name it!
5 Franklin Boulevard and Onyx Street
- There are many hotels in the area, including a Hampton Inn and Suites, an Embassy Suites by Hilton Eugene and Springfield Oregon, a Clarion Hotel on Franklin Boulevard and Onyx Street.
- The distance from the University of Oregon to this hotel is 0.3 miles.
- This hotel is located 3.8 miles from the Eugene Airport (EUG).
- It’s 5 miles away from Sacred Heart Medical Center at RiverBend Hospital (SHMC).
- You’ll also find it just 1 mile away from Valley River Center Mall on Willamette Street in Eugene Oregon; 10 minutes by car or taxi ride away from Lane Community College’s main campus; 15 minutes’ drive away from Lane Transit District’s Downtown Transfer Center on Kincaid Street between 7th Avenue & Pearl Alley) (TDT); 20 minutes’ drive away from downtown Portland International Airport; about 30 minutes’ drive away from Portland Expo Center which hosts events like Comicon Expo-Oregon Comic Con comic book festival every year since 2012; 40 minutes’ drive away from Portland Convention Center which houses annual conventions like Winter Market event each January/February where vendors gather together attractively displayed crafts art supplies etc…
6 Franklin Boulevard between Olive Street and Alder Street
The main street of Eugene, Oregon is Franklin Boulevard between Olive Street and Alder Street. It’s the main drag in downtown Eugene and has many shops, restaurants, and attractions along its length.
7 The hotels closest to the University of Oregon are located between Franklin Blvd. and the Willamette River.
The hotels closest to the University of Oregon are located between Franklin Blvd. and the Willamette River.
- Motel 6 South Eugene (4500 West 11th Ave., 541-345-0068)
- Super 8 Motel South Eugene (4820 West 11th Ave., 541-484-8333)
- Howard Johnson Inn Eugene (4530 W. 11th Ave., 541-342-6499)
We hope you enjoyed learning about the hotels near the University of Oregon.