nursing schools in abuja
nursing schools in abuja
School of Nursing, Asokoro District Hospital
Interested candidates are to apply for the School of Nursing, Asokoro District Hospital. Please call +234-9-4624196 for inquiries and visit the website http://schoolofnursingasokorodistricthospitalabuja.org/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The prospectus can be accessed at https://www.nursingworldngr.net/2017/05/7-list-of-approved-private-and.html
The eligibility criteria is five credits in O’ level including English, Biology, Chemistry and Physics at not more than two sittings; bachelor’s degree in nursing (BNSc) is required; must be registered with the professional body (Nurses and Midwives Council); must have an active practising license; 1 year post registration experience; 2 passport photographs; birth certificate photocopy and DHA licensure certificate.
The duration of the course is 3 months for intensive training and six months for practical training sessions in various settings such as rural outreach programmes, HIV counselling centres, maternal health care, psychiatric settings etc. Tuition fee is N30,000 only per semester plus a refundable caution deposit of N5,000 on admission alongside school materials which cost N10,000 only per semester.
School of Nursing, Gwagwalada Area Council
- Location: GWAGWALADA AREA COUNCIL
- Year established: 1981
- Courses offered: SCHOOL OF NURSING, GWAGWALADA AREA COUNCIL.
- Website: www.fctschoolofnursing.edu.ng/
- Email address: email@example.com
- Phone number(s): 2348039801074, 08127771087, 08033231389, 08054984188.
- Address: Area Council Secretariat Gwagwalada Abuja Nigeria..
- Contact Person(s): Executive Secretary
National Hospital (National Hospital School of Nursing)
The National Hospital School of Nursing (NHSN) is located in the National Hospital, Abuja, Nigeria. The school was founded in 1999 and it is a government owned school. It is a mixed school where both male and female students are admitted to study nursing, midwifery, post basic nursing and post basic midwifery courses.
A good teacher-student ratio which gives students access to both lecturers’ time and attention makes NHSN one of the best schools of nursing in Abuja.
Other noteworthy facilities include:
- Good Quality Hostel for Students: The hostel has about 300 rooms that can accommodate about 600 students each session with excellent water supply services 24 hours a day.
- A Fully Equipped Modern Library: Nigerian Journal of Nursing Sciences (NJNS) from the college library is an online journal that publishes evidence-based articles on clinical practice, research findings and reviews for nurses practicing globally.
Cladell School of Nursing
The Cladell School of Nursing is the best place for you to enroll if you want to start your journey as a nurse. This school is located in Abuja and it was founded in 1999. It’s a private nursing institution that offers both basic and post-basic nursing courses. The school offers full-time, part-time and weekend nursing courses.
Federal Government Girls College Keffi (Federal Government Girls College Keffi School of Nursing)
The Federal Government Girls College Keffi School of Nursing is one of the nursing schools in Abuja that offer a 2 year post basic course to students. The school was established in 2014 and is located in Keffi, Nasarawa State. The school has a capacity of only 100 students at a time and is affiliated with the Nigeria School of Nursing.
Federal Medical Centre (FMC) Jabi (Federal Medical Centre Jabi School of Nursing)
Federal Medical Centre Jabi School of Nursing is located in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja at the Federal Medical Centre Jabi Road.
PMB 115, FCT, Abuja.
Post Basic Diploma (Nursing)
Tel 1: +234-94101862 Tel 2: +234-94109076 Tel 3: +234-8033348464 Tel 4: +234-90214989
Bwari General Hospital School of Nursing
Bwari General Hospital School of Nursing:
- Bwari General Hospital School of Nursing is located in Bwari, a town in Bwari Area Council of Abuja. The school was established in 2006 by the Chief Medical Director, Dr. J. O. Adeosun. It runs a three-year basic nursing programme that leads to the award of Registered Nurse (RN).
- Entry requirements include five credits at WAEC or its equivalent and completion of an entrance examination organized by the school board. However, candidates with other qualifications may still be considered through an interview conducted by the school board and NMCN (Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria).
- The annual intake is limited to 50 students who are selected based on merit as well as their performance in the written test and oral interview conducted by the school board and NMCN.
Here are the nursing schools in Abuja
If you want to study nursing in Abuja, these are the schools you can choose from:
- University of Abuja Teaching Hospital and School of Nursing. Located at Gwagwalada, Abuja Municipal, Federal Capital Territory, Nigeria. Phone: +234 9-5235471.
- College of Health Sciences, University of Jos. Located at 1st Avenue Extension, Jos North Local Government Area, Plateau State, Nigeria. Phone: +234 73-461559.
- Nasarawa State College Of Nursing And Midwifery Keffi. Located at Keffi Local Government Area in Nasarawa State, Nigeria. Phone: +234 80-687777734