think big scholarships
ATT offers the Think Big Scholarship
The Think Big Scholarship from AT&T is one that’s geared towards students who are making a difference in their communities. The scholarship is open to anyone who can demonstrate that they’ve started a project, business or organization that’s making a real difference in their community.
This means that the scholarship could go to anybody—not just students! As long as you’re working to make your community better, you have a chance of winning this scholarship.
The Think Big Scholarship is for people who are pursuing post-secondary education and want to change the world.
The Think Big Scholarship is for people who are pursuing post-secondary education and want to change the world. You may be a student who has started a project or an organization that is making a difference in your community – or you may be someone who simply wants to make the world a better place.
We’re looking for applicants with big ideas that can change lives, communities, and the future. We’re also looking for applicants with leadership potential and entrepreneurial spirit.
The scholarship is open to anyone who can demonstrate that they’ve started a project, business or organization that’s making a real difference in their community.
To be eligible for the Think Big Scholarships, students must meet the following criteria:
- You are an undergraduate or graduate student who has started a project, business or organization that is making a real difference in your community.
- You may be working with others on your project, but we will only consider applications submitted by the person primarily responsible for the work.
- Your project, business or organization must have had a positive impact on your community (for example, by creating jobs or paying taxes).
ATT awards $10,000 scholarships and recognizes other scholarship recipients with $5,000 scholarships.
- ATT will award a total of eight $10,000 scholarships and four $5,000 scholarships. Each winner will be required to attend the 2018 Celebration of Excellence event in New Orleans.
- Money awarded by ATT-sponsored scholarships is for educational or professional development purposes only and may not be used for personal expenses, such as, but not limited to, housing or food. If money from an ATT-sponsored scholarship is not used for its stated purpose within 12 months after the award has been granted, all unspent funds must be returned to the TTAF Scholarship Fund immediately.
- If you are selected as a recipient of an ATT-sponsored scholarship but cannot use it within the one-year period following its receipt (for example: illness that prevents you from attending school or other plan changes), please contact us promptly so we can determine how best to proceed.
You can submit your own application or nominate someone who you think should apply.
You can apply for a scholarship if you’re:
- A high school senior, undergraduate, or graduate student enrolled in a two- or four-year college program.
- A current member of Future Business Leaders of America – Phi Beta Lambda (FBLA-PBL).
- An FBLA-PBL member who will be attending an FBLA State Leadership Conference in the coming school year.
If you meet these requirements, the following application materials are required:
- A letter of recommendation from your local chapter advisor. This letter must be submitted on official FBLA-PBL letterhead and include chapter advisor’s signature. If you are an international student, we will accept a letter from your teacher, counselor, or principal as long as it is on official school letterhead and includes their signature. The letter should address your business acumen and how you could use this scholarship to further your career goals in business.
- If you’re applying for any other scholarships besides the Think Big Scholarship for International Students, please submit all necessary application materials by April 1st to ensure that your submission is considered for all available scholarships.
Think big with the ATT Think Big Scholarship
ATT wants you to Think Big. The $100,000 scholarship contest is open to high school juniors or seniors in the United States, and they need your help. Your mission: create a video showing how you can use technology and be a positive force in your community.
The winners will receive a $10,000 scholarship for college and an additional $5,000 for their school. In addition, each winning student will receive an iPad 2, iPhone 4S, Samsung Notebook laptop computer with Intel processor, and Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablet PC.
To enter the competition:
- Find out how you can use technology to make something awesome happen in your community (and write up a proposal).
- Create a two-minute or less video that tells us about it.
- Fill out the entry form at attthinkbigchallenge.com/entryform by May 1st at 11:59pm PST and submit it along with your video.*ATT Think Big Scholarships are awarded based on individual merit as evaluated by ATT Think Big Scholarship judges using the judging criteria provided at attthinkbigchallenge.com/prizesrules