study nursing in lithuania
Why study nursing in Lithuania?
- Lithuania is a great place to study nursing. Its universities are top notch, and its healthcare system is excellent.
- The nation of Lithuania has a reputation for producing highly skilled nurses.
- It’s also a safe country with an affordable cost of living, so you will be able to enjoy your time there as well.
Studying in Lithuania
- Lithuania is a cheaper place to study than many other European countries, with a low cost of living, affordable accommodation and lower tuition fees.
- Lithuanian universities are popular with international students, particularly those from Germany, Russia and Sweden.
- International students can apply for a temporary residence permit to study in Lithuania. You need to provide proof that you have sufficient financial funds for the duration of your studies (at least €8706) and that you have paid any tuition fees owed (if applicable).
- Lithuania has an extensive public transport network, but you may choose to cycle or walk instead – it’s very safe in all cities.
- In most cases, health insurance is required by the Lithuanian government for all students from non-EU/EEA countries.
What kind of university courses are available?
Nursing courses. There are a variety of nursing courses available for students in Lithuania to choose from. Most nursing degrees will require you to spend time working in a hospital or clinic as part of your studies, so you can start putting your skills into practice.
Dentistry and medicine. If you’re interested in dentistry or medicine, you can also take these courses at university in Lithuania. As with nursing courses, many will be taught by professional working doctors who have years of experience in their field.
How much will it cost to study?
International students who have been accepted into degree programs at Lithuanian universities are required to pay tuition fees each year. The amount you pay depends on the university, your program and whether or not you are a European Union (EU) citizen.
- Some universities in Lithuania set the same tuition fees for EU and international students. At these schools, annual tuition for nursing degrees ranges from about €2,200 to €3,000 ($2,600 to $3,500). Most masters degrees also cost around €2,200 to €3,000 ($2,600 to $3,500) per year.
- Other universities in Lithuania charge higher tuitions for international students than for EU students. Nursing programs at these institutions typically range from about €4,300 to €7,850 ($5,000 to $9,250) per year. Tuition rates for masters degrees tend to be higher still: roughly between €6,150 and 10€650 ($7200 and $12500) per year.*
If you’re planning on studying in Lithuania at a public university that charges different rates based on your citizenship status—or if you’re enrolled in a private university—you could potentially save thousands of dollars by applying for an EU passport instead of paying international student fees.*
Here’s some more information about how much it will cost live as an international student in Lithuania:
How to apply to study in Lithuania
- To get admitted to our university you have to fill in and submit the online application form.
- Your documents will be assessed and if they are accepted, you will receive an offer letter giving you access to the portal.
- Then you can upload your documents onto the portal and come for an interview.
- Before your interview a non-refundable tuition fee has to be paid into our bank account (details on the offer letter).
What is the visa process for international students in Lithuania?
You will need to apply for a Lithuanian visa in order to study nursing in Lithuania. The exact process for acquiring the necessary visa for your studies will depend on where you are studying, and how long you plan to study for.
The first step is to make an appointment at a Lithuanian embassy or consulate in your home country. You must do this before you travel, as it can take some time to process the application.
To apply, you will need:
- your passport (valid for at least 3 months after the end of your studies)
- completed application form, which you can find on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Study nursing in Lithuania
Nursing is a career that offers you a chance to make a real difference in the lives of others. As a nurse, you will be able to work in a variety of settings, including hospitals, schools, nursing homes and other facilities. Whether you want to help people who are ill recover or provide care for those who cannot take care of themselves, a degree in nursing can allow you to pursue your ideal job.
Studying nursing abroad will give you the opportunity to learn from top instructors and receive hands-on experience with patients. In many cases, studying abroad also makes it possible for students of different backgrounds and nationalities to collaborate and forge lifelong friendships while they prepare for future careers together.