student visa requirements for poland
You must meet several requirements to be eligible for a student visa:
- You must be a citizen of a non-EU country.
- You must be enrolled in a full-time degree program in Poland. The institution you are attending must also have an agreement with your home university.
- You must have sufficient funds (approximately €1,000 per month) to cover your expenses while in Poland.
- You must have a valid passport. Your passport should have at least one blank page and should be valid for 90 days after the expiration date of your visa.
- You must purchase travel health insurance that is valid for all Schengen countries for the duration of your stay in Poland.
Schengen Visa Application Process
The Schengen visa application process follows six steps:
- Apply at least 15 days before the planned trip. You should apply for your visa at least 15 days before the date you plan to travel. However, it is recommended that you submit your application at least a month in advance to avoid any redundant stress or delays in processing.
- Complete the visa application form. After submitting the online application, you will need to print it out and sign it. Make sure to provide all necessary documentation and information requested on the form, as incomplete documents can lead to rejection of your application.
- Book an appointment at the consulate or embassy where you are applying for your visa. Most consulates have websites with instructions on how to book appointments and requirements for submission of applications (for example, some accept applications only through mail). It is best to check these details in advance so that you do not waste time by going there unprepared or waiting in long queues outside the consulate only to find out that they don’t accept walk-in applicants that day.
- Submit visa application along with required documents at your chosen location (normally a consulate/embassy) on the appointed day and time of your appointment. The Schengen member state where you intend to spend most of your trip will be responsible for reviewing and approving or denying your visa; therefore, it is important that you know where this is in order to submit your visa application correctly (more information about this can be found below). This country will then notify other member states about their decision so that they know whether or not an applicant has been approved for entry into their country as well when they cross borders within Schengen territory during their stay there (i
- Paying any applicable fees associated with obtaining a Schengen Visa must also take place prior collection). There are many types of visas available depending on what type of person you are traveling with, how long they plan on staying in Europe etc., but all require payment if applicable before
Documents for Health Insurance
Documentation for health insurance will be requested. To apply, you must submit a form and proof of payment to a medical services provider approved by the Municipal Council in Poznan. If you are planning on staying for more than one year, this will cost $1308.00 US dollars per annum.
Poland Visa Requirements for Students in the Schengen Area
If you plan to study in Poland for more than 90 days, you will need to apply for a student visa. You must submit the following documents to the Polish embassy or consulate:
- your valid passport
- proof of financial support (a bank statement or letter from the sponsor)
- proof that you have health insurance in Poland
- proof that you have secured accommodation near your Polish educational institution (letter from your host university, copy of a lease agreement)
- evidence that you have purchased one-way or round-trip airfare and will be able to leave Poland at the end of your stay
This article lists all the visa requirements for students going to Poland.
Oops! Click Regenerate Content below to try generating this section again.