top engineering schools in canada
University of Toronto
- University of Toronto. The University of Toronto is the top engineering school in Canada, according to Maclean’s, and also ranks as the #1 educational institution in the country overall. This well-rounded university offers several engineering specializations including aerospace, biomedical, chemical, computer, electrical and computer, industrial (with a focus on manufacturing), materials science and engineering (for developing new materials for structures), mechanical (includes thermal power generation), mineral processing (using chemistry to process raw minerals into useful substances), software (for designing computer programs) and systems design. Additionally, the university’s Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering offers a forestry engineering program within its environmental studies specialization.
University of Waterloo
University of Waterloo’s engineering program is one of the best in the country and offers a wide range of choices for specialization. The school also boasts strong research programs, particularly in nanotechnology and quantum computing. Founded in 1957, the University of Waterloo was originally established to train engineers to work on post-war reconstruction projects.
Waterloo has since become an international leader in research, with about $50 million spent annually for engineering research alone.
A public research university in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. The main campus is on 121 hectares of land near the residential neighbourhoods of Ainslie Wood and Westdale, adjacent to the Royal Botanical Gardens.
McGill University is located in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. It is a coeducational, non-denominational institution that offers degrees and diplomas in over 300 fields of study. McGill has been consistently ranked as one of the top universities in Canada, with education quality that often surpasses expectations. The university’s faculty members have won numerous awards for teaching excellence at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Some of the top instructors include professors from the Department of Mechanical Engineering. McGill’s engineering department has established itself as one of the most technologically advanced programs in North America, with world-class research facilities that are used for scientific exploration and practical application. The school’s most popular areas of specialization include computer engineering, electrical engineering and biomedical engineering.
Université de Sherbrooke
Université de Sherbrooke is a French-language institution located in Quebec that was founded in 1954. It offers a variety of engineering programs, including civil engineering and electrical engineering, and is particularly known for its top-notch research program. The school’s student population includes over 4000 people.
École Polytechnique de Montréal
École Polytechnique de Montréal is a French-language public research university in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. École Polytechnique is a coeducational engineering school, and is one of the most prestigious in Canada.
It offers undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate studies in engineering and it specializes in teaching science and engineering. It is one of the few universities to offer programs in both French and English as languages of instruction. While being part of Université de Montréal’s faculty of Science, it maintains strong ties with École des mines de Paris through the France-Canada Research Institute (FCRI). The institution counts more than 45 000 alumni from its bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs. Its main campus covers an area of 2.2 km² including 16 buildings with a total floor space exceeding 170000 m² housing l’X’s 39 laboratories on the main campus at Université de Montréal including 9 buildings for research centers which were built for a total cost exceeding $ 100 million between 1988–1995 as well as two buildings off campus for specialized equipment including wind tunnels as well as an automobile test track located south of Montreal near Montreal-Trudeau International Airport from which several aerospace companies operate their flight test operations out of facilities such as Bombardier Aerospace or Pratt & Whitney Canada which often recruit students from École Polytechnique to join their respective flight test operations groups.
These are the best schools to study engineering in Canada
These are the best schools to study engineering in Canada:
- The University of Toronto has a diverse community of students from all over the world and a faculty that is ranked #1 in Canada and #20 worldwide. There is also an experiential education program for students to use their skills outside of the classroom.
- The University of Waterloo’s engineering program has a record number of graduate employment, and it has been known to outpace its counterparts at MIT and Stanford. There are co-op placements available, so you can get paid while learning.
- At McMaster University, you’ll find one of the most innovative centers for engineering research in Canada. This school is well-known for its excellent workforce training programs, which will prepare you for your career after graduation.
- McGill University offers several degree programs that allow you to explore different areas within the field of engineering before choosing your specialization. It also houses a Centre for Smart Materials Design, which will teach how to create new materials with intelligent properties like self-healing behavior or shape memory capabilities. You can even earn credits towards your degree by completing internships at some top companies like Google and Apple!
- At Université de Sherbrooke , students have access to facilities such as wind tunnels and flight simulators as well as an extensive library collection with over 72 000 books on engineering topics ranging from civil construction methods through mechanical design principles right down into electrical circuitry design fundamentals.”