nursing schools kenya
nursing schools kenya
Mary Immaculate Nursing School
The Mary Immaculate International Hospital is located along Ngong Road, Nairobi. It offers a variety of nursing courses including Diploma in General Nursing, Diploma in Midwifery and Certificate in Clinical Medicine. The school has well equipped facilities to offer quality training to the students.
The school accepts both local and international students; therefore, if you are an international student you do not have to worry about accommodation because there are several hostels around the area where you can reside during your period of study at the institution.
If you seek more information regarding the school, you can contact them on 0729805033 or email them at [email protected]
Chogoria Girls Nursing School
Oops! Click Regenerate Content below to try generating this section again.
Nairobi Health Training College
Nairobi Health Training College is one of the best nursing training schools in Kenya. It is located in Nairobi county.
The college offers certificate and diploma nursing course. The certificate course takes a period of 18 months while the diploma course takes three years to complete.
All the diploma courses have an entry requirement of KCSE mean grade C- (minus). And for those taking the certificate course, an entry requirement of KCPE with a minimum aggregate score of 200 points or D plain and above will be required.
Contact: +254 20 8062324
KNH Nursing School
The KNH Nursing School is located at the Kenyatta National Hospital, P.O. Box 20723 – 00202 Nairobi, Kenya and it offers the following courses:
- Certificate in surgical nursing
- Certificate in medical ward nursing
- Certificate in community health nursing
Kenyatta University Medical Training College
Kenyatta University Medical Training College is located in Nairobi, Kenya. It’s a constituent college of Kenyatta University. Established in 2012, it is a public university.
Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital School of Nursing
Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital School of Nursing is a public nursing school in Kenya. It is located in Eldoret, the capital city of Uasin Gishu County and a major town in Western Kenya, about 300 kilometres from Nairobi. The school is also known as Moi University School of Nursing.
The school opened its doors to its first intake of students in May 1993 and offered courses such as Diploma in nursing, Community Health Nursing and Enrolled Nurses Training courses. Currently the school offers diploma course programmes to both Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education leavers and certificated nurses with an aim or upgrading their career profile.
Address: Nairobi, Kenya
Programmes offered: Diploma in Nursing
Fees: Ksh. 130,000 per year
Application procedure: If you are a certified nurse or midwife, and you wish to receive a higher nursing qualification (not necessarily from Zetech University), you may apply for admission by sending an application letter to the admissions office of Zetech University. A registration fee of Kshs. 2,000 must be paid before receiving an application form.
Contacts: +254 709 533 000 or +254 739 533 000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Kijabe School of Nursing
As a constituent college of the Africa Nazarene University, Kijabe School of Nursing offers its students a high-quality education in nursing. The school is located in Rift Valley Province, Kijabe. Its motto is Yongereni na Upendo (Youth and Love).
Kijabe School of Nursing was established in 1911. Originally called “Kenya Mission Hospital Training School for Nurses,” the school was renamed “School for African Nurses” in 1920. The school changed its name to “Kijabe School of Nursing” in 1963.
Top nursing schools in Kenya
If you are looking to pursue an education in nursing, Kenya offers a number of schools with dedicated facilities and staff.
- Mary Immaculate Nursing School – This school is located in Nakuru and is affiliated with the Catholic church.
- Chogoria Girls Nursing School – Located in Meru County, this institution is part of the Chogoria Mission hospital.
- Nairobi Health Training College – The college boasts state-of-the-art equipment for students to learn on, as well as clinical facilities located at the nearby Kenyatta National Hospital.
- KNH Nursing School – An institution within the Kenyatta National Hospital grounds, this school trains its students using advanced simulation labs to give them hands-on experience before they graduate.
- Kenyatta University Medical Training College – This college has multiple campuses around Kenya and offers both degree programs and short courses for nurses who want additional training. They have partnerships with hospitals around the country so that students can gain real clinical experience while studying towards their degrees or certificates.
- Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital School of Nursing – This school offers a degree program in nursing as well as postgraduate diploma opportunities for nurses who already have their Bachelor’s degrees.