nursing schools without a waiting list
nursing schools without a waiting list
A top-ranked private university, Georgetown is located in Washington, D.C. and has been helping students change the world since 1789. The school’s online nursing program features a rigorous curriculum designed to prepare students to work as a nurse or advance their careers in healthcare with an APRN degree. Georgetown University School of Nursing & Health Studies offers undergraduate, graduate, certificate and continuing education programs that are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). The faculty members have decades of experience working in the field of nursing and education and are committed to providing students with an unparalleled educational experience.
master of science in nursing (MSN)
An MSN is the final step in becoming a nurse, and it involves about seven more years of schooling and the hands-on experience you’ll need to reach your goals. In order to get an MSN, you must first complete a BSN degree. That’s a lot of studying, combined with all sorts of laboratory practice and volunteering. It can be tricky, especially if you don’t have that much time or jobs because you’re also going to school while working full-time.
Once you’ve completed your program, you may choose to apply for National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX) certification. This test will determine whether or not you can practice as a RN outside of the U.S., and some states require this knowledge before they will grant licensure.
There are many options for obtaining an MSN Degree—community college nursing programs are often affordable and offer part-time nursing students the opportunity to obtain their BSN after two years at minimal cost; other schools are far more expensive but still a possibility if money is tight.—but we recommend taking courses from one of our top picks: The University of Northern Colorado (UNC) offers an attractive program with high-quality instructors who really care about their students’ success in getting an MSN degree; UNC has several locations in Colorado Springs, Denver and Fort Collins (located in beautiful Rocky Mountain country), so there’s little excuse not to attend classes here if they’re convenient for your schedule.
bachelors of science in nursing (BSN) to doctor of nursing practice (DNP)
There are some colleges and universities that offer bachelor’s degrees in nursing, but those programs typically only provide a certificate or associate degree after the student has completed an extensive program of study. Other than that, they’re not terribly useful.
Things are different when it comes to doctor of nursing practice (DNP) programs. Nursing schools do not begin with an academic degree to put on their diploma jackets; instead, they start at the bottom and work their way up—and you can do that online.
post-master’s certificate programs
If you’re a registered nurse, a post-masters certificate in nursing can help you earn more money and further your career. The curriculum for these programs is customized to reflect your interests and goals as well as the needs of the field. Post-master’s certificate programs may focus on:
- Critical care
- Emergency department nursing
- Management of clinical information systems
- Nurse practitioner studies
doctor of philosophy in nursing
For students interested in training to become nurses, we offer a Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing program. This course of study will help you reach your goal of becoming a nurse, and the benefits when compared to other types of schools are immense. As many people know, the demand for nurses is increasing all the time, and so it’s important that you get the best possible training when learning how to become a nurse. Our program offers cutting-edge classes taught by extraordinary professors as well as opportunities to take part in unique research projects. There are also plenty of opportunities for studying with other likeminded scholars with whom you can form lifelong friendships and professional networks.
Learn more about Georgetown University’s online program to become a nurse.
Interested in learning more about Georgetown University’s online program to become a nurse? Here are some things that you should know:
- What type of programs do they offer? A: All nursing students at Georgetown study the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN). Students can also choose to complete a minor in one of these areas if they wish: Applied Analytics, Business Administration, Leadership, Finance, Marketing and Global Business.
- What is the tuition for this program? A: The current tuition for all undergraduate students at Georgetown is $51,400 per year. However, more than 60% of undergraduate students receive financial aid. Additionally, over $200 million dollars is awarded to undergraduates each year in the form of scholarships and grants. With such a high percentage of students receiving financial aid and the large amount of scholarship money awarded each year, it’s possible that your actual cost may be lower than listed here.
- How long does this program last? A: This program consists of 180 academic credits which will take four years to complete if you are attending as a full-time student.