The University of Maastricht is a public university in the Netherlands. It is located in the city of Maastricht and was founded on 15 May 1976. The university offers a wide range of undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate programs in Dutch and English. The university currently has 12 faculties, 9 research schools and 4 vocational schools (postgraduate).
University Of Maastricht Netherlands
The University of Maastricht is ranked #32 in the world, and #1 in the Netherlands.
The university was founded in 1976 with a focus on international learning, while also providing opportunities for practical experiences through internships and research with companies. It has a large student body, with approximately 18,000 students enrolled at all levels.
The University of Maastricht is located in the Netherlands. It is situated in the province of Limburg, which is part of a larger region known as South-Limburg. The university has its own municipality called Maastricht and is located in the city center.
You will have the opportunity to study at the University of Maastricht in one of five official languages: English, Dutch, German, French or Spanish. If you are interested in studying abroad and learning a new language while earning your degree, this school might be a good choice for you.
The faculty consists of over 700 professors who teach around 11,000 students each year. With such a large student body there are many opportunities for leadership roles within clubs and organizations on campus. The university also hosts frequent lectures and performances by visiting artists from all over the world – giving students an opportunity to experience different cultures firsthand.
4 Tuition Fees and Scholarships
Tuition Fees and Scholarships
- What are the tuition fees for my study programme?
Tuition fees vary per study programme, but you can find a full overview on our website. We offer scholarships to students from abroad who have a Dutch or EU nationality, as well as to international students with a non-EU nationality. For more information about this, visit our financial aid webpage or contact us directly!
- What is financial aid? How does it work? Is there an application deadline for financial aid? Can I apply for financial aid even if I don’t know what my exact budget will be yet? How much money do I need in terms of liquid funds because of visa requirements etcetera when coming to Maastricht University? Which documents do I have to submit along with my application form? When will I receive an answer regarding my application for financial aid and where can I consult my status regarding this matter (i.e., if it was rejected or approved)?
5 Campus Life
The UMa student life is active and exciting, with a wide range of activities for everyone. More than 50 clubs and societies organise various events throughout the year. The UMa Sport Centre offers many opportunities to participate in sport or just relax after class. It is also possible to use the facilities of the nearby swimming pool (50 meters away).
Student Associations at UMa offer a variety of activities: Social Activities, Academic Support & Mediation Services as well as Personal Development. You are welcome to join one of these student associations!
In addition, there are Student Health Services at Campus Maastricht that provide help when you feel sick or injured during your stay here. The Students’ Union organises activities that appeal especially to international students such as study trips abroad and social events like beer tasting evenings.
6 Research Opportunities
Maastricht University has a long history of academic excellence. Its researchers have been involved in many groundbreaking discoveries, and collaborations with international partners have brought about unique opportunities for interdisciplinary research. Here are the highlights:
- World-class research. Since its establishment, Maastricht University has established itself as one of Europe’s leading institutes for learning, teaching and doing research. Research at Maastricht is characterized by an international perspective that strengthens its position as an influential player in multidisciplinary fields such as economics and law, or medicine and health sciences.
- Collaboration with international partners. Some of these collaborations include:
- The Maastricht Graduate School of Governance (MGSoG), which works with the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) on global social development issues;
- The Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS), which provides policy analysis on EU institutions; and
- The Institute of Tropical Medicine (ITM), which conducts research on infectious diseases affecting developing countries like Africa or Asia
The University of Maastricht is an excellent place for students to study at. The university is known for being one of the top universities in Europe, and has a very high ranking on QS World University Rankings 2019.
The University offers many different courses, including business administration, economics and law. There are also several areas of specialization available such as International Business Law (MSc) or Corporate Finance and Capital Markets (MSc). This means that you can choose a course which suits your interests and career goals.
Students will be taught by world-class academics who have experience working in their field of expertise, so they will get first-hand knowledge on how it works in real life! Students benefit from small class sizes – ensuring that everyone gets the attention they need – as well as numerous exchange programs with leading universities around the world like Harvard Business School or Columbia Law School, New York City!
8 University Of Maastricht Netherlands
The University of Maastricht is a public research university located in Maastricht, Netherlands. It was founded in 1976, moving from Rotterdam to Maastricht in 1989. It is one of the most selective universities in the Netherlands, with a 12% acceptance rate for its undergraduate programmes.
The university’s medical program is ranked eighteenth internationally by U.S. News & World Report. As of 2016-2017, 16 Nobel Prize winners were affiliated with the University of Maastricht.
In 2013 and 2014, it had an acceptance rate of 12%. The average duration to complete studies at the university level is 5 years (12 semesters).
It is a great university to study at. The professors are very friendly and helpful towards students as well.