The University of Ontario Institute of Technology (UOIT) is a public university located in Oshawa, Ontario. The school offers over 35 degree programs and has an annual enrollment of more than 7,000 students. The majority of these students are undergraduate students, but the school also offers several graduate programs. Tuition at UOIT is broken down into three categories: full-time undergraduate programs, part-time undergraduate programs and postgraduate studies.
Ontario Tech University Tuition
- Current fees: $8,600
- This includes tuition and ancillary fees. It does not include accommodation, textbooks or food. You will also need a laptop for your studies (roughly $1,000) and/or a phone ($200).
If you withdraw from the university, you may be eligible for a refund of your tuition fees. If you are registered as a full-time student and withdraw from all courses in one term, your cancellation fee will be reduced by 50%.
If you withdraw after the first week of classes then no refund is provided unless it is approved by the Director of Admissions and Records.
Students who are receiving OSAP/Pell Grant funding must notify Student Financial Services within 30 days or by July 29th if withdrawing from Fall 2019. If this deadline is missed then any funds received will be considered an overpayment and will have to be repaid in full.
The minimum payment is $500, and it’s due on the first day of the month. If you’ve attended for one month, it’s due at the beginning of your second month.
The minimum payment is $500, and it’s due on the first day of the month after two months have passed.
The maximum payment is based on the total amount of tuition and fees for your program.
The payment plan will be available once you have registered for classes, but not before then.
Incurred during a prior academic year
You are required to submit the following information:
- Student name and ID number
- Address (including city, province or state, postal code and country)
- Email address (if applicable)
- Phone number (if applicable)
- Date of birth
- Citizenship status
- Admission type
- Program type
- Program of study
Accommodation fees and contracts
- The cost of accommodation is included in the tuition fee. In other words, it cannot be refunded nor transferred to another student or institution. If you wish to move from one residence to another during your stay at OBU, please contact the Housing office for details on how to request this change.
- The cost of accommodation is not transferable to another year (for example, if you are considering staying for a second year). If you do choose to stay for a second year, then you will have your room assigned again according to availability and space at that time.
First-year students should pay by the instalment payment plan.
If you are a first-year student and have been accepted to the University of Ontario Institute of Technology, we will require that you pay your tuition fees in four payments. The first payment is due on August 1st, 2019; the second payment is due on January 15th, 2020; third and fourth instalment payments will be made every two months until graduation begins (usually in June).
If you are currently enrolled in one of our programs but have not yet graduated or earned an Ontario college diploma/certificate for this session then we do not accept instalment payments from you at this time. This also applies if you are attending an off-campus program through our partner schools around North America such as Purdue University or Michigan State University (MSU).
For those who are enrolled in co-op placements based out of our downtown Toronto facility please refer back to [our website](https://www2.ontarioedu/coop) for more information about how these work
Remember to check the university’s website for more details on how to pay your tuition fees.