scholarships to uk
List of Scholarships in the UK for International Students
Scholarships in UK for International Students
There are a number of scholarships available to help international students pay their tuition fees and living costs while they’re studying at a UK university. You can find out more about the different types of funding you might be eligible for as an international student by reading our guide to finance for overseas students. Or, use our course search tool to discover Masters degrees taught in English that offer scholarships for international students. Or, if you want to study in your own language, check out these German Scholarships and French Scholarships for postgraduate research students.
Below is a list of some of the most popular scholarships available for international students:
- Chevening Scholarship: These are funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations worldwide and are awarded to outstanding scholars with leadership potential from over 100 countries. The scheme offers full or part funding to undertake any eligible master’s degree at any UK university while also gaining access to a wide range of exclusive academic, professional, and cultural events. You can apply here (applications open in August). Deadline: November 2018.
- Commonwealth Scholarship: Funded by the Department For International Development (DFID), these awards aim to provide support for PhD level research studies at universities throughout England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. It is open to both new and continuing candidates who are citizens of developing Commonwealth countries (apart from refugees), who would not otherwise be able to study in the United Kingdom due to financial constraint or limited educational opportunities in their home countries.(The deadline has passed but there is currently a waiting list – check here.)
- Marshall Scholarship: Open only USA citizens aged under 30 years old on 1st October 2018; this programme offers up 40-50 grants per year enabling American citizens “to study anything at any UK institution” with preference given towards applicants who have already obtained admission into their chosen British university before applying. Find out more here (app
Chevening Scholarships are fully funded scholarships that are awarded to exceptional individuals with leadership potential. These individuals will have also have a strong academic background, and be working towards an advanced postgraduate degree at a UK institution.
The scholarships cover tuition fees, travel costs to and from the UK, you’ll receive an arrival allowance and establishment grant when you arrive in the UK. You’ll also receive money for living expenses in London during your first month there before heading off to your home university. The scholarship is worth up to £30,000 (approximately US$39,000 or AUS$52,000).
Commonwealth Scholarship in UK
The Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan is a joint initiative of the Government of the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth countries. The plan is designed to promote education, scholarship and research among member countries.
It is an internationally recognized program that has been running for more than 50 years. This year it will provide scholarships to more than 500 candidates from developing Commonwealth countries to study in the UK.
The scholarship offers full tuition fees, living expenses, airfare and other travel costs associated with the study of a master’s degree at various UK universities starting September 2017.
- You must be an undergraduate student at an accredited institution of higher learning in the United States (including two-year colleges)
- You must have obtained a first class or high upper second class honors Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education in the United States (including two-year colleges) by June 2019.
- You must plan to enroll in a graduate program leading to a postgraduate degree, diploma or professional qualification at a British university.
Gates Cambridge Scholarship
Gates Cambridge Scholarship
The Gates Cambridge Scholarship programme was established in October 2000 by a donation of US$210m from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to the University of Cambridge; this is the largest ever single donation to a UK university, and one of the largest donations ever made for international study anywhere.
Up to 100 new Gates Scholars are selected each year. The scholarship covers the full cost of studying at Cambridge: tuition fees, maintenance allowance, airfare, dissertation grant and arrival allowance. The scholarship is awarded for one year in the first instance and may be renewed for up to three further years (a non-renewable seven-year maximum).
Clarendon Fund Scholarship
The Clarendon Fund Scholarships are a prestigious, competitive scholarship scheme for international students offered by the University of Oxford in partnership with Oxford University Press.
Clarendon will offer around 140 new scholarships in 2019/20. The scholarships cover tuition and college fees in full, plus a generous grant for living expenses.
The Clarendon Scholarship is open to all students who have been offered a place at the University of Oxford and is not restricted to any particular group of students or subject areas (with the exception of MBA students).
Oxford-Indira Gandhi Graduate Scholarships 2021/2022 at Oxford University, UK
If you are an Indian student and you would like to undertake a graduate or research degree programme at Oxford University, UK, then apply for the Oxford-Indira Gandhi Graduate Scholarships 2021/2022.
The Indira Gandhi scholarship is a one-off scholarship available to Indian students who have applied for the MSc and DPhil programmes in any field at Oxford University.
The selection of candidates is made by the departments in which they are applying to study. The scholarship covers tuition fees and provides a grant for living costs for two years for master’s students, and three or four years for doctorate students.
Global Masters Scholarships at Newcastle University, UK 2021/2022 [Fully Funded]
Newcastle University is inviting applications for Global Masters Scholarship 2021. This scholarship is available to all international students who are applying to study a full-time taught masters programme at Newcastle University. The goal of this scholarship is to provide financial support for the student.
The Newcastle University will provide a £2,000 scholarship to study at Newcastle University.
Eligibility: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
You must be a self-funding student and hold an offer of admission on a course offered by the university.
You must meet all conditions (if any) attached to your offer of admission including submitting any required documents before 24th September 2021.
The application deadline is October 1, 2021
Postgraduate Academic Excellence Programme for Students from Africa, Brazil and South Korea at Queen Mary University of London, UK 2021/2022[Fully Funded]
Queen Mary University of London is proud to offer the Postgraduate Academic Excellence Programme for Students from Africa, Brazil and South Korea. The programme is open to students from Africa, Brazil, and South Korea who are going to begin a full-time masters degree programme at QMUL.
The aim of this educational bursary is to provide support for those academically excellent students who require financial assistance with their studies.
Established in 1887, Queen Mary University of London has over 25,000 students pursuing 500+ programmes at undergraduate or postgraduate level. It provides several subjects including economics, politics and international relations; engineering and materials science; law; languages, linguistics and film; medicine and dentistry; science and engineering.
The Restless Development – Leadership Training Programme in the United Kingdom, 2021 [Fully Funded]
The programme is an opportunity for young leaders from around the world to come together and learn alongside one another, while also exploring and experiencing life in the UK.
You will be part of a group from around the world who are working together to make change happen. You will build your skills as a leader, and you will learn about our approach to youth-led development, as well as developing your own project ideas.
Successful applicants will take part in a bespoke training programme with Restless Development UK, which includes three weeks residential at the University of York in June/July 2021
Warwick Chancellor’s International Scholarship 2020/2021 at the University of Warwick, United Kingdom [Fully Funded]
If you want to be eligible for a scholarship, you need to ensure that you:
- Evaluate the eligibility criteria before starting your application.
- Meet all of the eligibility criteria listed below. If in doubt please contact us via our online helpdesk.
- Are classed as an overseas student for fee purposes (check your fee status) and are not eligible for any other scholarships or discounts offered by the University of Warwick.
- Have achieved excellent academic results in your previous qualifications (minimum average grade equivalent to UK First Class).
- Have secured admission onto a full-time Masters course at Warwick, starting in September 2020 or January 2021 (subject to availability). There is no automatic right to defer entry and students that apply for a deferred entry will be required to meet current entry requirements at the point of re-application.
To apply for this prestigious opportunity, candidates are required to take admission into postgraduate degree program at the University of Warwick. After taking confirmation, applicants can complete their applications by clicking on the Apply Now button below and following the instructions given thereon. You can also go through this link if you wish to know more about how such applications work: https://warwick.ac.uk/services/dcf/scholarships/funding/postgraduateresearch/howtoapplyws