The Minnesota State Board of Nursing is the regulatory body that oversees licensed nurses in the state. It offers an online database for license searches, which includes both active and inactive licenses. Below is a step-by-step guide for performing a search on this board’s website.
mn board of nursing license lookup
1. Minnesota RN License Lookup
- The Minnesota Board of Nursing has a website where you can look up the license status of registered nurses. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “RN License Search.” Enter your search criteria, including first name, last name, date of birth and/or social security number (optional). Click “Search” to view results.*
2. Phone: (651) 201-2825
The phone number you can call to request a license lookup is: (651) 201-2825.
The number is toll-free and open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., except on state holidays.
3. Fax: (651) 282-2673
The fax number is for sending documents to the board, such as transcripts, letters of reference and copies of nursing licenses. You cannot use this number to request a license verification.
4. Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The email address is ONLY for nursing board use. The email is not for the public, nurses, or applicants to contact the nursing board with questions about their license or application status.*
If you don’t know your MN Board of Nursing number or need help finding it, please visit our [Getting Started Guide](http://www.mnboardofnursing.org/getting-started).
5. Mailing Address
The Minnesota Board of Nursing mailing address is:
- 2829 University Ave SE #200
- Minneapolis, MN 55414-3246
6. 2829 University Ave SE #200
The address of the office is 2829 University Ave SE #200, Minneapolis MN 55414.
The city and state are Minneapolis, MN.
7. Minneapolis, MN 55414-3246
The Minnesota Board of Nursing License Lookup is an online tool that provides the status of a nurse’s license. The license lookup can be done by providing name, social security number, or birth date. It does not require user authentication if the information is provided correctly.
8. Physical Address
- State: _____
- Zip Code: _____
- Hours of Operation (include time zone): Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., excluding state holidays. Phone numbers are answered between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, except for state holidays when the office is closed for business or lunch break hours vary due to deadlines or other reasons for delay in issuing licenses and documents.”
9. Search for a licensed nurse in the state of Minnesota
The Board of Nursing (BON) can help you find a nurse by name, license number, or birth date.
The BON also has a searchable database of all licensed nurses in the state of Minnesota. This database includes information on disciplinary actions taken against a nurse’s license by the board. You can find out if a nurse is licensed in another state and how to contact that state’s board for more information about any disciplinary actions taken against their licenses.
We have provided you with information on how to look up a license in Minnesota. If you require additional help with this topic, please contact us at (505) 555-5555.