Navient Student Loan Forgiveness Programs
Navient student loan forgiveness programs can help alleviate some of the financial stress you may be experiencing. Navient has a variety of options that can allow you to reduce or eliminate your student debt. These include:
Navient Student Loan Forgiveness
The Navient Student Loan Forgiveness program is a benefit of the US Department of Education’s Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program.
This article will cover the basics of this program, as well as how to apply for it and what to expect if you’re accepted.
Federal Student Loan Forgiveness
Federal Student Loan Forgiveness
There are several federal student loan forgiveness programs that can help you to pay off your student loans. These include:
- Teacher Loan Forgiveness Program – This program is available to teachers who work in low-income schools or educational service agencies. Qualifying borrowers may be able to have up to $5,000 of their Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized Federal Stafford Loans forgiven.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program – The PSLF program offers full loan forgiveness after 10 years of qualifying monthly payments in certain public service fields.
These are just two examples of the many options available through the federal government for student loan forgiveness programs. If you’re looking for more information on how these programs work and which ones might be best for your situation, contact one of our licensed lenders today!
Steps to Take Before Applying for Federal Student Loan Forgiveness Programs
- You must be eligible for the federal student loan forgiveness program you are applying for.
- You will need to have all of your paperwork in order. This includes tax returns, proof of eligibility, and documentation from your employer if applicable.
- If there is anything in the future that may affect your ability to repay your student loans (such as getting married or having children), it’s a good idea to plan ahead so that they are taken into consideration when evaluating whether or not you qualify for a forgiveness program.
How to Apply for Navient Federal Student Loan Forgiveness Programs
Before you can apply for a Navient student loan forgiveness program, first check your eligibility. If you are eligible, then go ahead and apply for the program.
Navient Student Loan Forgiveness Program Eligibility
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
- Teacher Loan Forgiveness (TLF)
- Post-Graduate Fellowship Loans Discharge or Cancellation of Debts
- Perkins Loans Cancellation of Debt Under Title IV Subpart M
Once you know that you’re eligible for a particular program, it’s time to complete the application process. This can be done online through the U.S Department of Education website or by calling their customer service center at 1-800-848-0979 . Once your application has been approved by Navient or another lender that grants forgiveness based on income level and other factors related to paying off debts then all that’s left is waiting until all payments have been made according to their original terms before receiving forgiveness from them!
Navient student loan forgiveness programs can help alleviate some of the financial stress you may be experiencing.
Navient student loan forgiveness programs can help alleviate some of the financial stress you may be experiencing. The following are some of the benefits of Navient student loan forgiveness programs:
- They allow you to pay off your debt faster, which means less interest over time.
- They may be able to reduce or eliminate your current monthly payments as well as make it easier to afford other bills and expenses in your life, such as rent or utilities.
- If you have high-interest rate loans, these programs may even lower the amount that needs to be repaid by lowering the interest rate on those loans.
There’s Navient student loan forgiveness options available.
There are several student loan forgiveness options available with Navient Student Loans. These programs can help alleviate some of the financial stress you may be experiencing, such as:
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Temporary Total Disability (TTD) Discharge of Federal Student Loans for Individuals with a Severe Permanent Disability Who Are Unable to Work at Their Paid Occupation or an Equivalent Occupation Due to Such Severe Disability
- Unemployment Discharge for Borrowers Entitled to Unemployment Benefits Under State Law
Navient student loan forgiveness programs can help alleviate some of the financial stress you may be experiencing. There are many options available, so it’s important to familiarize yourself with them and take action if there’s one that fits your needs. If you have any questions about Navient student loan forgiveness programs or other repayment plans, contact our team today!