international scholarships for nigerians
The NNPC/Total Undergraduate Scholarship Award
The NNPC/Total Undergraduate Scholarship Award is a scholarship scheme funded by the NNPC and Total Nigeria Plc.
Eligible candidates who wish to study Medicine, Law, Engineering or Geosciences at any Nigerian university may apply for this scholarship.
Interested students should visit the scholarship website to get application details and apply online before the deadline.
Here are some important things you should know about this scholarship:
Candidates should be:
- Nigerian citizens by birth or naturalization; and
- Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) candidates who have applied to study any of the aforementioned courses in any Nigerian University. Only those who have chosen NNPC approved universities will be considered; and
- Have an average minimum of 5 ‘O’ level credit passes in WASC, SSCE, NECO or equivalent as applicable; including Mathematics, English Language and three other relevant subjects obtained in not more than two sittings.
The Dangote Foundation Scholarships
The Dangote Foundation Scholarship
This scholarship is provided by the Dangote Foundation for undergraduates in Nigerian universities. The scholarship covers tuition fees, accommodation and stipend. It was started in 2016 by Aliko Dangote, who is the founder of the foundation.
The APPLES Service-Learning & Leadership Programme (ASLP)
This scholarship opportunity is open to all international students, including Nigerians. Students from all courses of study at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill can apply for this scholarship which is funded by a grant from United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The APPLES Service-Learning & Leadership Programme (ASLP) supports undergraduates in their academic, personal, and professional development goals through service-learning courses, mentoring programs and training seminars.
These scholarships are awarded to qualified students to serve as peer leaders for the ASLP program in the following semesters:
• Fall – August 15th
• Spring – January 10th
To be eligible for these scholarships, you must meet the requirements below:
- You must be a full-time UNC student in good standing with UNC Chapel Hill. You should have completed at least one semester before applying. For transfers and graduate students who are new to UNC/ASLP, you need to have completed at least one semester here. Graduate students with previous experience with ASLP may qualify if they meet our eligibility criteria.
- You must have taken an ASLP course that was offered during the last 3 years prior to your application deadline date or will take an ASLP course within the next 6 months after your application deadline date or currently enrolled in an ASLP course when you submit your application form online. All applicants MUST complete their service hours requirement by May 1st of each year if they want their hours to count towards their application (does not apply for Spring only applicants). All applicants MUST complete their academically-based community service hours requirement by April 1st of each year if they want them to count towards their application (does not apply for Spring only applicants). If you need details about how many hours you’ve done, please contact us via email or stop by our office between 8am – 5pm M-F. If you took an ASLP course more than 3 years ago and it
The Chevening Scholarships
The Chevening Scholarships are open to all fields of study.
All applicants for a Chevening Scholarship must apply online by November. Applicants are required to submit two personal statements, each no longer than 500 words, addressing the following:
- Outline your postgraduate study plans and your career aspirations and explain how these will be achieved through the Chevening Scholarship.
- Explain what impact you hope to make in Nigeria once you have completed your studies in the UK.
Chevening is a UK government global scholarship programme that offers future leaders the unique opportunity to study in the UK. These scholarships are awarded to outstanding professionals from across Nigeria to pursue a one-year master’s degree in any subject at any UK university.
AICF International Education Scholarship
The American Indian College Fund International Education Scholarship aims to help students living in financially disadvantaged situations prepare for college. It’s available to full-time students who are citizens of the United States or Canada, currently enrolled in a tribal college or university, and have a GPA of at least 2.0 on a 4.0 scale. Applications are now open for this scholarship and are accepted until April 1 each year. If you’re eligible, apply today!
One scholarship is awarded annually for $5,000 to assist students with tuition costs.
A scholarship offered by Chevron Nigeria Limited, the Agbami Scholarship is available to students currently enrolled in their penultimate year of an undergraduate degree, who are studying Medicine, Pharmacy, Geology or Geophysics, Engineering (Chemical/Civil/Mechanical/Electrical) and Law.
The scholarship is open to Nigerian students only.
Embassy of Sweden scholarship programme
- Application Deadline: March
- Eligibility Candidates must be younger than 30 years.
- Candidates must have a first degree with a minimum of Second Class Upper Division in any course of study, and also have completed their NYSC program.
- Candidates must show proof of English proficiency.
International Development Scholarships Programmes – Canada
This is a scholarship program open to all international students who wish to pursue a master’s or doctoral degree at a Canadian university. These scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit, development impact and personal statement.
To be eligible for this programme, you must:
- Be enrolled at a Canadian university
- Have a Canadian co-applicant (faculty member) who is willing to supervise your research project (Note: If you are an undergraduate student, you may also apply through your faculty member)
- Be enrolled in an eligible course
PEO International Peace Scholarships (IPS) Program – USA/Canada
- Application forms can be obtained through the International Peace Scholarship Fund Chairperson or the International Peace Scholarship Fund Committee listed below, on the PEO website at www.peointernational.org, or via email at: IPSChair@peointernational.org
- You must have a minimum overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4-point scale or its equivalent and must have sufficient proficiency in English to pursue graduate study/research (an official report of TOEFL scores is required if English is not your first language).
- Applicants for graduate study/research must be recommended by their university dean or registrar, and applicants for post-secondary education must be recommended by their high school principal.
- Only one application per woman who is selected as a Finalist can be considered for an IPS award each year and it may only be used for either graduate study/research or post-secondary education; however, an applicant may receive more than one scholarship during her lifetime if she does not use all of her eligibility in one year (e.g., an applicant who is in her second year of study when she receives a scholarship would still have three years of eligibility remaining).
EPFL–Master’s Grant 2019-2020 – Switzerland
These are the eligibility requirements for this scholarship:
- Applicants must be international students.
- Applicants must have completed their bachelors degree program.
- Applicants should have good academic records
How to apply?
- Interested applicants should send their Application file in (1) PDF format, and should include: CV, recommendation letter(s), and transcripts. Applications not fulfilling these criteria will not be considered. All required documents must be uploaded to your application form in the order listed below by April 15, 2019 at 12pm (noon, Central European Time). A complete application consists of: • 1) a curriculum vitae; 2) one or several letters of recommendation; 3) official transcript(s) of Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees or equivalent diplomas; 4) copy of passport(s); 5) Motivation letter (up to 2’000 characters incl. spaces): Describe your project and justify how it is related to EPFL’s research priorities (see http://epfl-mastergrant.ch/eligibility); 6) publications; 7) other supporting documents with relevance to your application (optional). The motivation letter must be written in English only. The file size cannot exceed 16MB and more than 100 pages overall. No applications received after April 15, 2019 at 12pm will be considered for a grant. When does this scholarship expire?
- The deadline for this scholarship is April 15, 2019 at 12pm . Where can I get more info?
For more information on scholarships including where to find them visit our website @ http://edooapplicationsolutionsngblog224548983wordpresscom . If you need support with writing applications for scholarships visit us @ www .edooapplicationsolutions .wordpress .com
You can find help to study abroad in this blog post.
This blog post is for those interested in studying overseas. The scholarships listed below are available to both Nigerians and non-Nigerians. They are for undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, as well as full-time and part-time studies. In addition, fields of study are not limited, meaning you can pick a course that suits your interests.