Louisiana Nursing License Lookup
Want to search for a Louisiana nurse’s license? You’re in luck! This page contains all the information you need to get started.
Louisiana Nursing License Lookup
1 About Louisiana Nursing License Lookup
When you need to look up a nurse’s license in Louisiana, use our search tool to find the information you need. Our system allows you to look up a Louisiana nursing license by name, first and last name, or by license number. If you know the name of an individual who has been issued a nursing license in Louisiana and want to learn more about it, this is the place for you!
Our service can also help if your needs are slightly different: perhaps all that’s needed is information on whether or not someone has even applied for a Louisiana nurse’s license at all? Or maybe they only have one out-of-state license (for example) but no active licenses? In addition to looking up active licenses through our online tool above—which includes both current licensed nurses as well as those who are currently inactive—you can also search through past applications made by prospective applicants with no luck finding success yet either way!
2 LA State Board of Nursing (LSBN)
You can find the Louisiana State Board of Nursing (LSBN) here.
The LSBN is the regulatory body for nurses in Louisiana and is responsible for licensing, regulating and disciplining nurses and nursing students in Louisiana. The LSBN was established in 1947 to replace a group called the State Board of Examiners of Practical Nurses which was formed in 1933. In 1989, it was renamed from its former name “Board of Examiners” to its current one “Board of Nursing” because at this time there were registered practical nurses but not registered nurses; hence the change from one word (examiners) to two words (nurses).
3 Louisiana Nursing License Renewal
How to Renew a Nursing License in Louisiana
- Visit the Louisiana Board of Nursing website and download the application for renewal.
- Complete all required fields on the form, including paying the $75 fee by credit card or check. If you have questions about your renewal, contact the board at (225) 342-7690, ext. 2406 or [email protected]
- Mail back your completed application with payment attached to: Board of Registered Nursing, PO Box 3677 New Orleans LA 70191-3677
4 Louisiana Nursing License Lookup
You can search for a Louisiana nurse’s license by name, first and last, or by license number.
- You can search by license number or by name: Enter the individual’s license number and click “Search.” The system will display all of your results as well as their current status (e.g., active/inactive). If you know the person’s name but not their license number, enter it in the “License Number” field and click “Search.” This will bring up all results that match both criteria.
- You can also search by first and last names: Enter both first names into one field (for example, “John”) and all other information to narrow down your search further if necessary!
5 Search for a Louisiana nurse’s license by name, first and last, or by license number.
To search for a Louisiana nurse’s license by name, first and last, or by license number, please go to the following link:
To search for a Louisiana nurse’s license by license number, please go to the following link:
To search for a Louisiana nurse’s license by first and last name or other identifying information (i.e., birth date), please go to the following link: https://www.ltn.texas.gov/professionals/nursing/search-data-base
This information is provided as a service to the public, and it is not intended as legal or medical advice. For questions about a specific license, please contact the Louisiana State Board of Nursing at (888) 527-7600 or email them at [email protected]