nursing training colleges in usa
American Career College
American Career College, a private institution, offers a large number of educational opportunities and programs. Located in the city of Los Angeles, California, it is an urban setting for students to study in. The school enrolls around two thousand students yearly.
American Career College offers many programs for students to choose from. Here is a list of some of the more popular programs offered:
Massage Therapy/Therapeutic Massage
Medical Radiologic Technology/Science – Radiation Therapist
Everest College is one of the most prestigious colleges for nursing training in the USA. Their nursing program is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). Everest College has its campuses in:
- Phoenix, AZ
- Tucson, AZ
- Vancouver, WA
- Fort Worth, TX
- Salt Lake City, UT
- Everett, WA
- North Aurora, IL
The college offers various programs such as medical assistant training programs and dental assistant training programs. Some of the facilities offered by Everest College include library (a virtual library) services such as e-books and e-journals. Everest College provides career services to students like resume writing and interview techniques for job search. The faculty also includes personnel from top hospitals where students can work as interns during their education program itself. The admissions department at Everest College offers financial aid to deserving students like scholarships or government grants. The tuition fees vary according to the program you want to pursue plus your educational background but are generally affordable compared to other colleges in America.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university in Florida with its main campus based in Fort Lauderdale. It opened in 1977 and is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Schools and Colleges. Keiser University offers undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degree programs across four colleges:
- College of Arts & Sciences
- College of Business
- College of Chiropractic Medicine
- College of Nursing & Health Sciences
In addition to its main campus, Keiser University has satellite campuses on 14 locations across Florida as well as two international campuses in Latin America. This makes it one of the largest universities in Florida.
South University is a not-for-profit, private university that offers associates, bachelors, masters and doctoral degrees in nursing. It has its main campus in Savannah, Georgia and has over 20 campuses across the United States. The institution was founded in 1899 and currently has a student population of over 15,000. One of the most impressive things about this college is that it offers an online master’s degree program in nursing informatics. This allows students to study while earning an income at their regular jobs or taking care of their families.
South University also provides financial aid for students who qualify for assistance to ensure that everyone gets to pursue higher education no matter their financial background.
Kaplan University is a for-profit college in the United States. It is owned by Kaplan, Inc., a subsidiary of the Graham Holdings Company.
Kaplan University is primarily a distance learning institution of higher education. It also has 16 ground locations across the United States.
Oops! Click Regenerate Content below to try generating this section again.
The University of Texas at Arlington
The University of Texas at Arlington (UTA or UT Arlington) is a public research university located in Arlington, Texas, midway between Dallas and Fort Worth. The university was founded in 1895 and was in the Texas A&M University System for several decades until joining The University of Texas System in 1965.
It is the second largest undergraduate population of The University of Texas System. The Carnegie Foundation in 2016 classified UT Arlington as one of 115 universities with “highest research activity.” It has also been noted for its engineering program, graduate nursing program, music program, computer science and business programs.
- Undergraduate nursing students are eligible to receive scholarships from this college through the College’s Nursing Scholarship Program. This scholarship aims to support students who have demonstrated academic excellence by providing financial help to foster their academic growth while they undertake rigorous coursework during the semester. For more information on how to apply visit the College’s website at http://www.uta.edu/nursing/students/undergraduates/nsp/.
Western Governors University
Western Governors University is a private institution that was founded in 1997. It has a total undergraduate enrollment of 41,046, its setting is urban, and the campus size is n/a. It utilizes a semester-based academic calendar. Western Governors University’s ranking in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges is Regional Universities West, 15. Its tuition and fees are $6,190 (2017-18).
This school’s student population is predominantly female. A large number of students at Western Governors University scored between 80 and 100 on the ACT exam, indicating that they ranked within the top 25% nationally for ACT scores as high school seniors graduating in 2015. Admission to Western Governors University requires at least 5 acceptance letters from other colleges or universities.*
In athletics, Western Governors University competes in the Championships of Association of Independent Institutions conference*
CollegeAmerica Flagstaff Campus
Oops! Click Regenerate Content below to try generating this section again.
The University of Texas at Austin School of Nursing
The University of Texas at Austin School of Nursing is a public university located in Austin, TX. It’s fairly small, with an enrollment of only 1,172 undergraduate students. The university has a high acceptance rate – just 28% of applicants are admitted to the school.
Its graduates have a 98% employment rate and the school ranked number 1 for nursing programs in the USA by U.S News & World Report (2019).
It offers a traditional BSN program, as well as an accelerated BSN program that is designed for people who already hold a bachelor’s degree in another field and want to be nurses. This takes 16 months to complete and requires 3 semesters and 2 summer sessions.
UT also offers online accelerated BSN, MSN and DNP programs for students who aren’t able to attend classes on campus in Austin.
These colleges have the best nursing programs in America.
When considering the best nursing schools, three qualities are key:
- Name recognition: You’ve probably heard of the schools that make this list. They’re famous for good reason—they provide high-quality education, enjoy generous funding from research grants, and attract top faculty members.
- Top-notch facilities: The buildings where you learn affect your learning experience. If your school has a state-of-the-art simulation lab, you have more opportunities to practice surgical techniques and hone your decision making skills than if your college only has a few mannequins on which to practice basic procedures. Likewise, the newer a building is, the less likely it is that you’ll have to put up with broken elevators and malfunctioning air conditioning systems. Lab equipment should be up to date as well; otherwise it may not parallel real life circumstances after graduation as closely as it should.
- Funding for students: Some schools are generous in providing scholarships or financial aid programs specifically targeted to nursing students. This is especially important given that getting an advanced degree can be expensive! If there’s limited funding available at some schools while others will help you cover costs through scholarships or work study programs, that’s definitely something worth considering before you enroll in college!