Project-based learning (PBL) is a method of teaching that focuses on understanding and applying concepts through projects. It’s a great way to teach students how to apply their skills in new situations, prepare them for the real world, and help them become more independent learners.
Pbl Project Based Learning Ideas
Building an airplane
The project-based learning activity I will be doing is building an airplane. This lesson will teach the students about the history of aviation, how airplanes work, and what types of airplanes exist.
In this lesson we will have a class discussion about aviation to get them excited about building a plane. We will then break into groups and each group will build their own plane using real materials (paper plates, markers and tape). After they have built their planes they can decorate them however they want!
Designing a building
- Designing a building is a great project for students to become familiar with architectural concepts. They can learn about the different types of buildings, the materials used to build them and how they are constructed.
- It’s important that you choose this project if you have a student who has an interest in building design or architecture.
Creating a business
- Create a business plan.
- Develop a marketing strategy.
- Create a budget for the business.
- Decide on your logo, name and slogan.
- Create a website to promote your business; include all the information you would want potential customers to know about it, including: what products or services you offer and how much they cost; how their money will be spent (e.g., salaries); what happens if they don’t pay their bills on time (e.g., late fees). Include photos or videos of your products/services so that people know what they’ll get if they buy from you rather than from someone else! If possible, create an email address for this brand so people can contact you directly through it instead of having to call them up! We recommend creating both Google Docs pages as well as PowerPoint presentations because there are lots more ways students can use these formats in school – not just at home!
Building a parachute
A parachute is a device that is used to slow the motion of an object through an atmosphere by creating drag, or resistance to motion. Parachutes are usually made out of lightweight fabric, such as nylon, and are deployed by a ripcord.
You can make a parachute for yourself with flaps and weights. To test your parachute, grab some friends and have them hold the ends of it while you hold onto one side. The person holding on to the other side should then let go so that you drop from about 10 feet high. If it works correctly, your parachute will slow your fall and make it much easier for you to land safely on the ground below! If not, try experimenting with different materials until you find something that works best for your needs!
Making a better light bulb
As you know, a light bulb is a device that produces light. Its purpose is to illuminate spaces and provide enough light to see in them.
- The different parts of a light bulb include: the filament (or coil), which is made up of tungsten or carbon; the glass enclosure; and the base, which holds everything together.
- There are two types of primary light bulbs: incandescent and LED (light-emitting diode). An incandescent bulb contains a filament that heats up when electricity passes through it, producing visible light. LEDs contain an electric current that causes elements inside them (such as gallium nitride) to emit photons—atomic particles that make up all forms of electromagnetic radiation including visible light.* Because they don’t require any kind of external heating source like incandescents do, LEDs last much longer than other types of bulbs.* In fact, some manufacturers claim their products can last up to 100 times longer than traditional incandescents!
Designing a skatepark
A skatepark is a place where skaters can practice their skills, or simply hang out. They provide a safe environment for people to have fun, so they’re usually located in public parks or on private property. Skateparks should be designed with certain features that make them safe and easy to use:
- A smooth surface: The park should have plenty of smooth surfaces without holes or cracks large enough to get your foot stuck in.
- Flat curb banks: Curb banks help beginners learn how to stop by rolling off the side of the curb bank instead of hitting it at speed and losing control of their board.
- Gaps between obstacles: This keeps your feet from getting stuck while you’re riding down an obstacle like stairs or rails.
Organizing a community event
- What is a community event?
A community event can be any activity that brings members of your community together. It may be an annual festival, a benefit concert, or a neighborhood cleanup. In order to create an event that will help you meet your goals and make lasting connections with others, consider the following:
- Why organize a community event?
Organizing an event connects people in your community on multiple levels. When people share experiences—and even take part in them together—they feel closer to one another and more willing to support each other’s ideas for change in their local area.
PBL is very important to the long-term learning and development of students.
PBL is an instructional methodology that allows students to apply their knowledge in real-world situations. It helps them develop skills, such as critical thinking and problem solving, that are needed for both college and work environments.
PBL can be used in many different subject areas including math, science, social studies and language arts.
PBL is a great way to engage students in their learning and help them build skills that will last a lifetime. Students gain an understanding of how things work, which is essential in today’s world where many jobs require advanced technology. By using PBL in the classroom, teachers can focus on higher-order thinking skills while keeping students engaged with real-world problems that they’ll encounter when they leave school.