Nursing is a heavily-sought-after degree program in Colorado, which means that it can be difficult to get into the nursing programs at top schools. The good news is that there are many great options for nursing students in Colorado. You can choose from large public universities or small private colleges or even online schools. Additionally, these schools offer a variety of different programs so you’re sure to find the one that best fits your needs and goals.
schools in colorado for nursing
1 UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO ANSCHUTZ MEDICAL CAMPUS
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus (UCCS) offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing program, with concentrations in clinical practice, leadership and management, and nurse anesthetist administration. The UCCS program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
Students begin their studies by completing general education courses in mathematics, English composition and literature, foreign languages, social sciences and natural sciences. After completing these prerequisites they move on to nursing core courses such as pathophysiology; health assessment; pharmacology; nutrition; growth and development; mental health nursing; pediatric nursing care concepts; gerontological nursing care concepts; women’s health issues related to reproduction/pregnancy/lactation/infertility/sexuality/contraception (including informed consent); promotion of health through behavior change which includes age appropriate nutrition education for all groups including children 6 years old or older who are overweight or obese according to BMI percentile values set forth by the CDC nutritional guidelines for Americans 2020 report). There is also a required course called “Global Perspectives on Diversity & Health Care” where students will learn about cultural differences between countries as well as how this impacts healthcare delivery systems globally.”
2 UNIVERSITY OF NORTHERN COLORADO
The University of Northern Colorado is a great school. It has a nursing program. That nursing program is also great.
3 REGIS UNIVERSITY
Regis University is a private research university located in the heart of downtown Denver. Regis offers bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees through its nine colleges: College of Arts & Sciences; Daniels College of Business; College for Professional Studies; Kiely School of Education & Counseling Psychology; Korbel School of International Studies; Ritchie School of Engineering and Applied Science; McQuaid Jesuit Social Research Institute for Business Ethics and Public Service (the largest Jesuit business ethics institute in the country); Norlin Scholars Program (a leadership development program for high school juniors who want to attend Regis); and The Center for Student Success.
Regis has an enrollment total around 7800 students, with more than 75% being female. It also received recognition from The Princeton Review as one of the best colleges in America (#3).
4 UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO DENVER
Located in Denver, CO, the University of Colorado Denver has a strong nursing program.
The following are some of its features:
- The campus is located in the heart of downtown Denver and boasts an urban setting that includes many opportunities for student involvement.
- The school offers graduate degrees and certificate programs in as few as 16 months for students looking for accelerated programs.
- It’s easy to get involved with research at this university; there are more than 100 ongoing studies being conducted by faculty members and students alike.
You can learn more about these options on the university’s website (here).
5 COLORADO STATE UNIVERSITY
Colorado State University offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), Master of Science in Nursing (MSN), Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) and Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing (PhD) degrees. The school has an open curriculum that allows students to design their own coursework based on the needs and interests of their chosen field.
CSU’s BSN program is designed for those with an associate’s degree in another field who wish to earn their bachelor’s, as well as for RNs looking to advance their careers in nursing by earning additional credentials. The program is offered online or on campus at CSU’s Fort Collins campus. Students have the option to enroll part-time or full-time depending on their schedule and personal preferences; however, all students must complete four semesters before graduating from CSU’s School of Health Professions & Human Services Department of Nursing & Health Innovation School Program.*
The MSN program prepares RNs interested in advancing their careers by obtaining an advanced degree while retaining licensure as registered nurses.* Students may choose one general track within which they can focus their studies, such as acute care; population health management; leadership/management; long term care; mental health/substance abuse treatment services delivery system development/management; pediatric nursing practice; neonatal intensive care unit nursing practice management & leadership development
6 WESTERN STATE COLORADO UNIVERSITY
Western State Colorado University
Address: 300 N Alexander St, Gunnison, CO 81230
Phone Number: 970-641-2033
Cost: $$$$ (depending on program of interest) (see below)
Student Population: 1,204 students enrolled at WSCU as of Fall 2018. The student population has been around 1,200 students since 2009. The school boasts a diverse student body with 40% Caucasian and 30% Hispanic/Latino students. The remaining 30% are made up by Asians/Pacific Islanders, African Americans, Native Americans and International students from over 50 countries around the world!
Programs Offered: Bachelor’s degree programs include Nursing (RN), Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA), Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA), Speech Language Pathology Assistant (SLPA) and Physician Assistant Studies Program; Master’s degree programs include Health Care Administration (MHA), Education Leadership & Policy Studies Endorsement; DNP with an emphasis in Nurse Executive Leadership or Nursing Education Leadership & Policy Studies Endorsement; Doctoral degree programs include PhD – Clinical Psychology Program or Doctorate of Philosophy – Clinical Psychology Program as well as PhD – Educational Leadership & Policy Analysis Endorsement; Certificate Programs include Social Work Field Placement Certificate or Master Arts; Graduate certificate programs include Family Nurse Practitioner Track II Certificate or Advanced Practice Nursing Track II Certificate – Family Nurse Practitioner Track II Certifica
7 FRONTIER SCHOOL OF MIDWIFERY AND FAMILY NURSING
The Frontier School of Midwifery and Family Nursing campus is located in Fort Collins, Colorado. The school offers an Associate’s degree, a Bachelor’s degree, and a Master’s degree in nursing. The school does not offer online programs or online courses at this time.
The Frontier School of Midwifery and Family Nursing has several programs available for students to take advantage of including:
- Associate’s Degree (ASN) – This program is designed to prepare students for entry-level positions as nurses in various settings such as hospitals, schools or home health agencies. Students will learn about the basics in patient care such as anatomy/physiology; medical terminology; vital signs; disease prevention/control concepts; pharmacology principles; nutrition/hydration needs etc., while also gaining hands-on experience through clinical rotations throughout their studies with different healthcare providers such as physicians’ offices or hospital units based on state regulations regarding student hours spent working outside educational institutions where they are enrolled
- Bachelor’s Degree – This coursework will allow students who have already received their associate’s degree from another institution within five years prior enrollment into this program from applying those credits towards their bachelor’s degree requirements along with earning additional credits through elective coursework relevant topics so that upon completion graduate having completed 120 credit hours needed for graduation along with being ableto apply those same skills learned during previous training experiences gained during clinical rotations both inside campus locations as well as off-site assigned locations listed above under ASN Program Requirements section above which include critical thinking skillset development using evidence based practices while also taking into consideration cultural differences between populations served across various different clinical settings such
8 COLORADO CHRISTIAN UNIVERSITY
Colorado Christian University is a private, nonprofit university in Lakewood, Colorado. The school’s nursing program is accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission and has a high pass rate on the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX).
- What makes this school great?
- What are some of its strengths?
- How is it different than other schools?
9 you should go to school in colorado
If you want to live in a state that offers great weather and a balanced economy, Colorado could be the place for you. It also has great educational opportunities and resources for nursing students from schools like Regis University and University of Colorado Denver. If your goal is to start working as a nurse right away, then consider attending one of these two schools!
You might have heard that Denver is one of the best cities in America when it comes to job opportunities, but what about its current unemployment rate? Or perhaps we should ask: how many jobs are available in other parts of Colorado? According to data collected by the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), there were over 85 thousand people employed as registered nurses alone in 2017 across all industries combined with another 8 thousand employed at home health care providers.* This number excludes those working part-time or independently due to lackadaisical regulations regarding their status as full-time employees or self-employed individuals respectively.”
If you want to be a nurse, you should go to school in Colorado. There are many great nursing schools here that will help you get started on your career as a nurse. This state has many opportunities for people who want to become nurses because it has many hospitals and clinics that need employees. There are also many different types of nursing jobs available here so there will always be something new for anyone who wants one!