Technical University Of Rajasthan
Technical University of Rajasthan (TUR) is established under the Rajasthan Technical University Act 2018. This was done for the purpose of developing Rajasthan into a hub for technological education and research. The university has been set up by merging Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT), Birla Institute Of Technology, Pilani (BIT PILANI) and Government Engineering College Ajmer.
Technical University Of Rajasthan is a state university. It was established in the year 2010 and is located in Kota, Rajasthan. It is a member of the Association of Indian Universities and Association of Commonwealth Universities.
In India, there are six universities under the category of Technical University which includes Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU), Delhi Technological University (DTU), Jadavpur University(JU), Anna University(AU) , Andhra Pradesh Technological University(APTU) and now TUVR has been added to it as well..
- Computer Lab
- Sports Facilities (basketball, badminton, volleyball and table tennis)
- Hostels (for boys & girls) with all modern facilities like dining hall, reading room, common rooms etc.
- Laboratories for various engineering branches such as Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering etc., various workshops for practical training of students. The institute also has a well developed gymnasium with latest equipment to give proper training to the students so that they can excel in sports too. All these facilities are available at the Institute campus itself which makes it convenient for all students here at Rajasthan Technical University which was established by an Act passed by State Legislature in 1976.
The admission process for B.Tech is based on the JEE Main. The admission process for M.Tech is based on the GATE. The admission process for MBA is based on the CAT. The admission process for MCA is based on the CMAT.
The eligibility criteria for admission to the various courses are as follows:
- The candidate must have passed the 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry as subjects at the 10+2 level with at least 60% marks in aggregate (55% for SC/ST candidates).
- The candidate should have secured a minimum of 50% marks (45% for SC/ST candidates) in either Physics or Mathematics or Chemistry subject separately at the qualifying examination.
The entrance exam is conducted in the month of April every year by the university. The entrance exam is held for admission to various courses like B.E/B.Tech, MCA, MBA, BBA etc., The subjects are Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry for Engineering students and English Literature / Psychology / Sociology for non-engineering stream students.
The university conducts Entrance Exam either at their campus or at different centres across India including Rajasthan.
The University provides a number of scholarships to meritorious students. The scholarship amount, duration and eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Scholarship amount: Rs. 50,000/- per year for 4 years
- Scholarship duration: 4 years
- Eligibility Criteria: Merit cum means basis (50% marks in case of candidate belonging to general category and 45% marks in case of candidates belonging to other backward classes or scheduled castes/scheduled tribes.)
Placement Record is a record of the jobs taken up by the students of the University. The Placement Record includes a list of all companies who have visited our campus for recruitment, a list of companies that have visited us and offered jobs to our students, and details about each student who has got placed in any company.
This information is updated every year after completion of placement season by making use of documents such as job offers letters and certificates issued by respective companies.
- The number of students who graduated in a particular year.
- The number of students who graduated in a particular year and joined a particular company.
- The number of students who graduated in a particular year and joined a particular industry.
- The number of students who graduated in a particular year and joined a particular branch.
Technical University Of Rajasthan Admissions 2019
- Admission Process
- Eligibility Criteria
- Selection Procedure
- Scholarship and Placement
We hope you found this article useful. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to leave a comment below!