Scholarships At The University Of Maryland
The University of Maryland is a public research university that was founded in 1856. It has two satellite campuses, one in Montgomery County, Maryland and the other in Prince George’s County, Maryland. It also has a medical school in Baltimore that was established by an act of state legislature in 1807. The university’s main campus is located within easy access to Baltimore City and Washington D.C., which enables students to take advantage of numerous cultural opportunities as well as career opportunities after graduation through internships or co-ops with local businesses such as Microsoft or the U.S Department of Homeland Security…
Future Terp Leaders
If you’re a Maryland resident and have demonstrated leadership skills and academic success, this scholarship might be right for you. The Future Terp Leaders program is open to all students who are in good academic standing at the University of Maryland, with a minimum GPA of 3.0 and are in the top 15% of their class. Students must also be first-generation college students who demonstrate financial need.
No Need for Essay or Transcripts
The University of Maryland’s (UMD) need-based scholarship program is open to all UMD students who meet the following criteria:
- Are Maryland residents
- Are undergraduate, degree-seeking students entering their sophomore year at UMD. If you are currently a freshman and wish to apply for the scholarship, you must be in good academic standing with at least 30 credits earned.
- Have an expected family contribution less than $3,000 per year (for example, if your parents’ adjusted gross income was $60,000 last year).
Guaranteed funding of $9,000/year
Guaranteed funding of $9,000/year is available to freshmen and transfer students who are Maryland residents. Students must apply by April 1.
Guaranteed funding of $10,000 per year plus a standard financial aid package is available to freshmen and transfer students who are Maryland residents. Students must apply by April 1.
Financial need is NOT considered
The MdSPE Foundation scholarship is open to all students, regardless of financial need. You do not have to be a freshman or transfer student; you can apply for this scholarship even if you are already enrolled at University of Maryland. Even if you are not a resident of Maryland, it doesn’t matter. In other words, the only requirements are that:
- You have been admitted to the College Park campus as an undergraduate or graduate student;
- You will be enrolled full time (12 credits per semester); and
- Your application includes two letters of recommendation from faculty members who know your academic performance well enough for their comments about you to be meaningful in assessing your potential for success at UMD’s College Park Campus
“Guaranteed funding of $10,000 per year plus a standard financial aid package is available to freshmen and transfer students who are Maryland residents. Students must apply by April 1.”
If you’re a resident of Maryland and are looking for a scholarship to help you pay for your college education at the University of Maryland, then look no further. The Guaranteed Funding of $10,000 per year plus a standard financial aid package is available to freshmen and transfer students who are Maryland residents. Students must apply by April 1 in order to be eligible.
We hope that we have given you enough information on the scholarships offered at University of Maryland. If you are interested in this program, then all you need to do is apply before April 1. The application process is simple and easy and there are no essays or transcripts required!