Requirements For University Of Southern California
The University of Southern California, commonly referred to as USC or SC, is a private research university in Los Angeles, California. It was founded in 1880 and opened its doors in 1883. The university enrols around 36,000 students and has 2 campuses: the Health Sciences Campus located in downtown Los Angeles and the main campus located at Westside Village. The university offers undergraduate programs, graduate programs and doctorates through 19 schools/colleges.
ACT or SAT exam may be required before applying
- ACT or SAT exam may be required before applying for some programs
- ACT or SAT exam may be required before applying for some majors
- ACT or SAT exam may be required before applying for some colleges
IELTS, TOEFL or PTE scores are Required for some programs
The IELTS, TOEFL or PTE are required for the following programs:
- Master of Fine Arts in Theatre, Creative Writing and Screenwriting (except MFA Playwrights)
- Master of Science in Computer Science – Information Systems, Computer Science – Software Engineering, Computer Science – Game Development and Design, IT Management & Marketing Advanced Degree Programs
- Master of Arts in Psychology (excluding Clinical Psychology), Education Leadership and Policy Studies, Organizational Behavior and Human Resources Management Advanced Degree Programs
Letter of Recommendation are required in some Programs
Letters of Recommendation are required in some Programs. The number required varies by Program and will be listed in the respective departmental section of the USC Graduate School website.
The Letter of Recommendation should be written by someone who can attest to your academic ability and leadership potential. The signature must appear on each page of the letter, which must be printed on official paper from your school or employer (examples: official letterhead, business card). Letters may not be written on a computer printed page or emailed as an attachment to any other file type (example: Microsoft Word doc). Letters must include full contact information for the writer so we can reach them easily with questions.
You may choose up to 3 recommenders who have knowledge of your academic record, professional experience and/or personal qualities that will assist us in evaluating your application for admission into graduate school at USC. Letters are kept confidential by Graduate Admissions Committee members; however letters may become public information if you decide to apply for financial aid from our office after being admitted into graduate study at USC
GPA requirements for universities worldwide
If you’re applying for a university, it’s important to know how many A-levels you need and what your GPA should be. However, these requirements vary widely by university and program—in fact, they often change significantly from year to year.
Here are some typical GPA requirements:
Test Scores- Minimum required scores for TOEFL is 90, IELTS score is 6.5 and a minimum 3.0 on the Speaking section for the PTE.
Test Scores – Minimum required scores for TOEFL is 90, IELTS score is 6.5 and a minimum 3.0 on the Speaking section for the PTE.
The TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) and IELTS (International English Language Testing System) are standard tests for non-native English speakers to demonstrate their proficiency in reading, writing, listening and speaking. The results from these exams will be used by USC to determine students’ eligibility for admission into its undergraduate programs. Students must have an official score report sent directly from ETS or IELTS to USC’s Office of Undergraduate Admission at least two weeks prior to submitting their application materials.
The application fee is 70 USD
- The application fee is 70 USD.
- It is a one-time fee, nonrefundable and non-transferable.
- Payment can be made online or in person by cash, check or money order payable to the University of Southern California.
These are the Main Requirements For University Of Southern California
- ACT or SAT exam may be required before applying depending on the program.
- IELTS, TOEFL or PTE scores are Required for some programs.
- Letter of Recommendation are required in some Programs.
GPA requirements for universities worldwide
We hope that this information has been helpful to you in your college search. If you have any questions about the requirements for University Of Southern California or any other universities worldwide, please feel free to contact us. We’ll be happy to assist you!