tech university in ghana
Candidates are required to have at least five (5) credits including Mathematics and English Language in the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) or its equivalent.
It is important to note that all applicants must have the following:
- At least five (5) credits including Mathematics and English Language in the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) or its equivalent.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in English and competence in Computing.
- Applicants may be required to sit for a selection interview.
Applications will be accepted from qualified persons who hold the WAEC, GBCE and MSHSCE.
To be eligible for admission, you must have obtained a qualification that is equivalent to the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE), General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level, West African Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (WASSCE), Business and Technical Education Certificate (BTEC), or the Mature Students’ High School Certificate Examination (MSHCE).
The minimum entry requirement for consideration of an application is 30 credits at the Ordinary level. A credit in Mathematics and English Language is required in addition to six credits in other subjects including three core subjects.
You are also required to pass a written entrance examination conducted by the Admissions Office at KNUST before being granted unconditional admission Letter.
Applications will be accepted from qualified persons who hold the WAEC, GBCE and MSHSCE. A minimum score of aggregate 24 in six subjects including core subjects is required.
Credits in Core Mathematics and English Language are compulsory for all programmes listed below.
- you will be required to have at least five (5) passes in the GCE `A` Level, SSCE/WASSCE or NECO Ordinary Level Credit Passes in Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and Biology as well as one from English Language, Geography or Economics.
- For a complete list of these programmes and all the details that you may need on them, please kindly visit their [website](https://www.knust.edu.gh/programmes-available-admission).
Credits in Social Studies/Integrated Science are compulsory for Distance learners.
The following are the entry requirements for Distance Learning:
DISCLAIMER: In addition to the general TU-G admission requirements, WASSCE applicants must possess credits in Social Studies/Integrated Science.
Candidates with the following combinations of subjects at credit level may be considered for admission into the indicated programmes below. Please note that all applicants must have credits in Elective Mathematics and English Language/Core English. Please do not apply with a combination of subjects that is neither listed below nor selected against any programme.
Note that all applicants must have credits in Elective Mathematics and English Language/Core English.
Please note that all applicants must have credits in Elective Mathematics and English Language/Core English. This is compulsory for all programmes.
Applicants for the NATIONAL DIPLOMA PROGRAMME must have Five (5) passes at WASSCE/SSSCE level, including English and Mathematics
Applicants for the HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA (HND) PROGRAMME must have the following:
- For Sandwich Option: A National Diploma in a relevant field from this University or any recognized Polytechnic. In addition, applicants should possess at least one year post National Diploma working experience.
- For Top-up Option: Applicants should possess a minimum of Credit/Merit Pass in Three (3) subjects including English Language and Mathematics at WASSCE/SSSCE level or GBCE level with at least five years relevant working experience.