Following the guidelines below and completing your admission application by the scholarship priority date of December 1 allows you to be considered for all available scholarships.
Academic scholarships are awarded to students who have demonstrated excellence in academics and leadership. They are based on academic achievement and will be assessed upon reception of transcripts, ACT or SAT scores, high school GPA and class rank (if applicable). These awards range from $4,000-$13,000 for incoming freshmen and $5,000-$9,000 for transfer students. Academic scholarships are available for incoming freshmen and transfer students.
Academic scholarships are awarded to students who have demonstrated excellence in academics and leadership.
At Lipscomb, we believe in the importance of academic excellence. We also believe in developing the whole person—spiritually, intellectually, socially and physically. A student’s first year at Lipscomb is a transformative experience one that allows them to discover their gifts and passions while growing spiritually through participation in community life on campus.
Our goal is to partner with students and provide the best possible educational environment for growth in faith and life goals through scholarships.
Our academic scholarships range from $4,000-$13,000 for incoming freshmen and $5,000-$9,000 for transfer students.
Our academic scholarships range from $4,000-$13,000 for incoming freshmen and $5,000-$9,000 for transfer students. To be considered for a scholarship, you must:
- Apply to Lipscomb University by the application deadline and include your official high school transcript and official ACT/SAT scores
- Submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by February 1
- Select “Yes” on your Lipscomb admissions application when asked if you would like to be considered for academic scholarships
Lipscomb will automatically consider you for an academic scholarship when you apply for admission.
In order to be considered for any of the academic scholarships offered by Lipscomb, you must apply for admission by December 15th, and your application file must be complete.
You will automatically be notified if you are eligible for an academic scholarship; however, it is important to check your status online to see if you have been awarded.
The following is a list of the four academic scholarships available to incoming freshmen and transfer students:
- Presidential Scholarships: $12,500, renewable for up to four years; *available to transfer students
- Merit Scholarships: $11,000, renewable for up to four years; *available to transfer students
- Dean’s Scholarships: $10,000, renewable for up to four years; *available to transfer students
- Pioneer Scholarship: $8,000, renewable for up to four years
Presidential – $13,000 per year (incoming freshman only)
Incoming freshman students with a 3.5 GPA or higher and a composite ACT score of 30 or better (1350 SAT) are eligible to receive the Presidential Scholarship, which provides $13,000 annually toward their education. The scholarship is guaranteed for up to four years as long as recipients maintain at least a 3.0 GPA.
Trustee – $12,000 per year (incoming freshman only)
The Trustee scholarship is awarded to incoming freshmen who have demonstrated excellence in academics and leadership. The base scholarship is $12,000 per year and can be renewed for up to four years of undergraduate enrollment.
For more information about this scholarship or other scholarships, please contact the admissions office at (615) 966-1784 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deans – $9,000 per year (incoming freshman only)
- To be eligible for a dean’s scholarship, a student must have at least a 3.25 GPA and achieve a minimum score of 26 on the ACT or 1200 on the SAT. Students must live in campus housing all four years.
- Students who meet the criteria will be awarded an automatic scholarship of $9,000 per year, renewable all four years.
Pathways – $4,000 per year (incoming freshman only)
Pathways – $4,000 per year (incoming freshman only)
- Submit an application for admission to Lipscomb University by December 1.
- Submit your FAFSA by March 1.
How to apply:
Apply for admission and complete any required forms. These forms include the Application for Admission, ACT/SAT scores and high school transcript. If you are a transfer student, you will also need to submit college transcripts from all higher-education institutions attended prior to applying to Lipscomb. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Although this is a federally funded program, filing the FAFSA is not necessary if you do not wish to be considered for federal aid or other institutional scholarships that require financial information.
Academic scholarships range from up to $13,000 per year
Academic scholarships are awarded based on demonstrated academic achievement, and range from up to $13,000 per year. Academic scholarships are renewable each year provided certain criteria is met.
Please note: Scholarships that don’t include the word “academic” in their name are often awarded based on a combination of factors like academics, leadership, talent, commitment and/or need.