The PSIA-AASP Foundation Competitive Scholarships are designed to assist PSIA-AASP member student’s future education.
The PSIA-AASP Foundation Competitive Scholarships are designed to assist PSIA-AASP member student’s future education. There are four (4) annual scholarships with a value of $1,500 each, plus one (1) additional scholarship at the discretion of the scholarship committee. All applications will be reviewed by a Scholarship Committee comprised of members of both PSIA and AASP Boards. The first place winners will be awarded $1,500; second place winners will be awarded $500; and third place winners will receive a complimentary Full Conference registration for the Symposium in Austin, TX April 27 – May 1, 2018.
All applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Applications must be received at the national office by December 15th 2017 to ensure applicant is eligible for consideration for a national award.
- Complete this online application form
- Submit an essay that addresses how your current or future studies can benefit from attending APS2018
- Respond to two short essay questions regarding your career motivations and goals
- Upload a letter from your advisor that supports your request for funding
Please note: Incomplete applications may not be considered during selections.* Please note that APS reserves the right to publish any submitted content on our website and in other media outlets such as newsletters.*
Scholarships range from $1,000 – $3,000 each.
These scholarships are divided into four categories.
Two-Year College Scholarship
To be eligible for the two-year college scholarship, the applicant must:
- Be a high school senior or first year college student enrolled at an accredited two-year college program in a ski area management or snow sports related program.
- Be a member of the PSIA-E Education Foundation, with a minimum of one full season of membership eligibility completed before applying. Membership dues are $15 per season (October 1 – September 30).
Four-Year College Scholarship
To be eligible for the four-year college scholarship, the applicant must:
- Be a current high school senior planning to enroll as a full-time student at an accredited four-year institution and pursuing studies in business, engineering, marketing/public relations, architecture/design, education or other field of study within ski area management or snow sports (student must be attending university within 5 years of high school graduation).
Note that this is not an application. You are requesting a resume submission form and will receive a link in your email once approved.
You cannot apply for the scholarship on this page. You need to request a resume submission form.
The form will ask for information about your previous job experience, academic achievements, and other pertinent details.
After you have submitted the form, we will review your information, and if you meet the necessary qualifications, we will send you a link to the official application in your email.
Once the applicant enters their information they’ll be asked to upload a resume in either pdf or doc format. This can include their educational achievements, special projects, and an overview of their work experience.
- Resumes should be uploaded in either pdf or doc format and limited to two pages.
Ideally, applicants will include their educational achievements, special projects, and an overview of their work experience.
A group of industry leaders will anonymously review the resume submissions and choose up to three winners for each scholarship category.
The PSIA scholarship committee is made up of industry leaders from all areas of the business and includes:
- Todd Rogers, Data & Marketing Analytics
- Tim Sullivan, Product Management
- Kathleen Glover, Business Development
- Mitch Vernon, Data Sales
- Sue Johnson, Bureau Operations & Strategy
- Susan Swain, Research Quality
- Kim Kovach, Research Quality Management
- Mike McKenna, Customer Service
Check out these awesome future instructor scholarships!
PSIA-AASP Foundation Competitive Scholarships are designed to assist PSIA-AASP member students’ future education.
The scholarships range from $1,000 – $3,000 each. The maximum number of awards given is 5 per year.
Application Deadline: May 1
Congratulations to our 2019 scholarship winners!