is mba abroad worth it
4 Reasons That Make MBA Abroad Worth It
- The salary you get after an MBA abroad is higher than that of a regular job, especially if your university is among the top 10 in the world.
- An MBA abroad prepares you for global businesses and helps you get the best jobs in international companies.
- You get a chance to interact with students from across the globe and gain valuable insights into global markets and economies.
- There are multiple networking opportunities to make connections with industry leaders and other professionals who can help you grow professionally as well as personally throughout your career span.
The Globalization of Education
The globalization of education is the international exchange of ideas, methodologies, and philosophies between educators around the world. These exchanges are beneficial to students because they help many students in different countries who learn about education from other countries. Many schools offer special programs or create teams of teachers to coordinate with other schools, teachers and experts at universities abroad. Exchange programs sometimes allow students to move abroad for a few weeks or days to learn more about culture, but also education in other countries. Such a program is the Global School Network Program which enables the exchange of educational materials, methods and research between public schools around the world.
Top Notch Education
The quality of a business program’s curriculum is the single most important factor in determining the value of an MBA degree. The program should provide you with a solid core foundation and advanced instruction in areas that are relevant to your career aspirations, so you can use what you learn to make better decisions, grow your strengths as a leader, and drive greater performance within your organization.
It’s also important to consider how much time professors will be spending on each course, as well as their approach when it comes to both teaching and research. If professors spend the majority of their time conducting research rather than teaching students, this could have a negative impact on the quality of education they receive.
A top-tier MBA program can cost upwards of $50K or more per year for tuition alone – not counting living expenses! This figure may seem overwhelming at first glance but remember that there are financial aid options available from many institutions through scholarships and grants which will offset some (or possibly all) of these costs if you qualify for them based on family income level/need etc., so don’t despair just yet! The bottom line here is that getting an MBA abroad isn’t cheap but it CAN be worth it if done properly so think long term not just immediately about what would benefit yourself right away financially speaking because while those things might feel good now they may not end up being good decisions in five years time when those same needs have changed quite drastically perhaps due to changes within one’s own personal life situation like getting married having children etc…
The Best ROI for the Money Spent
Let’s take the following example:
- Mr X wants to pursue his MBA from top ranked INSEAD in France. The total cost of the program will be around Rs. 45 lacs and the average salary post completion is approximately Rs. 50 lacs per annum (this figure varies depending on your country of origin).
- Mr Y wants to pursue his MBA from top ranked ISB in Hyderabad, India. The total cost of the program will be around Rs. 25 lacs and average salary post completion is approximately Rs. 20 lacs per annum (this figure varies depending on your country of origin).
In this case if Mr X returns to his home country, he will get a higher ROI than Mr Y who chooses to stay back in India after completing his MBA since he can leverage the multicultural learning experience gained during his studies abroad. Also, there are certain factors that need consideration while deciding whether an International MBA is beneficial or not such as:
- Scholarships available for various programs which help reduce your tuition fee
- Time spent abroad helps you gain tremendous amount of knowledge on how business functions across different regions and cultures
Recognition in the Industry
If you want to be recognized in your industry, it is important that you have a good education. The recognition of an MBA abroad will help with this. Another thing to consider is whether or not the degree gives you the opportunity to work in any country. If it does, then you are more likely to get hired by an international company and work abroad. You can also use your degree to get promoted within your current company or look for other opportunities outside of your current job field.
The most important thing when considering whether or not an MBA abroad is worth it, is how much time and money you are willing to put into getting the degree. If you have a full time job and can only take classes on weekends or during the summer months, then it may not be as beneficial for you to go through all of the trouble of getting an MBA abroad. However, if you are able to attend class on campus during regular hours, then there really shouldn’t be any reason why this isn’t something that would make sense financially for both parties involved (student and employer).
If you are planning to get an MBA degree abroad, you should definitely go for it.
If you are planning to get an MBA degree abroad, you should definitely go for it. An international MBA degree will increase your chances of getting better-paid jobs in a better working environment. It is essential that you learn the language of the country where you will be studying. Apart from this, here are some other benefits of getting an MBA abroad:
- You will improve your skills and learn new things.
- You will understand various cultures across the world.