scholarship in russia
Scholarship in Russia:
The Russian Federation offers scholarships to international students and local citizens every year. These scholarships are offered by the government of the Russian Federation through the Ministry of Education and Science. It is a fully funded scholarship which covers full tuition, free accommodation, monthly living allowance, one-time travel costs, insurance coverage and other added benefits.
The aim of the study in russia scholarship is to promote international academic mobility and cooperation with foreign countries as well as to improve educational programs for Russian students and faculty staff for acquiring new knowledge about modern trends in science and education.
The Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation has developed a program called “Study in Russia” – a single platform to find all available opportunities for foreign students. In addition, it provides access to the official site of universities and colleges. All general information about higher education institutions (academic programs, admission requirements, university rankings) is presented here.
The sphere of science in Russia is largely built on the achievements of outstanding scientists and inventors who have made their contribution to the development of global science and culture. The Russian Academy of Sciences was founded by Peter I, who was also its first President. The Academy’s structure includes more than 500 research institutes and laboratories, as well as 38 branches located throughout the country. A number of prominent scholars from around the world are elected as Honorary Members or Corresponding Members every year for their significant scientific achievements.
Some educational institutions focus on particular fields: humanities, natural sciences, mathematics, engineering and technology etc. Professors who work at these universities are among leading researchers in their respective fields both in Russia and globally. At present times there are over 20 leading scientists among academics at Moscow State University alone – Corresponding Members or Academician Members of National Academies across Europe including Great Britain, France and Germany; winners of Nobel Prize; prize winners at European Union Contest Euroskills 2008; four State Prizes Laureates etc
Russian Sector of Higher Education provides students ample opportunity for study and research
The Russian Federation has attained a leading position in the world in the areas of space research, nuclear technology and other high-technology fields. Russia owes its top ranking in science to its well-developed system of higher education. The Russian sector of higher education provides students ample opportunity for study and research in nearly all spheres of modern science, including those that are most highly developed and those that are actively developing.
Today the system comprises over 600 institutions for higher learning, including more than 100 universities offering a wide range of specialized training programs. The Russian educational style is based on a strong system of academic research. Students have an opportunity to take part in fundamental and applied research at university laboratories under the supervision of specialists with academic degrees who are also members of academies or have received state awards for their work.
The scholarship program for foreign citizens is a government priority in the area of international policy.
The scholarship program for foreign citizens is a government priority in the area of international policy. Scholarships are awarded on the basis of competition. Scholarships are available for the whole duration of the course of study, except for one-time academic grants. They include a monthly allowance and tuition fees, as well as medical insurance (except for scholarships that do not cover accommodation).
Russia offers a number of scholarships to international students, both from countries which have signed bilateral agreements with Russian Federation, and from other countries as well.
Russia offers a number of scholarships to international students, both from countries which have signed bilateral agreements with Russian Federation, and from other countries as well. These scholarships are offered at the expense of budget and specially created funds.
Russian Government Scholarship is a scholarship which is funded by the Russian Government for international students. It provides full or partial financial aid for those who wish to study in Russia, with an academic year duration of 10 months (September – June). The scholarship covers a number of expenses such as tuition fees, student visa fees and registration costs.
Eligibility Criteria for Scholarship
Eligibility Criteria for Scholarship
In order to be eligible for scholarship, you must:
- Be a citizen of a foreign country;
- Have completed secondary education (12 years) or higher education prior to arrival in Russia. If you have received a diploma of complete secondary education abroad, then you must submit it to the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation for recognition;
- Have a good command of Russian or English (depending on the language of instruction at the university);
- Be enrolled in a full-time degree program at one of the universities in Russia or have applied for admission.
Documents required for Scholarships to study in Russia.
You need to provide the following documents for scholarship to study in Russia.
- Age Limit. All foreign students who are applying for scholarship in Russia should not be more than 35 years old.
- Proof of Qualifications. You have to submit a notarized copy of your academic qualifications at the time of application for scholarships to study in Russia. If you have any work experience, you must submit the document that proves the same as well otherwise you will not be eligible for scholarships in Russia.
- Proof of English Proficiency. It is very important that you demonstrate a strong command over English language or Russian language while applying for scholarship in Russia as all classes are offered either in English or Russian medium only.
- Passport copy and photos. To apply for scholarship to study abroad, you will require your passport (validity should be minimum 18 months) along with two passport size photographs (3 x 4 cm).