Today, more than ever before, nurses are in high demand. According to the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN), there is currently an estimated shortage of more than one million registered nurses in the United States alone. In fact, even as recently as 2016 many states were experiencing a shortage of critical care nurses. In addition to this, demand for APRNs (advanced practice registered nurses) is also on the rise due to the projected increase in patient load over time due to an aging population base. All these factors make it imperative that nursing students understand how important it is for them to pursue online masters degree programs—especially if they want any chance at making their dream job into reality!
Online Masters Degree Programs For Nursing
1 Online Masters Degree Programs For Nursing
Online nursing degree programs are offered at many colleges and universities. Online nursing degree programs can be a great option for working nurses who want to advance their careers.
The flexibility of an online program means that you can still work full-time while earning your degree, which is something that cannot be done in brick-and-mortar schools.
2 What To Look For In An Online Nursing Program
There are many factors to consider when choosing an online nursing program, including:
- Accreditation. This is the most important factor in determining the credibility of your degree and how it will be viewed by employers. While there are many accrediting agencies for higher education institutions, some carry more weight than others. The National League for Nursing (NLN) and Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) are two such agencies that represent top-tier nursing schools.
- Course offerings. How many courses does the school offer? Are they sufficient for getting your degree? If you want to study a specific area within nursing or advance your career past becoming an RN, will your program support this goal?
- Cost and payment options. What is the cost of tuition per credit hour? Can you pay by installments over time or do you have to pay all at once upfront? How much financial aid do they offer students who need it most?
3 Do Your Research
Online degrees are not a new concept, but they’re still relatively new to the nursing field. Because of this, you should take some time to do your research before you choose an online program.
- Look for accredited schools. Accreditation is the best way to ensure that your school has met high standards and is reputable. You can find out if a school is accredited by checking with the Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or other organizations like it.
- Look for schools that offer online degrees in nursing and consider how well-known they are for distance learning programs in general; these are great indicators of how successful their online degree programs will be as well as whether or not they have experience with distance learners from around the world who speak multiple languages and come from diverse backgrounds than yours!
- Make sure that any school you consider has either been around for many years or has been started by someone who has worked in education/training long enough
4 What Is The Difference Between A Registered Nurse And Advanced Practice Registered Nurse?
As a registered nurse, you’ll be trained to provide direct patient care. You’ll be responsible for interviewing patients and performing physical exams, as well as administering medications and treatments. You may also help diagnose or treat disease. Advanced practice nurses have extensive training in a specialty area (such as pediatrics or oncology). They are able to diagnose and treat patients.
5 Advancement With An MSN Degree
If you’re looking for an MSN degree, there are a variety of advanced practice registered nurse (APRN) certifications to choose from. An APRN can work in any number of specialties, including:
- Nurse practitioner (NP)
- Clinical nurse specialist (CNS)
- Nurse anesthetist (CRNA)
- Nurse midwife (CNM)
If you have your heart set on one of these roles, there are many online programs that can help you achieve it!
6 Why Should I Get An MSN?
An MSN is a master’s degree that allows you to become an advanced practitioner. It’s offered by many schools in the U.S., and it can be completed on campus or online. An MSN will provide you with knowledge related to your area of study, including research and theory as well as practical application within your field.
You may choose an MSN if you’re interested in:
- Becoming an advanced practitioner
- Learning more about research and theory related to your chosen field of study
- Increasing the amount of time before having to obtain another degree (such as a doctorate)
7 The Nursing Shortage Situation In The US
The United States is facing a nursing shortage. The US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) predicts that by 2020, there will be over 500,000 job openings for registered nurses and licensed practical/vocational nurses. This number does not include the expected growth in patient population due to the aging baby boomer generation.
The BLS report also found that:
- The demand for registered nurses (RNs) will increase by 19% between 2010 and 2020;
- The demand for licensed practical/vocational nurses (LPNs) will increase by 27%; and
- There will be an average annual growth rate of 15% in new graduates in all healthcare occupations through 2022.
8 Our website will help you make the best decision for your future by finding the right Masters in Nursing program for you.
Our website will help you make the best decision for your future by finding the right Masters in Nursing program for you. We have a list of schools and programs that offer online degrees, and we can help you find one that is both affordable and meets all of your needs.
The first step to choosing an online nursing degree program is deciding what type of degree you want to get: Master’s or PhD? Our site can help with this decision as well. If money is an issue, there are many grants and scholarships available for students who need financial aid so that they can afford college tuition without having to take out student loans. We will show you how to apply for these grants so that they can be used towards paying off part or all of your tuition costs when it comes time to start paying back those loans!
If you are looking for an online masters degree program in nursing and have a passion for helping others, then this is the perfect choice. Our website will help you make the best decision for your future by finding the right Masters in Nursing program for you.