top civil engineering schools in the philippines
University of the Philippines
- The University of the Philippines prides itself in being the nation’s top university, with most of its courses ranked within the Top 10. Its College of Engineering has produced many notable alumni who are now leaders in their own fields, and it is one of the school’s most competitive programs. Classes are offered during weekdays and Saturdays only; there are also a limited number of seats available for students from outside Metro Manila.
- Students may take up Civil Engineering as either a four-year BSE program or a five-year BS/MS program. As with all other engineering degrees at UP, students will have to complete 132 units for their coursework, on top of the University’s required NSTP (National Service Training Program) units. An overview of the degree requirements can be found here.
University of Sto. Tomas (UST)
University of Santo Tomas
Location: España Boulevard, Sampaloc, Manila 1015 Metro Manila
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (BSCE)
Bachelor of Science in Construction Engineering (BSCE)
Bachelor of Science in Architecture (BSAe)
Bachelor of Science in Architectural Technology (BSATec)
- Accomplished Application Form from the Office for Admissions
- Three copies of high school report card with a general weighted average grade not lower than 80%
- Original and three photocopies of High School Diploma or Certificate of Graduation with English translation duly authenticated by the Philippine Foreign Service Post abroad or by the Philippine Embassy where the school is located if education was taken outside the Philippines. For graduates taking advantage of RA 10647, submit original and three photocopies SHS card or diploma/certificate issued by DepEd, TESDA or CHED-accredited public Technical-Vocational Institution; certified true copy of Senior High School Transcripts; and two reference letters from two different school officials attesting to their honesty and good moral character certified true copy from the principal/head teacher/guidance counselor; and Honorable Dismissal upon admission
- Certified true copies from a principal/head teacher/guidance counselor attesting to your honesty and good moral character
- Honorable Dismissal upon admission for transferees If you are currently enrolled as a college student in another school, please submit an original Dean’s Certification indicating that you have no failing grades for this term as well as your standing to transfer to UST College Admission Tests (CAT): For BSCE applicants only – Math CAT per department schedule at UST Entrance Examination fee P200 non-refundable Tuition Fees BSCE 1st Year 2nd Year 3rd Year
Polytechnic University of the Philippines (PUP)
The Polytechnic University of the Philippines (PUP) is a public research university in the Philippines. It is composed of 18 campuses throughout the country. It was founded on October 19, 1904 as Manila Business School and inaugurated on October 12, 1905. PUP offers programs in various fields, with its flagship program being in civil engineering.
In PUP Sta. Mesa, you will find several laboratories for your civil engineering needs: surveying laboratory, geotechnical laboratory, highway materials testing laboratory, structural materials testing laboratory and transportation engineering laboratory
De La Salle University (DLSU)
De La Salle University (DLSU) is one of the top learning institutions in the Philippines. Founded in 1911, DLSU’s academic offerings range from liberal arts to medicine, dentistry and engineering. Located in the heart of Manila, DLSU offers a vibrant student life, good career prospects and competitive tuition rates.
The civil engineering program at De La Salle University is considered to be among the best in the country. Research facilities are up-to-date and students benefit from expert faculty with vast experience in their respective fields. DLSU also has notable alumni working as engineers all over the world, who often return to campus as guest lecturers to share their experiences with new generations of graduates.
Mapua Institute of Technology (MIT)
Mapua Institute of Technology (MIT) is a private university. It was founded by Don Tomas Mapua, the first registered architect in the Philippines, in 1925.
Located in Intramuros, Manila, MIT offers a 5-year BSCE program. The degree has been recognized by the Professional Regulation Commission as one of the top civil engineering schools in the country. Aside from that, MIT is also the first university in the Philippines to offer a BS in Architecture program under its School of Civil Engineering and Architecture (SCEA).
Adamson University is a private university in Manila, Philippines. Founded in 1932, Adamson University offers programs in the field of engineering, business and economics, computer studies, education, nursing and allied medical sciences, arts and sciences.
Adamson University has been recognized as one of the top universities in the Philippines by various publications like Asiaweek magazine and The Princeton Review.
Adamson University is located at:
900 San Marcelino Street Ermita Manila 1000 PHILIPPINES
(63 2) 524 2011 | http://www.adamson.edu.ph/| email@example.com
Technological University of the Philippines (TUP)
The Technological University of the Philippines (TUP) is one of the most prestigious schools in the Philippines, offering courses in various areas of study such as engineering, information technology, architecture and other academic fields. Founded in 1901, TUP started as a school for trade and commerce with just a few number of students. Now it boasts a student population of around 20,000 and has over 1,000 faculty members offering 150+ degree programs. TUP is located along Espana Boulevard in Manila.
These are great choices for schools for civil engineering in philippines
There are many schools that offer an engineering program, particularly civil engineering. A major factor in deciding which school to apply to is the quality of education and reputation of the university. Below are five highly ranked schools in the Philippines offering a civil engineering program.
Polytechnic University of the Philippines (PUP) – Sta. Mesa
The PUP College of Engineering is one of the oldest and most respected programs in the country. It was established in 1904 as part of Philippine Schools of Arts and Trades (PSAT), which later became PUP. The university has campuses all over Manila, but its main campus is located at Santa Mesa, Manila with a land area of more than 15 hectares. Its College of Engineering offers courses related to civil engineering as well as other disciplines such as mechanical, electrical, electronics, computer and industrial engineering.