nursing schools abuja
Admission into University of Abuja, College of Health Sciences for the 2018/2019 academic session is now on sale.
- Login to the admission portal using your username and password
- Click on “pre-degree/diploma”
- Select the course you wish to apply for and click “add to cart”
- Select your mode of payment, either by bank payment or debit card
- After successful payment, click continue application on application summary page
- Proceed to print your acknowledgement slip which contains your JAMB registration number and examination date
Interested candidates should see admission details below;
Interested candidates must possess the following requirements before applying for the course;
- Applicants must obtain either five (5) Credit passes in GCE, WASC, SSCE, NECO and NABTEB at not more than two (2) sittings in subjects which must include English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- One (1) credit pass in English language is compulsory for all courses.
- In addition to the above qualifications, candidates must satisfy UniversityMatriculation requirements.
- Applicants must possess a minimum of five (5) O/Level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Physics and Chemistry obtained at not more than two (2) sittings.
- Applicants should be 17 years of age and above by 19th August 2018.
- Prospective students must write JAMB exams to qualify for admission into the programme. Please note that it is mandatory for candidates to score a minimum of 180 in order to qualify for admission into the programme irrespective of their previous qualifications as regards entry requirement NUC/BCC considers this as “The University Minimum”).
- Following categories of applicants are eligible to apply:
a) Direct Entry applicants with ND Upper Credit or HND Lower Credit or Equivalent in any discipline relevant to Nursing Science from Polytechnics or Monotechnics duly accredited by NUC;
b) Certificate holders with nursing certificates issued by Nursing schools approved by the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria (NMCN);
c) School leavers who have completed their Senior Secondary School Examinations with Five (5) credits passes at not more than two sittings including Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology provided that such candidates have written JAMB examinations scoring 180 and above points will be considered for admission into 100 level through a Joint Admission Board Screening Exercise conducted every year in August; i.e you will be required to come along with your SSCE result(s), certificate from approved nursing school(s), transcript from tertiary institutions attended if any and discharge certificate(s).
For School of Nursing Science (Rural and Urban)
In order to apply for admission into the School of Nursing Science (Rural and Urban), you must possess the following qualifications:
- The General Certificate of Education, Ordinary Level (GCE O’Level) in at least five (5) credit passes in relevant subjects including English language, Mathematics and any three science subjects such as Biology, Chemistry, Physics. Applicants with credit pass in Biology only are also eligible for consideration.
- You must have a minimum of five (5) credits in the General Certificate of Education (GCE) or Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (SSCE). These must include English Language, Mathematics and any Three science subject which include Biology/Agricultural Science, Chemistry/Physics
Candidate possession of at least five (5) credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Physics and Chemistry at wassce/NECO or SSCE/GCE O’Level is required, provided that credits passes in not more than two (2) sittings are obtained.
- you must have at least five (5) credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Physics and Chemistry at wassce/NECO or SSCE/GCE O’Level. This is provided that credits passes are obtained in not more than two (2) sittings
- he/she should be medically fit and present a medical certificate of fitness from the hospital.
METHOD OF APPLICATION AND ADMISSION PROCEDURE
Interested candidates are required to visit the University’s website between Monday 20th August and Friday 7th September 2018, fill and submit application form online.
Candidates can access and fill the application form at http://putme.cu.edu.ng
All payment MUST be made in Naira only, by e-transact platform available at all the Commercial Banks in Nigeria.
The cost of completing the online Application Form is Two Thousand Five Hundred Naira (N2,500:00) only for Application Processing Fee.
Application Processing Fee should be paid in favour of Caritas University through Account Number 6222000044 (Zenith Bank) or 4421123501 (UBA). The applicant’s name must also be written on the teller as depositor’s name, as application forms without evidence of payment will not be processed. All payments MUST be made in Naira only, by e-transact platform available at all the Commercial Banks in Nigeria.
Applicants are to visit the University’s website between Monday 20th August and Friday 7th September 2018 to apply online. Applicants are to pay an application fee of N2,500.00 into any commercial bank using the e-transact platform.
- Applicants are to visit the University’s website between Monday 20th August and Friday 7th September 2018 to apply online. Applicants are to pay an application fee of N2,500.00 into any commercial bank using the e-transact platform.
- Candidates desirous of applying for admission for the 2018/2019 academic session must check instructions on the University website carefully before proceeding with their application.
- Completed Application Forms should be printed out and taken together with their receipts directly to:
a) The Dean, Faculty of Health Sciences, Room A15b, First Floor, General Hospital Campus, Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital (NAUTH), Nnewi; or b) The Head of Department of Nursing Science Main Campus Awka where they would be attended to by designated staff who will guide them through the process and give them a copy of a special scratch card which they will use at the point of registration when called up for admission screening exercise.
Completed application form must be printed out and submitted in person with all relevant documents to the Department of Health Sciences upon payment and schedule for Oral Interview. Applications personally submitted shall be treated preferentially.
Please note that a completed application form (e-form) must be printed out and submitted in person with all relevant documents to the Department of Health Sciences upon payment and schedule for Oral Interview. Applications personally submitted shall be treated preferentially.
Save your e-form as a PDF file before printing it out.
Apply on time
The first thing you must do is apply to the school of your choice on time. There are thousands of students applying to university programs, and applications are only accepted until a certain deadline. If you don’t apply in time, you won’t be considered for admission.
To ensure that your application gets submitted on time, plan ahead and make sure that you give yourself enough time to write your essay and have it proofread before submitting it online.