nursing scholarships in alabama
nursing scholarships in alabama
Nursing scholarships in alabama.
List of Nursing Scholarships in Alabama
Alabama Higher Education Partnership Scholarship: To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must be an Alabama resident who is a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen. They must also meet academic requirements and complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to show financial need. Awards are based on funding availability, and students may receive up to $2,000 per year.
Alice M. Ward Memorial Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded through the University of South Alabama College of Nursing to nursing students who are residents of Mobile County, AL or Baldwin County, AL who have completed at least one semester in a nursing program and demonstrate financial need. Applicants must have a minimum 3.0 GPA on all attempted courses related to their chosen health care profession, and preference is given to minority students with strong leadership skills as demonstrated by involvement in community service activities or professional organizations related to the medical field.
Alabama Nurses Foundation Scholarship Program
The Alabama Nurses Foundation Scholarship Program awards scholarships to students who meet the following criteria:
- Renewable scholarship
- Students must maintain a 3.0 GPA
- Students must be enrolled as a full-time student in an Alabama nursing program
- Must be a resident of Alabama and have graduated from an Alabama high school or hold an equivalent degree approved by the State Board of Education
- Must be a member of the Alabama Nurses Foundation (a one-year membership is included with your application fee)
Alabama LPN Scholarship
- You must be an Alabama resident.
- You must be enrolled full-time in a practical nursing program at an accredited school. Applicants who have completed one semester of nursing education may apply.
- You must have a 3.0 or better cumulative GPA and financial need.
- You must demonstrate leadership qualities and scholastic ability, as well as a commitment to success in your work as a nurse.
If you are selected, you will receive $500 per semester for up to 6 semesters (which amounts to $3,000 total). These funds do not have to be repaid.
UAB Minority Health and Health Disparities Research Center
The UAB Minority Health and Health Disparities Research Center offers a scholarship for nursing students who are from Alabama. This scholarship is open to all minority students, regardless of gender or academic track.
Students must be enrolled full-time in an accredited college or university in the state of Alabama. The amount of the scholarship varies based on need and merit.
UAB Health Systems Scholarship for Nursing Students
The University of Alabama at Birmingham Health Systems Scholarship is designed to help students pursuing a degree in nursing. This scholarship is open to junior and senior students attending the UAB School of Nursing, with a 3.0 GPA or higher. Applicants who live in Jefferson County, Alabama, demonstrate financial need and are a minority are preferred.
To apply for this scholarship, you must submit an online application; an official transcript; your current resume; two letters of recommendation from faculty members; and a statement from you describing your financial need and career goals as well as how this scholarship will help you achieve those goals.
Alabama MENTOR Future of Nursing Scholarship
Oops! Click Regenerate Content below to try generating this section again.
AARP Scholarship in Honor of Grace Clayton
- Must be a resident of Alabama
- Must be enrolled in a baccalaureate or graduate nursing program
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Must be an AARP member (a one year membership is included with the scholarship)
- Must be a member of the Alabama Nurses Association
Daisy Cox Future Nurse Scholarship
- Name: Daisy Cox Future Nurse Scholarship
- Amount: $300 per semester
- Multiple semesters available
- Eligibility Requirements: You must be a member of the Alabama League for Nursing. You also need to be an ethnic minority and enrolled in an accredited nursing program in Alabama.
Many scholarships are available to qualified nursing students in alabama providing they meet the eligibility requirements.
There are many scholarships available to qualified nursing students in Alabama providing they meet the eligibility requirements. Many of these scholarships are offered by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), which is part of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and offers federal grants for nursing education.
Additionally, there are other organizations that offer scholarships such as professional nursing organizations, hospitals, foundations, businesses, churches and even individuals. Some scholarships may be specific to a certain ethnic group, illness or disability. Other funding may also be available through state agencies that provide services for a specific population such as children with disabilities or chronic illnesses.