study nursing in kenya
Get information on the best nursing schools with their fees structure
Nursing is one of the most rewarding careers in Kenya. In fact, nursing is among the highest paying jobs in Kenya. If you are interested in a career in nursing, it’s important to do your research before you start.
Most universities will have their own minimum requirements for entry into their nursing programs but as a general guide, you should be able to find below information on some of the best nursing schools in Kenya with their fees structure and how to apply to study Nursing at each university:
Best Nursing Schools in Kenya
Nursing is a very popular healthcare career in Kenya. There are a large number of accredited and approved nursing schools in Kenya which offer high quality education to all interested students. These courses can be studied at diploma or degree level, depending on your career goals and personal preferences. Know the best nursing schools in Kenya and choose the most affordable one for you.
Here are some of the best nursing schools spread across different regions in Kenya:
- Kenyatta University School of Health Sciences
Kenyatta University School of Health Sciences has two campuses; one is based in Thika while the other is located in Nairobi. They offer various health related courses such as Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB) program, surgical technologist program, Bachelor’s degree program in pharmacy among others. Among their list of programs is a Diploma course aimed at those who would like to pursue a nursing career. This Diploma takes 3 academic years for completion where you will get trained on aspects such as community health, child health and adult care among others.
Best Nursing Schools in Nairobi
Nursing schools are an important part of the health sector in Kenya. Thousands of nurses graduate from these facilities every year to serve Kenyans and other foreign nationals in hospitals, clinics, and other healthcare facilities. Here is a list of best nursing schools in Nairobi:
- Kenyatta University
- University of Nairobi
- Mount Kenya University
- University of Eastern Africa
- Kenya Medical Training College
- Eldoret Nursing School
- University of Eldoret
- Maseno University
- Moi University
Kenya Medical Training College Nursing Schools
The Kenya Medical Training College (KMTC) has many nursing schools that offer affordable and quality education in Kenya. Below are these nursing schools;
- KMTC Eldoret Nursing School- Offers courses such as Nursing and Midwifery, Community Oral Health, Environmental Health and Nutrition, Clinical Medicine and Surgery, Registered Clinical Officer (RCHO), Theatre Assistant Training among others.
- KMTC Nakuru Nursing School- Offers various certificate, diploma and degree courses including Nursing and Midwifery, Community Oral Health, Environmental Health and Nutrition among others.
- KMTC Kericho School of Public Health & Applied Sciences- Offers courses such as Community Oral Health, Environmental Health & Nutrition and Nutrition among others.
- KMTC Thika Nursing School- Offers courses such as Nursing and Midwifery, Clinical Medicine & Surgery among others.
Maseno University School of Nursing
Maseno University School of Nursing
Maseno University School of Nursing Fees Structure
Maseno University School of Nursing Application Forms
Maseno University School of Nursing Graduation
Aga Khan University School of Nursing
The Aga Khan University School of Nursing is a private university that was founded in 1958. It is located in Nairobi, Kenya. The school offers nursing and paramedical courses at diploma and degree levels. The school has an outstanding reputation for offering quality education.
Kenyatta University School of Health Sciences
Kenyatta University School of Health Sciences is a top-notch institution renowned for its excellent nursing care. If you have always wanted to study nursing in Kenya, you should consider applying at Kenyatta University. They offer a diploma in nursing course and also have courses that prepare students for the job market by equipping them with transferable skills. The school is located in Nairobi, the capital city.
Moi University School of Health Sciences
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing Community Health
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing Midwifery
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Master of Science in Nursing Midwifery
- Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing (PhD)
Kiambu Institute of Science and Technology Nursing Schools
- Kiambu Institute of Science and Technology
- P.O Box 1044-01000 Thika, Kenya.
- Phone: +254 722 740 046/ +254 733 671 127 /+254 738 565 603
- Email: email@example.com
Eldoret Nursing School Nursing Schools
Eldoret Nursing School is located in Eldoret town. The school has a student population of about 1500 students and a capacity of over 500 students. The school offers a diploma course in Nursing with a duration of 3 years.
Study nursing courses in Kenya.
Nursing is one of the most rewarding careers you could choose. Each day in your career will present challenges and opportunities to learn, grow and make a difference in someone’s life.
The purpose of nursing education is to equip the student with the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary for safe, competent practice as a registered nurse whilst also developing lifelong learning habits.